Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NorCalCoug

BSU & SDSU to the AAC???

19 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

If SDSU is in talks with the AAC is it ONLY because they want Boise and Boise wants to bring you along.  They have zero, ZERO interest in SDSU without Boise.

We are the catch, not you.  

Sounds like a hard pass if I'm SDSU.

8 minutes ago, Koji Vu said:

Sounds like a hard pass if I'm SDSU.

I guess SUDS could provide a little value to the AAC by throwing some P6 messaging on the tarps covering all those unused bleachers during football games.

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

1 minute ago, BSUTOP25 said:

I guess SUDS could provide a little value to the AAC by throwing some P6 messaging on the tarps covering all those unused bleachers during football games.

Whatever. I'm not sure SDSU wants to be Boise State's leverage bitch again. Perhaps Boise State should look to Colorado State and/or AFA instead?

53 minutes ago, #1Stunner said:

@RebelRobert is rough around the edges, and probably bad with money, but he's my third favorite UNLV fan.  He called Las Vegas / UNLV getting an NFL stadium over 10 years ago.  Guy is a legend.

Since the late 1990's I talked about how if UNLV didn't build their own on-campus stadium immediately that we would end up stuck in a Municipal Monstrosity Nightmare Stadium that was too big for our program and under NFL control.  UNLV should have built an on-campus stadium in 1998/99 when John Robinson was named Head Football coach.  The momentum was in our favor to make it happen and Dr. Carol Harter (President) told me that money was not the issue, she just didn't want to do it.  Instead, UNLV watched as peer schools such as Utah and Louisville invested in On-Campus Football facilities which would take their programs to levels never dreamed about.  Both Utah and Louisville were mediocre Football programs throughout the 1980's and 1990's and arguably no better than UNLV during that time span.  UNLV should have built an On-Campus Stadium in 1999/2000 and we would be PAC-12 today instead of stuck in empty Raiders Stadium playing schools nobody ever heard of in front of 10,000 people.  Raiders won't even put up the endzone seats for UNLV Football games and just leave a warehouse feel in the endzone area where seating is supposed to go.  Won't be long until they refuse to open the concession stands and dim the lighting so they don't have as high a bill during games.  UNLV went from owners of our own facility to stepkids in a Municipal Monstrosity Nightmare Stadium.  I said it all along but nobody wants to listen to RebelRobert.

The MWC was an eight team conference: UNLV, SDSU, BYU, Utah, New Mexico, Colorado State, Wyoming and Air Force.  We decided that expansion was in our best interests and I along with several other die hard fans made it clear that expansion should consist of HAWAII, Fresno, UNR and Boise to form a MWC-12.  Two divisions with West - UNLV, SDSU, Hawaii, Fresno, UNR and Boise and Mountain - Utah, BYU, Colorado State, New Mexico, Air Force and Wyoming.  This was in our best long term interests as a conference to build stability and destroy our competition the WAC so that the MWC-12 and PAC-12 would be the only major players in the WEST.  The incompetent leadership decided that they knew better and took terrible TCU instead which KILLED the MWC.  That decision that day killed the conference.  Instead of a strong 12 team MWC with stability we became a MWC-9 that was ripe for the picking.  As we all know the Big-12 and PAC-12 eventually made their choices and the instability led to the loss of BYU.  If the MWC would have chosen correctly in that expansion process we never would have lost BYU, we would have only had to backfill with one team to get back to MWC-12 and we would have invited Utah State or UTEP to replace our only lost team Utah.

Poor choices by incompetent leadership who do not strategically plan for the long term killed the MWC years ago.  What is left today is a hodge podge of schools that don't fit, don't trust each other and have zero rivalry because of the poor choices made on that first MWC expansion.

The correct move to be made today is to start a new conference NOW:

UNLV (Las Vegas)

SDSU (San Diego)

BYU (Salt Lake)

Boise

Colorado State

New Mexico (Albuquerque)

Houston

SMU (Dallas)

Memphis

Cincinnati

Gonzaga (All Sports but Football)

9 Conference Football Games

20 Conference Basketball Games

Football and Basketball Championships in Las Vegas at Allegiant Stadium and MGM Grand

This conference is better than the Big-12 and PAC-12.  TV (Netflix, Hulu, YoutubeTV, Amazon, ESPN, Fox) would be interested in this.

4 minutes ago, Koji Vu said:

Whatever. I'm not sure SDSU wants to be Boise State's leverage bitch again. Perhaps Boise State should look to Colorado State and/or AFA instead?

When Boise says “jump,” SUDS answers “HOW HIGH?” It’s just the way things are.

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

4 minutes ago, Ibanez said:

Colorado State is already coming with us if we go. So we're way ahead of you.

Maybe you can capture Colorado's market by bringing AFA or Utah State along? That would help eliminate two bad travel games for the conference. 

