Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sebasour

Impeachment Round 2 Megathread

3 hours ago, soupslam1 said:

If they spent as much time trying to get Covid vaccines to us rather than getting their last pound of flesh, it would do a helluva lot more good. The impeachment won’t end before Biden takes office. 

Not a great start to “uniting” the country. 

I think the division of one major party and guys who storm the capitol with "camp auschwitz" sweatshirts, planning to kill the vice president, would be great

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

1 minute ago, happycamper said:

I think the division of one major party and guys who storm the capitol with "camp auschwitz" sweatshirts, planning to kill the vice president, would be great

We can focus on healing the country after we get rid of those +++++wads.  

3 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

We can focus on healing the country after we get rid of those +++++wads.  

We need to treat them the way Sherman treated the traitors during his march from Atlanta to the sea.  Not coddle them like Andrew Johnson.

Posted Image

31 minutes ago, SharkTanked said:

They should ignore an insurrection?

They should continue to arrest the culprits. 1/2 the country doesn’t care. 40% of the rest know he is gone in a week. A good portion of this country right or wrong think the Democrats are nuts for proceeding with impeachment. Maybe it’s the right thing to do perhaps. But it certainly isn’t de escalating things. 

Legally all you have is repeated statements from Trump that he didn’t and doesn’t support violence. He told them to march on the capital but did he imply violence. He said he didn’t and responded pretty quickly asking the protesters to Disperse. The Democrats say yes he did. 

Telling Pence to throw out the electoral college vote. Maybe something there I don’t know. 

At this point Trump has created a lot of his own problems so the impeachment doesn’t bother me now. He won’t be convicted and I doubt it saves the house for the Democrats in 2022. The Dems have nothing left to Gerrymander. See my article posted a month ago. Census is most likely to produce 5 to 10 Republican seats plus the historically off year election of a new President.

The Masters 5k road race All American.

1 minute ago, robe said:

They should continue to arrest the culprits. 1/2 the country doesn’t care. 40% of the rest know he is gone in a week. A good portion of this country right or wrong think the Democrats are nuts for proceeding with impeachment. Maybe it’s the right thing to do perhaps. But it certainly isn’t de escalating things. 

Legally all you have is repeated statements from Trump that he didn’t and doesn’t support violence. He told them to march on the capital but did he imply violence. He said he didn’t and responded pretty quickly asking the protesters to Disperse. The Democrats say yes he did. 

Telling Pence to throw out the electoral college vote. Maybe something there I don’t know. 

At this point Trump has created a lot of his own problems so the impeachment doesn’t bother me now. He won’t be convicted and I doubt it saves the house for the Democrats in 2022. The Dems have nothing left to Gerrymander. See my article posted a month ago. Census is most likely to produce 5 to 10 Republican seats plus the historically off year election of a new President.

"half of Americans have no interest in how their country is run" is not a winning argument to make light of sedition.

3 minutes ago, robe said:

what are you talking about

the executive branch just tried to murder the entire legislative branch to maintain power in a lost election

if we don't impeach trump, this is going to be what presidents do. 

furthermore, nothing left to gerrymander? my dude, the democrats got 3 million more house votes than republicans did. that was before, uh, the far right of the house and senate conspired with a mob to murder people. that's going to be a bloody shirt that democrats will wave the shit out of in 2022. 

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

3 minutes ago, robe said:

He responded "pretty quickly" in your mind? You're an even bigger idiot than I originally thought. Hell, he barely even acted. He refused to send in the National Guard, Pence reportedly had to do that for him. He put out a video that his supporters may or may not have seen, you know since THEY WERE OCCUPYING THE +++++ING CAPITOL, in which he told them all that he loved them. That was actually reportedly the least offensive version of three different videos that they filmed. 

Right now, we have the Capitol looking like a goddamned war zone because your guy decided to foment an insurrection, not just on the 6th, but in all of the actions he took following his electoral loss. 

You can phuck off with your idiocy. 

27 minutes ago, FresnoFacts said:

Valadao only won election in November by about 1,500 votes over Dem TJ Cox.

There have also been reports that some Valadao donors threatened to not support him financially next time if he voted against impeachment.

He probably stuck his finger in the air, looked at changing district demographics and donor support, then decided.

That makes sense. I lived a district over in CA22 with phucking Nunes, but Valadeo's district is almost exactly purple. I actually used to work with a cousin of his and met him once before he went all into politics, he was a pretty nice guy.

8 minutes ago, robe said:

There are so many things wrong with this post I don’t know where to start. You really should just shut up and crawl under a rock for a while.

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

I think this is ridiculous. But I’m all for seeing a narcissist get what is coming. The thought of him being convicted isn’t unpleasant anymore. 

Spaztecs life would finally be complete. Trump completes him. 

The Masters 5k road race All American.

15 minutes ago, toonkee said:

....and many Republican electeds are still trying to court Trump and Trumpism.

This is why Mitch is like smell you later, bro.

Mitch got tired of so much #Winning

Planning is an exercise of power, and in a modern state much real power is suffused with boredom. The agents of planning are usually boring; the planning process is boring; the implementation of plans is always boring. In a democracy boredom works for bureaucracies and corporations as smell works for skunk. It keeps danger away. Power does not have to be exercised behind the scenes. It can be open. The audience is asleep. The modern world is forged amidst our inattention.

2 minutes ago, bsu_alum9 said:

image.png.b16141b666908dbdc868eb2e08144aaf.png

wow we're almost as mad at him for trying to kill congress and democracy as when he furloughed the federal government for 2 days

5 minutes ago, retrofade said:

The Donald Trump Jr. inclusion there is disturbing as phuck to me.

At this point it's just name recognition, right?  The family dominated the RNC - I doubt they remain in control of the party even two years from now - but I guess we'll see.