modestobulldog

Project Veritas whopper, PBS atty fired 2.5 hours after publication

12 hours ago, modestobulldog said:

Calls for taking kids from Trump supporters, sending to reeducation camps, throwing molotov cocktails at Whitehouse if Trump wins the election.

Question for today: Who's the most batshit crazy, Mike Beller or Jimmy O'Keefe?

1 minute ago, 818SUDSFan said:

Question of the day: Who is the most batshit crazy, Michael Beller or James O'Keefe?

It doesn't matter, "Batshit Crazy" is an opinion based on someone's frame of reference.

Just now, modestobulldog said:

It doesn't matter, "Batshit Crazy" is an opinion based on someone's frame of reference.

With due respect, you need to get a clue. James O'Keefe has absolutely zero cred on this board so putting his nonsense up here certainly doesn't help yours.

31 minutes ago, 818SUDSFan said:

With due respect, you need to get a clue. James O'Keefe has absolutely zero cred on this board so putting his nonsense up here certainly doesn't help yours.

I get it, he isn't on your team, so you hate him.

In all seriousness, this cancel culture and ever increasing escalation is not good and will not end in a happy place.  Upon thinking about this incident, I don't think the guy should not have lost his job.  He should have been admonished, required to redo all his sensitivity training, possibly even given a few days off.

Good jokes told in the office at the beginning of my career 36 years ago would not be tolerated now. In fact, probably been a few years before I retired since I last heard a joke shared in the office of any kind.

Not My PBS!!!

Yes O'Keefe is a bad actor, and...

15 minutes ago, modestobulldog said:

I get it, he isn't on your team, so you hate him.

In all seriousness, this cancel culture and ever increasing escalation is not good and will not end in a happy place.  Upon thinking about this incident, I don't think the guy should not have lost his job.  He should have been admonished, required to redo all his sensitivity training, possibly even given a few days off.

Good jokes told in the office at the beginning of my career 36 years ago would not be tolerated now. In fact, probably been a few years before I retired since I last heard a joke shared in the office of any kind.

Agree with this mostly. I think the move towards being more sensitive to others is a very positive thing, we should also be careful not to swing that pendulum too far and I am also not a fan of the cancel culture. I don't think that delivers the right message. I am for trying to educate people before firing them. People do need a chance to gain knowledge that will hopefully change their perspective. But if they are so dug in on backwards and dangerous beliefs, there isn't much that can be done to help them.