Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

halfmanhalfbronco

Crack. You should try it.

5 minutes ago, SalinasSpartan said:

Is it a single documentary or a docuseries? 

Single documentary that explores the socio-economic conditions that lead to the crack epidemic, the allure to young men to sell it, and the racism around the response to it.

Just now, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Single documentary that explores the socio-economic conditions that lead to the crack epidemic, the allure to young men to sell it, and the racism around the response to it.

Well I’ll be checking that out tonight, thanks for the recommendation.

27 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Seriously, it is really good.

Streaming now on Netflix.  

Seriously thought this was going to be a thread about @Wyoguns’ mom.

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

12 minutes ago, BSUTOP25 said:

Seriously thought this was going to be a thread about @Wyoguns’ mom.

Mom is more hi class than crack... unlike your mom who is always trying to sniff my crack if you know what I mean.  She has some weird fetishes but she’s a hell of a cook so I keep her around!

9 minutes ago, Wyoguns said:

Mom is more hi class than crack... unlike your mom who is always trying to sniff my crack if you know what I mean.  She has some weird fetishes but she’s a hell of a cook so I keep her around!

That's exactly what he was saying. Did you not get his joke?

lamb-with-human-face-150331-670.jpg?itok

34 minutes ago, toonkee said:

Will watch.

It's really good.  It's all stuff I have read before but listening to the commentary of those whose lives were destroyed, seeing the footage, really, really hits hard.

Our black communities are still and will still feel the repercussions for years.  We failed.

1 hour ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

oh boy, that sounds...uplifting :ph34r:

On 1/14/2021 at 10:39 AM, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Seriously, it is really good.

Streaming now on Netflix.  

Watched it based on your suggestion.  I found the parts regarding Nicaragua and the CIA particularly interesting because I have been to Nicaragua many times living near there.  Crossing over to that country is always an interesting experience.  The "feel" isn't the same as when you enter Costa Rica.  The Nicaraguans are very suspicious of Americans it feels.  Canadians seem to get a hassled less but the country is a bit of a cult of personality now.

I didn't really know of the major allegations that the CIA looked the other way while the Contras used cocaine sales to Los Angeles to fund that war in addition to funnelling profits from sales to Iran.  

That does have elements of conspiracy theory to it but it doesn't look like it has really been completely investigated.  It is pretty vile, however, to use drugs to create extra funds and THEN use it as a pretext to crack down on the black community.  

This documentary simply reinforces what I already believed about the drug war.  It needs to end....and the police are not really our friend.  When I say "our" I mean ALL of our friends.  

In looking at how white people with opiods are treated and how white people who riot are treated is there any question any longer?:shrug:  I honestly hope those folks who rioted maybe only get a few months in jail just to teach them a lesson unless they did something very violent.   But we also deserve to have some grace with other races as well.  

Defunding the police, the drug war, the prison industrial complex, and the idea that locking people up (as long as they aren't white or white collar criminals) is the answer is hopefully what will change.  

Posted Image

I streamed the new Tom Hanks movie News Of The World, and it's really good. 

https://decider.com/2021/01/15/news-of-the-world-stream-it-or-skip-it/

I just finished watching it. It’s one of the most depressing documentaries I’ve ever watched. If you were poor and didn’t have a job I can see how it would be very easy to become a crack dealer especially when there are thousands of dollars a day to be made. I can also see how it would be very easy to become addicted. The introduction of crack led to turf wars and drug related shootings that still go on to this day. It’s a very complicated issue where there is no cheap or simple fix. 

Speaking of documentaries, just watched White Noise and it was pretty interesting. It follows Mike Cernovich, Richard Spencer, and Lauren Southern around for a few years starting in 2016. I wasn’t all that aware of Mike Cernovich, but holy shit is he just the ultimate grifter. Southern is also interesting in how she is very much a rules for thee but not for me kind of person. She slams liberals for talking about rape culture in the West, then in one part basically laments the existence of rape culture in the West. Her other big “cause” is immigration because it makes white countries less white, and she ends up marrying a guy that isn’t white and having a kid with him. It’s even more ironic because apparently she lives in Australia now, so she actually immigrated to this white country and helped it become just a little less white.