Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sebasour

Impeachment Round 2 Megathread

55 minutes ago, soupslam1 said:

If they spent as much time trying to get Covid vaccines to us rather than getting their last pound of flesh, it would do a helluva lot more good. The impeachment won’t end before Biden takes office. 

Not a great start to “uniting” the country. 

:rotflmfao: Where were you in November? 

10 minutes ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

Hey dude, you’re all witnesses. You were there! We’re all witnesses. The witnesses have been called.

It's all grandstanding. The GOP wants to preserve the support among the Trump base, because they're all still petrified of him... even though he doesn't have his Twitter blowhorn, and removing him from office and adding the caveat that he's ineligible to hold office again would effectively muzzle him. 

5 minutes ago, retrofade said:

It's all grandstanding. The GOP wants to preserve the support among the Trump base, because they're all still petrified of him... even though he doesn't have his Twitter blowhorn, and removing him from office and adding the caveat that he's ineligible to hold office again would effectively muzzle him. 

The result is never in doubt. The House members don’t get many chances to shine so they damn sure are gonna take it, no matter what. I’ve always been for expanding the house, but damn if watching it in action doesn’t bring out my Hamiltonian side.

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

10 minutes ago, bornontheblue said:

Who has the time to sit and watch this all day. Geesh. I am too busy. 

Trump deserves to be impeached though. 

Plus Gunsmoke is on TV Land right now!

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

4 minutes ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

The result is never in doubt. The House members don’t get many chances to shine so they damn sure are gonna take it, no matter what. I’ve always been for expanding the house, but damn if watching it in action doesn’t bring out my Hamiltonian side.

Thank you.

I refrained from the EC discussion earlier because "expanding the house" is really the only good solution, and what the framers of our Constitution intended. Everything else, @Maji @halfmanhalfbronco , is just noise which has already been endlessly debated.

Just now, renoskier said:

Thank you.

I refrained from the EC discussion earlier because "expanding the house" is really the only good solution, and what the framers of our Constitution intended. Everything else, @Maji @halfmanhalfbronco , is just noise which has already been endlessly debated.

I’ve also been for getting rid of the two electoral votes apportioned from senate representation. It never changes anything.

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

19 hours ago, Billings said:

real GOP endgame.  14th amendment clause.  On simple majority vote in Senate they can prevent trump from ever holding public office again.  Impeach and vote on this.  Done and TRUMP is hamstrung in the next election.

https://www.thenation.com/article/politics/14th-amendment-trump/

At a minimum, invoking that amendment would prevent Trump from stealing money from gullible people over the next four years by telling them he needs it to run for president again.

It's a crying shame such people have to be protected from themselves since Trump is absolutely not going to run for president again but he absolutely WILL run every possible scam in order to pad his financial bottom line.

50 minutes ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

It’s the house, man. 5th grade history is the best we can hope for.

Ha! Hey, I was far less taken aback by McCarthy's speech than I was the congresswoman last week who proclaimed that we needed to follow the guidance of the framers of our Constitution: Madison, Hamilton, and Jefferson. I'm sure Jefferson was as surprised as anybody to learn that he was in Philadelphia in 1787.

9 minutes ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

I’ve also been for getting rid of the two electoral votes apportioned from senate representation. It never changes anything.

I'm okay with the Senate EC votes, it would provide the smaller states with a little additional support.

14 minutes ago, renoskier said:

Thank you.

I support reforming the House too