Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NorCalCoug

BSU & SDSU to the AAC???

22 minutes ago, Ibanez said:

OK.

:USFlag:

No one dislikes you. You seem like a good guy.

Anytime some random message board guy claims to have 'sources' he puts a target on his back. 

Generally speaking, the people who know, don't talk. The people who talk, don't know. 

"Don't underestimate Joe Biden's ability to F@*k things up."

Barack Obama

18 minutes ago, Aslowhiteguy said:

No one dislikes you. You seem like a good guy.

Anytime some random message board guy claims to have 'sources' he puts a target on his back. 

Generally speaking, the people who know, don't talk. The people who talk, don't know. 

He’s been right more often than not

Image result for jim mcmahon with lavell edwardsImage result for byu logoImage result for byu boise state end zone hail maryc07489bb8bb7f5bad3672877f8b04f34.jpg

13 hours ago, SalinasSpartan said:

I wonder if, 10 years ago, Boise thought their last MWC game would be a 14 point loss to SJSU in the 2020 MWC championship as they set off to share a western division of a conference with Tulsa, SMU, and Tulane? Something tells me that wasn’t a part of Kustra’s plan when Boise left the WAC for the MWC. 

Only thing missing would have been hiring Dan Hawkins as their coach.

On 1/17/2021 at 1:19 PM, Ibanez said:

I welcome the target on my back. I have no problem with it and I don't have a problem being ridiculed when I'm wrong. And I have been wrong plenty of times. 

I don't leak things for people like you who are gonna shit on what I say regardless without ever looking back on my previous leaks. You'll just shit on me as quickly as possible and then continue the assault. Whatever you wanna do. What's we makes you feel better.

I have my friends on here or at least people who appreciates me sharing what I know. I don't for them. I just get tired of reading dumb shit and internet tough guy shit when I'm trying to have a logical conversation on what could happen. 

You know nothing about me. I'm only on Northeast Oregon because of research on doing on moose and wolves who have both migrated back into the area a decade ago. I'd like to think I'm making this area of the country better. Next winter I'm going to the Idaho panhandle and the Washington /Canada border to help with reintroduction possibilities for the selkirk reindeer.. So no, I don't like having to spend a few minutes of my day dealing with a few internet wise guys when I'm trying to help humans fix their mistakes. None of you even like Boise State. I'm surprised your not begging for more info. (That I don't have.)

That sounds cool re: reindeer.

Sometimes I wish I majored in wildlife biology and was out doing conservation and research.

Image result for jim mcmahon with lavell edwardsImage result for byu logoImage result for byu boise state end zone hail maryc07489bb8bb7f5bad3672877f8b04f34.jpg

I welcome the target on my back. I have no problem with it and I don't have a problem being ridiculed when I'm wrong. And I have been wrong plenty of times. 

I don't leak things for people like you who are gonna shit on what I say regardless without ever looking back on my previous leaks. You'll just shit on me as quickly as possible and then continue the assault. Whatever you wanna do. What's we makes you feel better.

I have my friends on here or at least people who appreciates me sharing what I know. I don't for them. I just get tired of reading dumb shit and internet tough guy shit when I'm trying to have a logical conversation on what could happen. 

You know nothing about me. I'm only on Northeast Oregon because of research on doing on moose and wolves who have both migrated back into the area a decade ago. I'd like to think I'm making this area of the country better. Next winter I'm going to the Idaho panhandle and the Washington /Canada border to help with reintroduction possibilities for the selkirk reindeer.. So no, I don't like having to spend a few minutes of my day dealing with a few internet wise guys when I'm trying to help humans fix their mistakes. None of you even like Boise State. I'm surprised your not begging for more info. (That I don't have.)

If you want to know anything about the area, I've backpacked and hiked all around the selkirks.  I've explored most of the Lolo trail system.  

It's Idaho's only rainforest and a really, really special area.

I'm super jealous of what you are doing.  Sadly, the Mountain Caribou is officially extinct from the Selkirks as of last year.

4 minutes ago, Ibanez said:

Washington's Fish & Game has been much more helpful. One thing that frost no help is if a caribou is on a reservation then Fish & Game really has no control over what happens and the Kalispel Tribe kills the ones they find. The one that are left are in a breeding facility on British Columbia. I wouldn't recommend a reintroduction on the time frame they are coming up with just because the Kalispel won't cooperate and Idaho doesn't seem to care. We had recommended putting a small herd in Washington's Olympic Mountains, Isle Royale in Michigan, or Vancouver Island on the next 4-6 years but those ideas were dropped almost immediately. So I have no idea how it plays out but it doesn't look good. My boss hasn't gave up and Canada hasn't gave up. I'm convinced the species will survive but I think they are gonna from the States for good.

Is that like a tribal thing that they can hunt them as a culture thing even if they are endangered?

2 minutes ago, Ibanez said:

Washington's Fish & Game has been much more helpful. One thing that frost no help is if a caribou is on a reservation then Fish & Game really has no control over what happens and the Kalispel Tribe kills the ones they find. The one that are left are in a breeding facility on British Columbia. I wouldn't recommend a reintroduction on the time frame they are coming up with just because the Kalispel won't cooperate and Idaho doesn't seem to care. We had recommended putting a small herd in Washington's Olympic Mountains, Isle Royale in Michigan, or Vancouver Island on the next 4-6 years but those ideas were dropped almost immediately. So I have no idea how it plays out but it doesn't look good. My boss hasn't gave up and Canada hasn't gave up. I'm convinced the species will survive but I think they are gonna from the States for good.