3 minutes ago, Ibanez said:

Nope. It's the Rams and Aztecs. It's always been them. And if Navy wants out then it will be someone else to replace them. Everyone thinks UNLV is a lock for the third or fourth spot. I don't understand why.

Well I'm glad road trips to Colorado State might be a thing of the past. Too far from the Denver Airport. In fact, Denver is too far from the Denver Airport.

2 minutes ago, RebelRobert said:

Pathetic how these lowlife MWC programs are begging AAC to take them.  Show some pride, we are the better conference.

Unbelievable what a whore will do for money.

Almost every single conference member back stabbed someone to get here.  Of course our schools are only looking out for themselves.   The difference is that we all know that now.  We are all only here until we get an even slightly better deal.

9 minutes ago, WAC_FAN said:

Almost every single conference member back stabbed someone to get here.  Of course our schools are only looking out for themselves.   The difference is that we all know that now.  We are all only here until we get an even slightly better deal.

At least you admit what you are.  I can have some respect for that.  Some.

I have no problem with looking out for best long term options.  But the whoring going on right now is pathetic.

We are and always have been the better option.  MWC I am talking about.

Most of the rat skunks here now, will end up where they belong and I cant wait.

1 hour ago, Ibanez said:

Colorado State is already coming with us if we go. So we're way ahead of you.

Well yeah, all 500,000,000 of their fans.

7 minutes ago, WAC_FAN said:

Yes every school will try to find the best conference. The AAC would be a ridiculous move, and if anyone goes to the AAC they deserve what happens to them, lol. Big 12, Pac 12 I could see. But I will laugh so hard if this happens.

2 hours ago, #1Stunner said:

Your Daughter sounds amazing!

You are a lucky woman to have such an amazing, probably highly intelligent daughter!!

We are are proud to include 4UNLV Jr. in our BYU ranks!

More and more BYU fans keep emerging.  This is great.

Nah, I'm sorry Stunner, she's a reb fan through and through. I taught her how to 'yank chains' so I just put her in her place that day. :D

And I now have her kids brainwashed. My grandkids love the 'rebel song', even my 8 mo old grandson squeals and claps when his 3 year old sister sings it to him. My granddaughter is missing the rebel house this year, for sure.

16 hours ago, Headbutt said:

The path to success isn't moving in to your neighbors house.  It lies in fixing your own damn roof and pulling the weeds. 

The MWC has a ton of potential.  To date we're happy getting led around by the nose.  Good FB, good BB, good VB, some great track and field and cross-country.  Tons of very stellar academics.

I have to disagree.

The MWC HAD a ton of potential circa 2009 with its football Big Three of Utah, YBU and TCU and its improving basketball footprint with the two Utah schools, both of which went to the NCAAs that year, and SDSU, UNM and UNLV, all of which went to the NIT with SDSU getting to the semifinals of that tournament.

Now? Now the football Big Three are all long gone with only Boise State among backfills to be of close to equal quality (but inferior to what Utah and TCU then were) and UNM and UNLV basketball have fallen off albeit UNR and USU have been quality replacements.

Adding SJSU in 2002 was a horrific decision and remains the cherry on top of the shit pile which has been Craig Thompson's legacy since the only two smart decisions he actually ever made: adding TCU and creating The Mtn. as the very first conference network. Both decisions were made in 2006 and the fact that guy is still commissioner remains a blight on the landscape.

15 hours ago, Ibanez said:

I said expansion talk would leak as soon as our coach was announced.

Pack your bags SDSU and Colorado State.

I still don't think it will happen. I'm just amazed they sat on this story for so long.

The stupidity of Joe Average Boise Fan is that your alleged peers here not only didn't believe you, they've ridiculed you for months. I always wonder which of them wear those way cool Elvis suits to the games so they can get their 15 minutes of TV fame a couple times a year,

3 hours ago, #1Stunner said:

@RebelRobert is rough around the edges, and probably bad with money, but he's my third favorite UNLV fan.  He called Las Vegas / UNLV getting an NFL stadium over 10 years ago.  Guy is a legend.

Only Rebels fans ahead of him in the rankings are:

1.  @Rebels18. Financial genius.  Singlehandedly got Dave Rice fired (he's the most powerful, influential UNLV fan I've ever encountered)

2.  @Yellow Evan. Guy is amazing UNLV fan.  A true Rebel.

I'll be selling some of my Tesla shares and bitcoin to buy UNLV's access to the Pac-12.

So long, peasants!

Rebel18_zps27699187.gif

Guest #1Stunner
1 hour ago, Rebels18 said:

I'll be selling some of my Tesla shares and bitcoin to buy UNLV's access to the Pac-12.

So long, peasants!

Wish I had asked you for financial advice 5 years ago!!!