Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

crixus

Spartans Finish In The Top 25

San Jose State is #20 in the final USA Today poll and #24 in the Associated Press poll.  

https://247sports.com/League/NCAA-FB/USA_Today_Rankings/?Year=2019&Week=1

Honestly, just shows these persons with votes didn’t actually watch the bowl games from the ‘lower’ conferences.  Stupid that SJSU is ranked well ahead of receiving votes Ball State in the USA Today Poll.  Because of the lack of OOC games, there is no viable way to actually conclude that SJSU should be ranked ahead of Ball State.  

Congrats on the ranking but it is inaccurate in my opinion.  

40 minutes ago, OrediggerPoke said:

Honestly, just shows these persons with votes didn’t actually watch the bowl games from the ‘lower’ conferences.  Stupid that SJSU is ranked well ahead of receiving votes Ball State in the USA Today Poll.  Because of the lack of OOC games, there is no viable way to actually conclude that SJSU should be ranked ahead of Ball State.  

Lack of OOC games also means less power 5 teams ranked. They count on having a good record vs them to pad their records. Granted a large part is because they are actually the better team but playing almost all the games vs little 5 teams at home makes a huge difference also. 

Waiting for our overnight delivery invitation to join the PAC 13, SEC, SEC Mnt division, or B1G XIII.

cool james bond GIF

3 hours ago, OrediggerPoke said:

No. It shows that voters realize not to weight one game so heavily when a team is missing a massive amount of their key players. Good on them

8 hours ago, crixus said:

San Jose State is #20 in the final USA Today poll and #24 in the Associated Press poll.  

https://247sports.com/League/NCAA-FB/USA_Today_Rankings/?Year=2019&Week=1

Where did ya'll finish in 2012? That was a good SJSU team as well. 

There are only two things I can't stand in this world: people who are intolerant of other people's cultures and the Dutch. 

2 minutes ago, madmartigan said:

Where did ya'll finish in 2012? That was a good SJSU team as well. 

21 I believe.

Planning is an exercise of power, and in a modern state much real power is suffused with boredom. The agents of planning are usually boring; the planning process is boring; the implementation of plans is always boring. In a democracy boredom works for bureaucracies and corporations as smell works for skunk. It keeps danger away. Power does not have to be exercised behind the scenes. It can be open. The audience is asleep. The modern world is forged amidst our inattention.

Ball State looked healthy in the bowl game. And they played well.

But when they went down the list of Spartan coaches and players missing before that game, I had a bad feeling.

5 hours ago, kingpotato said:

No. It shows that voters realize not to weight one game so heavily when a team is missing a massive amount of their key players. Good on them

Every team had issues missing multiple players and coaches through various parts of the season.  As I stated in my post and because there is no way to evaluate MWC vs. MAC teams this year other than the Ball State game, there is absolutely no logic other than a gut feeling and a wish that results weren’t what they were to rank SJSU ahead.  Sorry to dispel the truth.  Hopefully we will see a strong MWC next year.  

38 minutes ago, OrediggerPoke said:

Every team had issues missing multiple players and coaches through various parts of the season.  As I stated in my post and because there is no way to evaluate MWC vs. MAC teams this year other than the Ball State game, there is absolutely no logic other than a gut feeling and a wish that results weren’t what they were to rank SJSU ahead.  Sorry to dispel the truth.  Hopefully we will see a strong MWC next year.  

You're really gonna try and fling that at a Boise fan after the season they just had? 

8 G5 teams in top 25

Cincinnati at 8th, BYU at 11, Coastal Carolina at 14. Much better than the G5 does traditionally for the top 15.  

The MAC and the SB were the only G5 to have 2 teams in the top 25. The MAC is especially questionable.

Congrats to SAN. Without you we would have no one in the rankings.

3 minutes ago, SJSUMFA2013 said:

That bowl game was meaningless. This conference should get ready to get wrecked every year for the foreseeable future. They’ll rename this mother+++++er the Spartan west before were through. 

Love the enthusiasm! 

bring it on cheering GIF

Keep it up Spartans!

5 hours ago, OrediggerPoke said:

I don’t care whether it’s a Boise fan, a San Jose state fan, an Akron zips fan or a Northwest Missouri state tigers fan.  It’s the truth.  

#1, To pretend that this is is similar to any other year is ignorant. #2, they have always taken injuries into account. When the playoff committee came out with thier initial ratings this year and BYU was way lower than where most thought they would be, they specifically mentioned that thier only good win was against a Boise team that was missing a lot of players. When Cincinnati had the #1 ranked basketball team in the country, the national POTY Kenyon Martin injured himself in thier conference tournament, they went from the #1 team to not even being a #1 seed, because of the fact that he wasn't going to play in the tournament. 

So, no, it's not "the truth". They have ALWAYS taken that into account... for good reason