Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

grandjean87

Tillerson on Foreign Policy

Back to the OP not that it will stop the MWCboarding, but the big lesson of the Trump years on foreign policy is that it is a deeply serious, complex set of matters.  It’s not one for making random, gut feeling, and personal choices and policy directions. 

Just now, grandjean87 said:

Back to the OP not that it will stop the MWCboarding, but the big lesson of the Trump years on foreign policy is that it is a deeply serious, complex set of matters.  It’s not one for making random, gut feeling, and personal choices and policy directions. 

Agreed. And also some outside the box thinking is necessary. See the Middle East.

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

23 minutes ago, grandjean87 said:

Libya says Amen.

15 minutes ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

Agreed. And also some outside the box thinking is necessary. See the Middle East.

I’m in the camp that the four states, including the mini-Gulf ones, and their recent agreements with Israel are not major, substantive changes, but I don’t begrudge their symbolic success.  Could they help lead to more?  Maybe. 

But, then last week you have Pompeo and Trump handing the region a sh!t sandwich with the designation of the Houthi rebels as a Foreign Terrorist Organization to no good humanitarian end.  Why?  Why now?  

19 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Going for a lunchtime walk in oft dissed beautiful West Boise so I’ll get back later.  That said, I take Obama’s word for his admission.