Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NorCalCoug

BSU & SDSU to the AAC???

5 minutes ago, Bronco7454 said:

You just keep right on saying that if it makes you feel better.

Football only membership, football only membership, football only membership. 

Why don’t you reveal your source that’s telling you otherwise?

30 minutes ago, tailingpermit said:

Football only membership, football only membership, football only membership. 

Why don’t you reveal your source that’s telling you otherwise?

How many message board weenies, claiming to have 'sources,' have you seen who were actually legit?

Most of them are attention whores whose predictions are about as accurate as a Ouiga Board.

"Don't underestimate Joe Biden's ability to F@*k things up."

Barack Obama

1 hour ago, jdgaucho said:

If that mighty athletics powerhouse UCSD wasn't in the conference, Wicker would not have said "there are no viable options for us."  

In 2011 as SDSU made their first BE/BW push, Zeigler said the only way UCSD would join the Big West, was with SDSU's blessing.  UCSD was reportedly not discussed with the Aztecs but reading between the lines, Sterk wasn't thrilled with sharing a league with another institution from the same city.  

Unlike little sister USD,  UC San Diego's student enrollment, financial endowment, academics and research rankings all meet the Pac 12's criteria and then some.  Since it is those egghead presidents and chancellors who vote (I mean Votr) on membership.

I'll be shocked the day UCSD puts together a football team. 

On 1/14/2021 at 1:19 AM, SDSUfan said:

AAC West

SDSU

Boise

UNLV

BYU

AAC Central

Houston

SMU

Tulsa

Colorado State

AAC South

USF

UCF

Memphis

Tulane

AAC East

Cinn

Temple

Navy

ECU

Play  Home and home in your division -6 games

rotate division play annually- 4 games 2 home 2 away

semi final  1 game

conference championship 1 game

12 games- minimal travel, national interest

Basketball - Add Gonzaga  in the west and three other GOOD regionally aligned basketball only schools + Wichita st

Hello WAC. 16

I don't accept football only.

I think Tromp is better than that...

I think she'll  do the only proper thing, should we make a change: move all sports to the same location.

• Unless we join our round-ball with BYU and Gonzaga...

However, we need to stay in the West; rivalries mean something, and so does culture...

@Tromp.

New-Signature.jpg

3 minutes ago, Jeffkills said:

Would you accept that on our behalf?

Selfishly, yes as I live in Oviedo, FL and would travel to Tampa for the USF game. 

But, I don’t think this is a good idea as others have mentioned.  

All these bullshit sources are suspect, as said before my next door neighbor is the UCF AD and he said to me, “you’re joining the AAC, you just need to find a spot for your Olympic sports.”

41 minutes ago, tailingpermit said:

Selfishly, yes as I live in Oviedo, FL and would travel to Tampa for the USF game. 

But, I don’t think this is a good idea as others have mentioned.  

All these bullshit sources are suspect, as said before my next door neighbor is the UCF AD and he said to me, “you’re joining the AAC, you just need to find a spot for your Olympic sports.”

Really?

Dude, I take your word for it...

I hope Tromp doesn't fu/ck this up..

If they don't want all our sports, then they need to piss off...

New-Signature.jpg

9 minutes ago, Jeffkills said:

Really?

Dude, I take your word for it...

I hope Tromp doesn't fu/ck this up..

If they don't want all our sports, then they need to piss off...

The only way I would support a move to the AAC is if two or four other MWC schools or BYU come along to form a true all sports western division. Otherwise +++++ that noise. 

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

Just now, BSUTOP25 said:

The only way I would support a move to the AAC is if two or four other MWC schools or BYU come along to form a true all sports western division. Otherwise +++++ that noise. 

I can buy into that also.

@tromp

New-Signature.jpg

6 hours ago, Ibanez said:

Weren't you two both saying I was full of shit about more realignment? Then laughed at me when I said as soon as the AD and Coach was announced  realignment talk would come out? Pretty sure it was you two and that @renoskier douche. So I wasn't the one starting personal attacks. 

So when I say this realignment talk is far from over and possible movement is close, Is keep an open mind. JDW knows PR talk. He isn't gonna burn any bridges.

Don't get confused; @renoskier is cool...

New-Signature.jpg

10 hours ago, Bronco7454 said:

MY suggestion on this is the following Eastern and Western divisions - but the MWC teams should not join the AAC unless it is ALL sports - not just football.

AMERICAN ATHLETIC CONFERENCE
EASTERN DIVISION

Cincinnati

East Carolina

Memphis

Temple

Tulane

U.C.F.

U.S.F.

WESTERN DIVISION

Air Force

Boise State

Houston

Navy

S.M.U.

Tulsa

U.N.L.V. or Colorado State or Fresno State (one of these three)

Navy in the West Division because Air Force and Navy have to play each other every year.

*We would have to take Fresno.

California is important to our recruiting, and we've got a rivalry with those dawgs...  And for the love of God, Tulsa isn't making it over UNLV or CSU, are you insane?

New-Signature.jpg

7 hours ago, jdgaucho said:

Unlike little sister USD,  UC San Diego's student enrollment, financial endowment, academics and research rankings all meet the Pac 12's criteria and then some.  Since it is those egghead presidents and chancellors who vote (I mean Votr) on membership.

UCSD academics on a 1-10 scale = 10

UCSD athletics on a 1-10 scale = 0

Conclusion: When the P12 becomes a quiz show, UCSD will have a snowball's chance of admission but not until then.

But thanks for playing. And don't forget to ask Johnny Gilbert to hand you your consolation prize as you leave the studio.

42 minutes ago, 818SUDSFan said:

UCSD academics on a 1-10 scale = 10

UCSD athletics on a 1-10 scale = 0

Conclusion: When the P12 becomes a quiz show, UCSD will have a snowball's chance of admission but not until then.

But thanks for playing. And don't forget to ask Johnny Gilbert to hand you your consolation prize as you leave the studio.

They give those prizes out right away?  Okay then!

5 minutes ago, Ibanez said:

What are you laughing about @RSF? You saying I'm wrong? You have been here long enough, you should know differently.

Lol ... Don’t ever go to the OT Forum. You’d never survive. 

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

34 minutes ago, Ibanez said:

What are you laughing about @RSF? You saying I'm wrong? You have been here long enough, you should know differently.

If you're getting defensive over emojis, you might be taking this message board stuff way too seriously.

"Don't underestimate Joe Biden's ability to F@*k things up."

Barack Obama

I wonder if, 10 years ago, Boise thought their last MWC game would be a 14 point loss to SJSU in the 2020 MWC championship as they set off to share a western division of a conference with Tulsa, SMU, and Tulane? Something tells me that wasn’t a part of Kustra’s plan when Boise left the WAC for the MWC. 

sounds like the same ole, same ole...AAC wants to expand west with football only memberships for Boise, SDSU, and either BYU or AF should the former say 'no thanks'

Boise and SDSU want full membership, BYU isn't interested, and so we're back at square 1 with AF looking like the kid from the meme

will_poulter.jpg

mem skyline sig.jpeg