Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NorCalCoug

BSU & SDSU to the AAC???

Just now, Ibanez said:

Oh Hell, what is he supposed to say? And what have I said this whole time? "It's either all sports or nothing." His comments are shallow. He even admitted he has talks with people. If anything he admitted it was all true.

I'm sorry Boise State's dreams of moving to the AAC are over for now. Hopefully they can bring along Colorado State and Wyoming/AFA/USU.

4 minutes ago, Koji Vu said:

I'm sorry Boise State's dreams of moving to the AAC are over for now. Hopefully they can bring along Colorado State and Wyoming/AFA/USU.

What your AD really meant by that was SUDS moving to the AAC is a non-starter unless Boise tells them to move.

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

3 minutes ago, BSUTOP25 said:

What your AD really meant by that was SUDS moving to the AAC is a non-starter unless Boise tells them to move.

LOL, maybe if Boise State wants to go to the AAC so bad they can pay SDSU a couple million per year to go along with them.

3 minutes ago, BSUTOP25 said:

What your AD really meant by that was SUDS moving to the AAC is a non-starter unless Boise tells them to move. provides the trucks and drivers

FIFY

“Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts.”

-Richard Feynman

"When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators."

-P.J. O’Rourke

I come in peace.  Haha 

Anyway, this is kind of exciting for me.  I went to Memphis, I live in Las Vegas, my two sons went to Nevada, and my brother lives in San Diego (Solana Beach).  This has been going on for awhile so we'll see what happens.  For the record I would like it to be three of Boise, SDSU, Nevada/UNLV.  The general consensus is that Aresco wants BYU the most and I think Boise/SDSU is next.

Other teams being bandied around are Colorado State, Air Force, and Army

57 minutes ago, Koji Vu said:

I always laugh when I see "has engaged with".. so what? Some dufus like Harsin gets pissy about something and sends an email that says, 'hey boss, I want to take my ball and go somewhere else and play'. Next thing you know, fans have their bags packed and are on their way. Does it happen? no.

Did they engage? yeah.

When an official announcement is made, then I'll believe it. But not because Harsin threw a temper tantrum. Good riddance of that guy.

And btw, the Aztecs would be much better off with the Pac 12. It won't always be down like it is right now, and going to the AAC is just such a stupid idea. Maybe marginally better than a lateral move for football, and not worth it at all for the other sports.

18 minutes ago, 4UNLV said:

And btw, the Aztecs would be much better off with the Pac 12. It won't always be down like it is right now, and going to the AAC is just such a stupid idea. Maybe marginally better than a lateral move for football, and not worth it at all for the other sports.

Any G5 school would be better off in a P5 conference. That said, it seems to me that, once they rid themselves of Boise State, the MWC will be better off with all schools rowing in the same direction. 

3 hours ago, RebelRobert said:

Expansion should not be based on this years results or last years results or the last ten years results.  Expansion decisions should be based on what is best for the next 50 to 100 YEARS!  Not what looks good for the next two or three weeks?

UNLV and New Mexico are down, so what?  This is about the next 50 years!

Put the powerhouse schools together and watch them kick ass.  Some will win and some will lose.  Programs go through ups and downs unless you are one of the blue bloods which none of you lousy mother f'ers are!

You build the best conference you can.   It isn't about potential.  Its about proven commodities that belong together and make each other stronger.

UNLV, SDSU, BYU, Boise, Gonzaga, Colorado State and New Mexico.  DROP THE DEAD WEIGHT.

Houston, SMU, Cincy, Memphis DROP THE DEAD WEIGHT!

Better than PAC-12 and Big-12.  Smarten up.  LONG TERM.

You're calling UCF dead weight?

55 minutes ago, Memphis Yankee said:

I come in peace.  Haha 

Anyway, this is kind of exciting for me.  I went to Memphis, I live in Las Vegas, my two sons went to Nevada, and my brother lives in San Diego (Solana Beach).  This has been going on for awhile so we'll see what happens.  For the record I would like it to be three of Boise, SDSU, Nevada/UNLV.  The general consensus is that Aresco wants BYU the most and I think Boise/SDSU is next.

Other teams being bandied around are Colorado State, Air Force, and Army

Seems to me that best "travel partner" for Boise State would probably be Utah State, followed by Wyoming, and then Colorado State. Hopefully the AAC can make it happen.

12 minutes ago, Memphis Yankee said:

You're calling UCF dead weight?

Maybe not “dead” but a whole lot of weight.

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

3 minutes ago, Koji Vu said:

Seems to me that best "travel partner" for Boise State would probably be Utah State, followed by Wyoming, and then Colorado State. Hopefully the AAC can make it happen.

I've not heard any interest regarding Utah State or Wyoming.  BYU is who they really want.  Here's link with Commissioner Mike Aresco and BYU.  Pretty interesting.

22 minutes ago, Memphis Yankee said:

I've not heard any interest regarding Utah State or Wyoming.  BYU is who they really want.  Here's link with Commissioner Mike Aresco and BYU.  Pretty interesting.

Maybe ESPN can sweeten the pot to make it happen. Otherwise, isn't BYU's TV contract better than any G5 conference can match?

Just now, Koji Vu said:

Maybe ESPN can sweeten the pot to make it happen. Otherwise, isn't BYU's TV contract better than any G5 conference can match?

Somebody on our conference blog said with the right teams, it could be as much as 14mil.  I'll try and find the post to copy.  Being in Las Vegas it would be great for me to get to see Memphis out west where it would be easy for me to get to the game.  Football and basketball.

It always amuses me that Colorado St gets included in the expansion talk.  They literally haven't done squat conference wise since the conference last expanded in 2012 and 2013.  Here are the records of the teams and appearances in the championship games since 2012:

Football                             Basketball                    Totals

Appear   Titles                  Appear  Titles                A      T

SDSU               2        2                            7            1                  9       3

Boise St           5        3                            0             0                 5       3

Fresno St         4        2                            1             1                 5       3

New Mexico    0        0                            4             3                 4       3

Utah St            1        0                            2             2                 3       2

Wyoming        1        0                            1             1                 2       1 

San Jose St      1        1                            0             0                 1       1

Nevada            0        0                            1             1                 1       1

Air Force(F), Hawaii(F), UNLV(BB) and Colorado St(BB) all have 1 appearance and lost in the title game.

Ironically, only 2 schools have won a Football and Basketball title in that time frame, SDSU and Fresno St!

Obviously market size and facilities play a role but results also should too!  Just thought I'd present this, so have at it!  LOL

"Frankly my dear..I don't give a damn"!

1 minute ago, tailingpermit said:

Why?

UCF is the largest university in the country. 

if you are the largest in the country you would probably weigh a lot.