Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

soupslam1

Aggies-Aztecs

My big takeaways after the first half of this game:

-SDSU is not a NCAAT team this year. 

-USU is a NCAAT team this year.

It's only a half, but this game doesn't even look that competitive so far. It appears like SDSU is going to have serious trouble getting to 50 points tonight. USU is out defending SDSU significantly and I'm not seeing enough guys who can score to get the Aztecs back into this one.

Pretty complete game start to finish for USU. Looked like the better team tonight. We will see what transpires Saturday.

There are only two things I can't stand in this world: people who are intolerant of other people's cultures and the Dutch. 

Man, SDSU is really screwed if Mitchell is out for an extended period. It looked like he was moving around okay postgame, so hopefully he gets back quickly...I like watching that guy play.

Good game by the Aggies tonight. That defense looks awfully tough and SDSU never really even got within striking distance. It's gotta be nice to actually have some fans in the stands too.

Mitchell usually kills us. Very impressed with the defense on him by Bean and Anthony. Hopefully he's alright and good to go soon, it looked bad but the trainer keeping him on the bench makes me think he might be fine. 

The secret to beating SDSU is never leave Schakel alone at the three point line and clog the lane when Mitchell drives. Make him beat you from the perimeter. Let Mensah get his points. Those three are the key to their offense. No one else can score enough to worry about except Gómez and a taller quick defender will shut him down. Let Arop and Pulliam take as many shots as they want. 

USU is tough because Queta shuts the lane down and you have to beat them from the perimeter, or force turnovers and get out on the break. Or go right at him and try and get him in foul trouble. They had us beat last year until Queta fouled out and then we took over. 

2 hours ago, ProvoAggie said:

None of those losses were bad losses. They were Q1 and Q2 opponents. USU still needs some quality to wins to improve their resume but no bad losses as of now.

The saddest part of those losses is I think the Aggies would wipe the floor with any if them if they were to play again now. Had USU been able to play a few warm up opponents to begin the season before having to play in that tourney to start the season they would have been so much better off. So many new pieces coming together made it hard to be great right from the start.