Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Akkula

Did the 2A Blow up In our Faces?

2 minutes ago, Akkula said:

Perhaps not but we didn't sell tanks to the soviets because it was ONLY a cold war.

What is the solution to make the 5th amendment unconstitutional. No chance unless you pack the court. That sort of tactics is worse than 4 years of Trump. Change the 5th amendment I don’t care but do legally not with 6 liberal judges. 

The Masters 5k road race All American.

Make no mistake, the gun freaks, are as insane in their love of their fetish as the Qanon folks.  That is how Republicans keep a hold on them.  They enable each other's fetishes.  

That is why even questioning makes the gunsters go....

atomic bomb explosion GIF

Posted Image

5 minutes ago, Akkula said:

Make no mistake, the gun freaks, are as insane in their love of their fetish as the Qanon folks.  That is how Republicans keep a hold on them.  They enable each other's fetishes.  

That is why even questioning makes the gunsters go....

atomic bomb explosion GIF

This is the most taboo topic on this board.  Really smart people lose their sh*t if you try to have any nuanced discussion about guns. 

1 hour ago, Akkula said:

400 million firearms in this country.  10 out of 211 Republicans in the house voted for impeachment for insurrection---or about 5%.  Checking my math is it possible that 95% of the 400 million guns may be held by people with insurrectionist tendencies?  

You  vastly underestimate the gun culture from non-dipshit Republicans, Independents and Democrats alike.

Remember, according to the popular fable the 2A is designed so "patriots" can overthrow a "tyranically government" by force.

The text is more along the lines of the states having their populaces rights for arms to defend against (not overthrow) the tyranny of the federal government, since states had militias (now Natl Guard).  The "purpose" is gone, but the rights to bear arms is still codified.

1 hour ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Used in self defense 3 million times a year.

Nope.  Too bad congress was not strapped.  

Gun owner here and hate that this gets argued every couple months but do not believe the three million times a year stat.

8 minutes ago, gold-n-brown said:

Gun owner here and hate that this gets argued every couple months but do not believe the three million times a year stat.

It's a lot.  Should have said up to 3 million.

https://www.heritage.org/data-visualizations/firearms/defensive-gun-uses-in-the-us/#:~:text=According to the Centers for,3 million times each year.

4 minutes ago, gold-n-brown said:

The actual number is a range - 500k TO 3 million a year per the Heritage Foundation, while a 5 year statistical study by the DOJ puts it at less than 100k.

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

Just now, halfmanhalfbronco said:

500,000 times a year people are pulling out their guns?   That's a lot of "get off my lawn".

11 minutes ago, gold-n-brown said:

500,000 times a year people are pulling out their guns?   That's a lot of "get off my lawn".

Based on a single study by a right leaning group? I don’t buy into this either. Not to saying it isn’t true, but that’s a pretty specific number and seems really high. 

Let me sooth the gun fetishists angst over any threads that question any aspect of the beloved 2nd Amendment with the beauty of this clock !! 

Behold the glorious time piece that will warm the cocked shells of any firearm enthusiasts heart !!

For we all know the time may come when you need some ammo & mark the exact time you needed it !! :USFlag:

I have been in a deep intellectual pondering on the 2A ever since the 1October mass shooting in Vegas. More recently I had come to terms with the "necessary evil" aspect of the 2A.

But gotdamn it gets tougher to justify that by the day. Akkula is right that the huge gun ownership is by conservatives, and many of the Trumpist ilk. Those folks who just tried some sedition and are programmed to a scary degree.

I try to agree with the philosophical underpinnings of the 2A, but have a really tough time squaring it with the current reality.

What if those who nobly seek the government's overthrow, and own a monstrous stockpile to do so, are flat out wrong? What if they are wrong and the Gov't is not? What if they are fascist assholes? The 2A seems tragically silent on that.

The hope is there is more noble 2A stockpilists who will put the crazies in check. The longer Trumpism goes on, that more I wonder about that happening. The more I wonder if they will actually get involved to defend the Republic. My guess is they will just hug their 2A and have faith that the CIC and Nat'l Guard got this.

Guess it comes down to we all need to start strappin. Wild, wild, west. Yay 'Murica!

@BSUTOP25

1 hour ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Also, no "patriots" fired guns, most did not have any.  They used fire extinguishers, flags and body mass to inflict damage, not guns.

That might have been the surprising aspect of the entire day from the insurrectionists side of the fracas 

1 hour ago, East Coast Aztec said:

You  vastly underestimate the gun culture from non-dipshit Republicans, Independents and Democrats alike.

The text is more along the lines of the states having their populaces rights for arms to defend against (not overthrow) the tyranny of the federal government, since states had militias (now Natl Guard).  The "purpose" is gone, but the rights to bear arms is still codified.

One man's "defend" is another man's "overthrow." Will be tough to adjudicate when all parties are expired.

What’s funny is all of those retards that stormed the Capitol will never be allowed to own a firearm again.  Felons can’t legally own or purchase firearms :lol:

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

2 minutes ago, SharkTanked said:

And I would not count on it happening the next time.

No.....and the seditionists said as much publicly multiple times 

My hope id that now with the added barriers, limited access & other provisions .....along with the show of force already on-site, that maybe it lessens the urge for the seditionists to take action........could see some going ahead, as they seem hell bent to start some sort of fire fight regardless ........but maybe some that have families & some brains will think again before joining in 

I think some of the state capitols are were the trouble might occur as I don't think the overall defensive presence is close to the situation in DC 

2 minutes ago, mugtang said:

What’s funny is all of those retards that stormed the Capitol will never be allowed to own a firearm again.  Felons can’t legally own or purchase firearms :lol:

That's a law that I bet they ignore without much thought - these guys gun need is right there with food & water