Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Maji

Biden Policy Agenda Thread

6 hours ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

I think with UBI you would see a change in how associations within a household are formed.  @grandjean87 and I have talked about this before.  

This is a good listen

The postulations on how a UBI would possibly affect household formations are worthy of a separate thread. Trying not to MWCboard, too much.  My hope for ground level social capital formation is definitely a big part of my tentative support for a UBI.  

18 minutes ago, grandjean87 said:

The postulations on how a UBI would possibly affect household formations are worthy of a separate thread. Trying not to MWCboard, too much.  My hope for ground level social capital formation is definitely a big part of my tentative support for a UBI.  

Do it my friend.

MWCboard.

8 hours ago, bsu_alum9 said:

Yeah I probably agree. It’s possible to live on minimum wage (in Hattiesburg, MS). Not possible in other parts of the country. Going from $7.25 to $15 would collapse a lot of these rural small-town economies IMO. EITC would balance out that costs with high-income states shouldering the burden, and makes it more palatable to conservative politicians.

Maybe if it happened overnight but probably not if it happens over 5 or 6 years.

1 hour ago, renoskier said:

are their folks who try :shrug:

There are those to whom the foster children are just checks.

(But no, no one is "making bank").

On 1/13/2021 at 6:58 PM, SalinasSpartan said:

Considering the trend in birth rates, that’s probably a good thing. We don’t want end up in a situation like Japan. 

I'm not sure I'd consider a bump in population by those who are doing it for $300/month a good thing. 

6 minutes ago, Slapdad said:

I'm not sure I'd consider a bump in population by those who are doing it for $300/month a good thing. 

Because people having kids because they feel it’s a little more affordable are exactly the same as people having kids just for $300 a month. What a bullshit talking point.