Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BobbyBoSox

BSU BB has finally got a team that scares!

15 minutes ago, bsu_alum9 said:

Akot apparently has an achilles injury.  He was relatively active on the sideline so don't think it is too bad.  Six pack and a pound and he'll be good to go.

Doutrive made SC from the game last night.

Boise basketball has been a regular on Sportscenters top 10 plays this year

33 minutes ago, bsu_alum9 said:

I disagree with that take.  He would start over Akot/Shaver.  In his prime he was better than how Alston is playing this year.

I missed your last sentance. I just wanna ask, you'd really start him over a probable NBA draft pick?

2 minutes ago, kingpotato said:

I missed your last sentance. I just wanna ask, you'd really start him over a probable NBA draft pick?

If Alston is just going to be a set shooter in the corner that gets beat on defense by guys like Maldonado, yeah. Alston is NBA good at times - but hasn't played with 30 minutes of effort all season.  If he played with the effort Kigab did last night on a regular basis - then sure you would start Alston. 

Definitely would start a confident Drmic over Akot this year though. Akot has more potential but lacks confidence and an outside shot.

18 minutes ago, BodyBagGame said:

You can't beat a team when shots like that are falling.

Kajib or whatever his name is could have made Sportcenter with some of those blocks too.

Our 6'5" guards need to rethink going up strong under the basket before Wednesday. Just kick it out and reset.

I had posted in a Wyoming game earlier in the season how small the pokes were. Someone immediately responded with hieghts of the players. But I meant, their bigs play like smalls and all of their 6'5" guys have no length, athleticism, or weight to them. Maldenado is an athlete and All MW player, Williams is going to be good in this league for a while, the rest are some nice/decent young role players. 

The future looks bright, though. They are a couple of pieces away from being really good. Linder is gunna have that team rolling quickly

10 minutes ago, bsu_alum9 said:

If Alston is just going to be a set shooter in the corner that gets beat on defense by guys like Maldonado, yeah. Alston is NBA good at times - but hasn't played with 30 minutes of effort all season.  If he played with the effort Kigab did last night on a regular basis - then sure you would start Alston. 

Definitely would start a confident Drmic over Akot this year though. Akot has more potential but lacks confidence and an outside shot.

We'll just agree that you're wrong on the Akot thing. And Alston has been a mainstay on SC top-10 because of his ability to dunk over people... not his jumpshot from the corner.

The thing you may have forgotten about Drmic is he wasn't a pure shooter. He was an incredibly streaky shooter his entire career. He was just as likely to go 1-9 from 3 as he was 6-7 from 3. And the knock on him was that he almost never showed up against the top teams. If there was an athletic guy on him, consider him shut down for that game

15 minutes ago, BodyBagGame said:

Pokes probably spent a lot of practice time trying to make sure Alston didn't beat them. Unfortunately, it worked.

That would be a bad strategy. Boise has way too many weapons offensively to focus on one guy

Just looked at BSU's scoring stats. What the hell are you doing as a MWC coach against this?

Alston 16.7 ppg

Kigab 13.6 ppg

Shaver 13.2 ppg

Dennis 11.4 ppg

Doutrive 11.0 ppg

Rice 9.7 ppg

Akot 9.0 ppg

Even Armus is rapidly getting more confident and starting to score around double figures. That is some crazy balance with a shet ton of guys who can score a lot of points. BSU has got to be a game planning nightmare of epic proportions for opponents this year.

1 hour ago, KingBronco said:

Just looked at BSU's scoring stats. What the hell are you doing as a MWC coach against this?

Alston 16.7 ppg

Kigab 13.6 ppg

Shaver 13.2 ppg

Dennis 11.4 ppg

Doutrive 11.0 ppg

Rice 9.7 ppg

Akot 9.0 ppg

Even Armus is rapidly getting more confident and starting to score around double figures. That is some crazy balance with a shet ton of guys who can score a lot of points. BSU has got to be a game planning nightmare of epic proportions for opponents this year.

Yeah, I think you can put Moose in there. He was shooting 36% in the first 10 games after shooting around 60% for his career. His numbers are going to go up as he gets closer to that %.

6 minutes ago, soupslam1 said:

Our teams in the past have usually had a couple of good players and a bunch of role players. This team is loaded with good players eight deep. The JC All American xfer rarely sees the floor. 

Milner and Naje would have been key players on most of Boise's teams... and they rarely see the floor on this one. Normanally Rice would be a very good option off of the bench (or starter), but he's the 3rd guy off of the bench

21 minutes ago, kingpotato said:

Yeah, I think you can put Moose in there. He was shooting 36% in the first 10 games after shooting around 60% for his career. His numbers are going to go up as he gets closer to that %.

Here's one thing I don't understand with Armus. I swear he shoots FT's right handed, but it seems like he shoots with his left hand 90% of the time from the floor. Anyone else noticing this, or am I on crack or something? I was going to look at a previous game to make sure he is really shooting FT's right handed but I'm too lazy to do it right now.

18 minutes ago, KingBronco said:

Here's one thing I don't understand with Armus. I swear he shoots FT's right handed, but it seems like he shoots with his left hand 90% of the time from the floor. Anyone else noticing this, or am I on crack or something? I was going to look at a previous game to make sure he is really shooting FT's right handed but I'm too lazy to do it right now.

Guys who play with their back to the basket often go up with the hand that allows their body to shield the defender from thier shooting hand. That just happens to be his left half of the time. He goes up with his right just as much as his left

5 minutes ago, kingpotato said:

Guys who play with their back to the basket often go up with the hand that allows their body to shield the defender from thier shooting hand. That just happens to be his left half of the time. He goes up with his right just as much as his left

This guy really knows his stuff. He must be the smartest guy on this site

It ain’t a donk team without a Dunkin’ Donuts player. As much as I hate the donks, I loved me some Donuts...

Mike Bronson, on 27 Sept 2013 - 8:45 PM, said:

Don't be mad because the refs are going to need Tommy John surgeries after this poorly played game.

mugtang, on 27 Sept 2013 - 8:49 PM, said:

Your mom is going to need Tommy John surgery after jerking me off all night.

Cartoon-21-Final.jpg

10 hours ago, Dogs4Me said:

It ain’t a donk team without a Dunkin’ Donuts player. As much as I hate the donks, I loved me some Donuts...

C00yyohW8AAo5d5.0.jpeg

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

On 1/12/2021 at 1:47 PM, bsu_alum9 said:

I disagree with that take.  He would start over Akot/Shaver.  In his prime he was better than how Alston is playing this year.

No chance. Drmic would be making sure this team’s Gatorade cups were full. 

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg