Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NorCalCoug

BSU & SDSU to the AAC???

On 1/14/2021 at 1:19 AM, SDSUfan said:

Play  Home and home in your division -6 games

rotate division play annually- 4 games 2 home 2 away

semi final  1 game

conference championship 1 game

12 games- minimal travel, national interest

Basketball - Add Gonzaga  in the west and three other GOOD regionally aligned basketball only schools + Wichita st

Sounds like an NFL type schedule. Hard pass.

If SDSU is actually in talks with the AAC (I don't think they are), then they need to make a deal that makes sense without Boise State coming along.

It seems to me any deal doesn't make financial sense unless ESPN is willing to redo the AAC's ridiculously long TV contract. They'd have to move for other reasons.

Breaking: AAC extends invite to the University of Wyoming for all athletics with the exception of the B12 affiliated wrestling program.  AAC commissioner indicated they did not realize Wyoming was responsible for inventing the jump shot and is what prompted the invite. Also indicated it was a natural fit with ease of travel a benefit, will provide some much needed toughness and ruggedness to a conference nationally perceived as lacking grit, and should provide a geographical bridge to audiences through the Rocky Mountain region of Montana and British Colombia. Sources say deal could be complete as early as February 2021. 

Small Hetfield_Cowboys.jpg

2 hours ago, Koji Vu said:

If SDSU is actually in talks with the AAC (I don't think they are), then they need to make a deal that makes sense without Boise State coming along.

HAHAHAHAHA!! Thanks for the laugh kid, I needed that this morning! 

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

11 minutes ago, Triple-WY said:

Breaking: AAC extends invite to the University of Wyoming for all athletics with the exception of the B12 affiliated wrestling program.  AAC commissioner indicated they did not realize Wyoming was responsible for inventing the jump shot and is what prompted the invite. Also indicated it was a natural fit with ease of travel a benefit, will provide some much needed toughness and ruggedness to a conference nationally perceived as lacking grit, and should provide a geographical bridge to audiences through the Rocky Mountain region of Montana and British Colombia. Sources say deal could be complete as early as February 2021. 

You forgot to mention how much AAC folk love food. And we all know what Wyoming brings to the table with their six star restaurants. 

Guest #1Stunner

To the AAC as football only:

SDSU

Boise

New Basketball non-football / Sports league out west:

1.  Boise

2.  SDSU

3.  Gonzaga

4.  BYU

5.  Hawaii

6.  Denver

7.  Saint Mary's

8. The Dons

EDIT.

I fixed the list.  I want USF in instead of Grand Canyon.  @Joe from WY

3 hours ago, Ibanez said:

Talk on the AAC board is saying $14 million for the same length. I don't believe that. Last summer ESPN had an offer just over $10 million to the AAC to expand with Boise State. No way it went up that much with two other schools.

Seems to be all smoke, no fire. If that offer were the case, wouldn't Boise State have jumped at it?

Guest #1Stunner
15 minutes ago, OrediggerPoke said:

Well no.  But what's the saying, even a blind squirrel is bound to find a nut eventually.

@RebelRobert is rough around the edges, and probably bad with money, but he's my third favorite UNLV fan.  He called Las Vegas / UNLV getting an NFL stadium over 10 years ago.  Guy is a legend.

Only Rebels fans ahead of him in the rankings are:

1.  @Rebels18. Financial genius.  Singlehandedly got Dave Rice fired (he's the most powerful, influential UNLV fan I've ever encountered)

2.  @Yellow Evan. Guy is amazing UNLV fan.  A true Rebel.

27 minutes ago, #1Stunner said:

@RebelRobert is rough around the edges, and probably bad with money, but he's my third favorite UNLV fan.  He called Las Vegas / UNLV getting an NFL stadium over 10 years ago.  Guy is a legend.

Only Rebels fans ahead of him in the rankings are:

1.  @Rebels18. Financial genius.  Singlehandedly got Dave Rice fired (he's the most powerful, influential UNLV fan I've ever encountered)

2.  @Yellow Evan. Guy is amazing UNLV fan.  A true Rebel.

How can this list exclude one of the most deadly and skilled on the board, our dangerous mantis @4UNLV?!?!?!

6DfMbgv.gif?noredirect

tenor.gif?itemid=5323127

Guest #1Stunner
6 minutes ago, BSUTOP25 said:

How can this list exclude one of the most deadly and skilled on the board, our dangerous mantis @4UNLV?!?!?!

6DfMbgv.gif?noredirect

@4UNLV is a closet BYU fan.

I need to get her a BYU shirt.

3 minutes ago, #1Stunner said:

If Stunner suddenly vanishes, this post will provide some evidence for the authorities. 

6 hours ago, Koji Vu said:

It seems to me any deal doesn't make financial sense unless ESPN is willing to redo the AAC's ridiculously long TV contract. They'd have to move for other reasons.

If SDSU is in talks with the AAC is it ONLY because they want Boise and Boise wants to bring you along.  They have zero, ZERO interest in SDSU without Boise.

We are the catch, not you.  

13 minutes ago, #1Stunner said:

funny thing, no lie. When my daughter graduated high school she went to SUU for one year. One of her friends went to BYU and got her a Jimmer shirt. She was coming down for the MW tournament and said she was going to wear it and walk through the concourse yelling "thirty-two, BYU!" I told her 'not with me, you're not'. And since I was the one who bought her ticket...

That girl always did like to 'yank my chain'.

Guest #1Stunner
4 minutes ago, 4UNLV said:

funny thing, no lie. When my daughter graduated high school she went to SUU for one year. One of her friends went to BYU and got her a Jimmer shirt. She was coming down for the MW tournament and said she was going to wear it and walk through the concourse yelling "thirty-two, BYU!" I told her 'not with me, you're not'. And since I was the one who bought her ticket...

That girl always did like to 'yank my chain'.

Your Daughter sounds amazing!

You are a lucky woman to have such an amazing, probably highly intelligent daughter!!

We are are proud to include 4UNLV Jr. in our BYU ranks!

More and more BYU fans keep emerging.  This is great.