Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NorCalCoug

BSU & SDSU to the AAC???

1 hour ago, jdgaucho said:

And there's no viable alternative - because UCSD took it away from SDSU

As somebody already pointed out, there's an odd number of Big West teams, so may have to do with competition level for the basketball program. 

1 hour ago, jdgaucho said:

And there's no viable alternative - because UCSD took it away from SDSU

Yep. Mighty UCSD. An athletics powerhouse if there ever was one.

Everything I've been reading tends to confirm exactly what I was told by a source within SDSU's athletics department when Jim Sterk and Steve Weber were still around: That the school had no intention of looking to leave the MWC until it's known how the B12's new TV deal and possible defections from that conference to other P5s shake out. So Boise may want to leave the MWC immediately but other than getting an offer it can't refuse from the AAC - and that would mean not just all sports but probably UNLV and CSU also coming along - SDSU won't be doing anything until at least 2025.

2 minutes ago, 818SUDSFan said:

Everything I've been reading tends to confirm exactly what I was told by a source within SDSU's athletics department when Jim Sterk and Steve Weber were still around: that the school had no intention of looking to leave the MWC until it's known how the B12's new TV deal and possible defections from that conference to other P5s shake out. So Boise may want to leave the MWC immediately but other than getting an offer it can't refuse from the AAC - and that would mean not just all sports but probably UNLV and CSU also coming along - SDSU won't be doing anything until at least 2025.

Boise isn’t getting an all sports invitation, football only. 

9 minutes ago, tailingpermit said:

Boise isn’t getting an all sports invitation, football only. 

Right. And that's another reason to think SDSU isn't going anywhere now.

I continue to think that if some REAL changes are made to the B12 such as KU going to the B1G and both Oklahoma schools going to the SEC that the leftovers will look to TV partners to create a nationwide best of the rest conference. The #1 admission criterion for the new members will therefore be TV income for the leftovers not named UT who aspire to mitigate their loss. SDSU may still not get in but what other G5 schools other than BYU and Boise State would bring more TV value than us?

18 hours ago, Koji Vu said:

@Ibanez
has better sources than some idiot AD from SDSU. :blink:

BSU doesn't make a move unless BYU invites them to tag along.   

"Don't underestimate Joe Biden's ability to F@*k things up."

Barack Obama

1 hour ago, VandalPride97 said:

I fondly remember the days when everyone was proud to be in this conference and now teams want to go play in the AAC of all places.

Y'all are trifling bitches.

What do you mean? Those budding rivalries with Tulsa, Temple, and Tulane are the life’s blood of college athletics.

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

40 minutes ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

What do you mean? Those budding rivalries with Tulsa, Temple, and Tulane are the life’s blood of college athletics.

Ugh :( 

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

1 hour ago, Koji Vu said:

As somebody already pointed out, there's an odd number of Big West teams, so may have to do with competition level for the basketball program. 

...Which was originally resolved by reducing the number of conference games to 14, as Steve Fisher requested. That option went away when SDSU chose to remain here.  While it was a good decision, it also enabled the Tritons to eventually take their place and lock them out.

1 hour ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

Do you MWCBoard?  It's Tusla

9 minutes ago, jdgaucho said:

Do you MWCBoard?  It's Tusla

Clearly, the college football land of milk and honey has been spotted. It is to be found in Tulsa, Oklahoma. Venture ye forth brave souls.

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

1 hour ago, 818SUDSFan said:

Everything I've been reading tends to confirm exactly what I was told by a source within SDSU's athletics department when Jim Sterk and Steve Weber were still around: That the school had no intention of looking to leave the MWC until it's known how the B12's new TV deal and possible defections from that conference to other P5s shake out. So Boise may want to leave the MWC immediately but other than getting an offer it can't refuse from the AAC - and that would mean not just all sports but probably UNLV and CSU also coming along - SDSU won't be doing anything until at least 2025.

If that mighty athletics powerhouse UCSD wasn't in the conference, Wicker would not have said "there are no viable options for us."  

In 2011 as SDSU made their first BE/BW push, Zeigler said the only way UCSD would join the Big West, was with SDSU's blessing.  UCSD was reportedly not discussed with the Aztecs but reading between the lines, Sterk wasn't thrilled with sharing a league with another institution from the same city.  

Unlike little sister USD,  UC San Diego's student enrollment, financial endowment, academics and research rankings all meet the Pac 12's criteria and then some.  Since it is those egghead presidents and chancellors who vote (I mean Votr) on membership.

1 minute ago, Ibanez said:

Tulsa will pay you to move there. Not even joking. They will pay you to move there, give you an apartment, and help you find a job.

I think it was $10,000 just for the move alone.

5 minutes ago, Ibanez said:

Still not contributing in any meaningful way.

Nor a constant stream of bullshit. 

Please provide a sample of something "meaningful" that you've posted. Don't bother with the second hand info provided by your budtender/ source.

"Don't underestimate Joe Biden's ability to F@*k things up."

Barack Obama

3 minutes ago, Ibanez said:

Tulsa will pay you to move there. Not even joking. They will pay you to move there, give you an apartment, and help you find a job.

Do I have to bring UNLV with me? Because no deal.

7 minutes ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

Clearly, the college football land of milk and honey has been spotted. It is to be found in Tulsa, Oklahoma. Venture ye forth brave souls.

But the moment you stumble across even a mention of a "Golden Hurricane,"  run.  Run and take shelter

19 minutes ago, Ibanez said:

Weren't you two both saying I was full of shit about more realignment? Then laughed at me when I said as soon as the AD and Coach was announced  realignment talk would come out? Pretty sure it was you two and that @renoskier douche. So I wasn't the one starting personal attacks. 

So when I say this realignment talk is far from over and possible movement is close, Is keep an open mind. JDW knows PR talk. He isn't gonna burn any bridges.

Not me..I like reading your stuff..I don't really have to take the word of some guy I don't know that it is all true..You have been inconsistant on a lot of your takes..

You are either gonna be right or wrong but at the end of the day it doesn't matter..