It's really sad.  On a positive note, there are now permanent grizzly in the area from White Bird Hill, through Highway 12, and up in the 'Kirks and 'Roots.  Mountain lion populations are increasing at a healthy, stable rate as well.  Canadian Lynx doing better.  

Be prepared for some hard winters.  It's part of that same band of rainforest in Washington but is A LOT steeper.  Hardly a piece of flat ground anywhere. 

Do you know where you will be staying?  I know the owners of the Lochsa Lodge and they do year round housing for a reasonable price.

2 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Yep.

Well, then you look elsewhere imo because otherwise you're just doing a hunting program for indigenous people and the species doesn't return to it's native areas.

I still think that sounds like an interesting project. 

Just now, Jack Bauer said:

Well, then you look elsewhere imo because otherwise you're just doing a hunting program for indigenous people and the species doesn't return to it's native areas.

I still think that sounds like an interesting project. 

It is and I am super jelly.

12 minutes ago, Ibanez said:

I'm not sure how it works. I'm not the one to ask. We have green sturgeon up here and the Nez Perce have their own fish farm to help the state of Idaho with fish species that are endangered. They breed white ones as well. Even breed salmon and species not native to the area. But other indian reservations I've been on like the ones in North and South Dakota I've had guns pulld on me and told told to leave.

I know zero about the Kalispel people. Never even heard of them til 2018.

People have tribal rights and can do what they want with certain species of animals that are part of their historical and ancestral traditions, regardless of their status as an endangered or threatened species. 

When you mentioned that they kill the caribou, I wondered if it had to do with that, which it sounds like it does.

You would think they might have an interest in restoring a healthy herd to the area for the benefit of all.

37 minutes ago, Ibanez said:

I'm not sure how it works. I'm not the one to ask. We have green sturgeon up here and the Nez Perce have their own fish farm to help the state of Idaho with fish species that are endangered. They breed white ones as well. Even breed salmon and species not native to the area. But other indian reservations I've been on like the ones in North and South Dakota I've had guns pulld on me and told told to leave.

I know zero about the Kalispel people. Never even heard of them til 2018.

They can pretty much do what they want on the Rez and nearly anything they want in a traditional hunting/fishing ground.  The Nez Perce are super friendly and good stewards of the land though, they close their rivers to fishing most of the year, for example.  I always stop and have lunch when passing through.  There is a surprisingly good Pizza joint in Lapwai.

Sounds like interesting job, it seems like the interaction between the wild bison and wolves would also be viewed in your study.  At least I seem to recall there is a growing number of wild bison in that area of your study.

48 minutes ago, Ibanez said:

There are no wild bison in Oregon. There are some on Eagle Cap but they escapes from a rancher and there isn't a way to really get them out.

The only place in the US where bison and wolves co-exist is Yellowstone and Grand Teton. And last I have heard only one pack in the Lamar Valley are actually bison hunters. 

I guess was not very clear, what should have said bison that were running wild (use to be on a ranch, but got off and seemed to like their new found freedom).

Those are the one I was thinking about, from this story I read; https://www.heraldandnews.com/news/top_stories/oregon-a-home-where-the-buffalo-roam-again/article_57791e74-19e9-5360-ad02-1f3dfec01961.html

2 hours ago, Ibanez said:

Those are the ones I was talking about. They are in the Eagle Cap. Most of them have went back down to the ranch they were from. I believe the guys sister now owns them. There are still some up in the mountains. The last time I saw them was up by Mirror Lake. Pretty sure they have decided to just keep their numbers down. Right now I am studying the moose in Oregon. We have counted 44 individuals. Sounds like a small number but almost all of them are on and around Eagle Cap.

We have saw wolverines, new wolves to the area, and a new herd of Rocky Mountain Bighorn. Most of the sheep in Oregon are the California Bighorn and we're reintroduced. Last summer we even had a Grizzly come into the area but it went back into Idaho after a few days. They aren't supposed to be on Idaho either except the Yellowstone area and the northern panhandle. Of course that's a lie. They have been in the River of No Return for years. Most of them are on the Chamberlain Plateau. I don't know the area very well and the only way to really get there is by plane. Maybe @halfmanhalfbronco or someone who knows Idaho can give you more info. I don't know that area very well. Indo know there are a shit ton of wolves up there. I was up there for 10 days and I saw wolves more than any other animal besides elk.

A few things wrong here, and zero offense intended.  The Frank Church is NOT the prime griz habitat in the state at the moment.  There are a few up there that come through in the summer but zero residential and those few are basically folk lore.  Chamberlain basin is an area I have lead profesional backpacking trips through to do wolf watching.  I am as familiar with it as I am the back of my hand.  I was backpacking and river guide for several years in  the Wilderness of no return area, there was a long going joke on here for when I would finally get a real job.  I was once commissioned by UI to take samples of algae growth in high mountain lakes  near the shore line to underpin the impact of wolf predation on keeping ungulates from wallowing in shallows.  (study non conclusive).  

The Idaho griz go from White Bird to Lolo.

White bird is the furthest South an Griz has been confirmed and is on the North East of the Church.  I am positive that Griz get into the Church but it is absolutely not where the Idaho population lies.