Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

THEUniversityofNevada

F'in gubmint!!!

I got a speeding ticket back in December here in Nevada. I'm guilty. I was going 53 in a 35. I've been procrastinating about my options for weeks. Option 1: pay the fine and take the point. Option 2: pay a slightly reduced fine, take 5 hours of online traffic school, no points.

So, this past Monday was decision day, court date was coming. I finally make the decision, F it! I'll take the point. I can't take 5 hours of online traffic school. I go to pay the fine and discover, Option 3: Pay an extra $100 on my fine and get no points. 

WTF? I paid it, but isn't that like...a bribe? "Pay us a little extra and we'll make this whole thing go away." :lol:

1 hour ago, THEUniversityofNevada said:

I got a speeding ticket back in December here in Nevada. I'm guilty. I was going 53 in a 35. I've been procrastinating about my options for weeks. Option 1: pay the fine and take the point. Option 2: pay a slightly reduced fine, take 5 hours of online traffic school, no points.

So, this past Monday was decision day, court date was coming. I finally make the decision, F it! I'll take the point. I can't take 5 hours of online traffic school. I go to pay the fine and discover, Option 3: Pay an extra $100 on my fine and get no points. 

WTF? I paid it, but isn't that like...a bribe? "Pay us a little extra and we'll make this whole thing go away." :lol:

I like it! Aren't folks always saying we should run government more like a business? Give the customer options :ph34r:

4 minutes ago, renoskier said:

I like it! Aren't folks always saying we should run government more like a business? Give the customer options :ph34r:

Agreed. Had it been me, the third option would’ve been welcome...

2 hours ago, THEUniversityofNevada said:

NV doing their thing to cover the Covid related budget woes !