Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

WYO1016

Biden Administration Inaguration Thread

25 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

In favor of what?  IIRC you were a proponent of CDM, right?

I’m in perpetual flux. EC via CD maybe as a bridge. I’d probably, eventually choose a majoritarian popular vote. SVT or another ranked vote structure.  I’m open.

We do need to have an electoral system that limits wasted votes, inhibits the paradox of voting, and distills voter confidence.  

I still go back to my redneck Democrat sister.  Retired critical care VA nurse who spent decades taking care of highly involved (sick) patients, and is back part-timing giving Covid-19 vaccinations — her first vote was 1972.  None of her presidential votes ever counted in Idaho.  None.  She was a single mom of three including a handicapped child for many years, and my handicapped nephew at age 47 still lives at home requiring daily care.  None of her votes for president have ever mattered under the EC.  No voters in some other locale mirrored her interests. Yeh,  change is needed. 

2 minutes ago, grandjean87 said:

I’m in perpetual flux. EC via CD maybe as a bridge. I’d probably, eventually choose a majoritarian popular vote. SVT or another ranked vote structure.  I’m open.

We do need to have an electoral system that limits wasted votes, inhibits the paradox of voting, and distills voter confidence.  

I still go back to my redneck Democrat sister.  Retired critical care VA nurse who spent decades taking care of highly involved (sick) patients, and is back part-timing giving Covid-19 vaccinations — her first vote was 1972.  None of her presidential votes ever counted in Idaho.  None.  She was a single mom of three including a handicapped child for many years, and my handicapped nephew at age 47 still lives at home requiring daily care.  None of votes for president have ever mattered under the EC.  Yeh,  change is needed. 

Redneck Democrat sister sounds like a name for great song.

21 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Redneck Democrat sister sounds like a name for great song.

It’s kind of funny given the stereotypes today, but my sister was born in 1951.  Married and a mom at 17 in 1968.  She has had a long, hard struggle.  Partly conservative social views, but also a medical worker w/intelligence and career accolades who understands the world from a woman’s perspective and unique in her four-plus decade care of her handicapped son.  Started as a D. Still a stubborn D. 

12 hours ago, grandjean87 said:

It’s kind of funny given the stereotypes today, but my sister was born in 1951.  Married and a mom at 17 in 1968.  She has had a long, hard struggle.  Partly conservative social views, but also a medical worker w/intelligence and career accolades who understands the world from a woman’s perspective and unique in her four-plus decade care of her handicapped son.  Started as a D. Still a stubborn D. 

Interesting, I’ve been called a stubborn D as well. I don’t think they meant Democrat though. 

President-Elect Biden attending mass, which is odd because all I hear from republicans is that he worships Satan and eats babies

https://www.npr.org/sections/inauguration-day-live-updates/2021/01/20/958731022/biden-attends-mass-before-his-swearing-in-as-nations-2nd-roman-catholic-presiden

5809184128_5cf90ed7dc_b.jpg

2 minutes ago, WYO1016 said:

President-Elect Biden attending mass, which is odd because all I hear from republicans is that he worships Satan and eats babies

https://www.npr.org/sections/inauguration-day-live-updates/2021/01/20/958731022/biden-attends-mass-before-his-swearing-in-as-nations-2nd-roman-catholic-presiden

Anybody got a pic of how he's holding his Bible?

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

Very happy to see the departure of the Mango Mussolini. Above all, I really hope we can put our differences aside and try to work together to fix the many problems we have in this country. I think everyone is breathing a sigh of relief, we won't have a President regularly tweeting insults and starting fights. Biden isn't my top choice, but he's way better than Trump. 

There are only two things I can't stand in this world: people who are intolerant of other people's cultures and the Dutch. 

2 minutes ago, madmartigan said:

Very happy to see the departure of the Mango Mussolini. Above all, I really hope we can put our differences aside and try to work together to fix the many problems we have in this country. I think everyone is breathing a sigh of relief, we won't have a President regularly tweeting insults and starting fights. Biden isn't my top choice, but he's way better than Trump. 

The child has left the White House and the adults are running the show again

5809184128_5cf90ed7dc_b.jpg