Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cowboy

Boise FB=Nebraska FB, Which is why they WILL stay.

I’m convinced Boise State realizes they are like Nebraska and won’t kill their “golden goose” by moving to the AAC, like the Huskers did when they left the B12 for the B1G.

Boise has been with most of the MWC teams going back to the old WAC, where they experienced their greatest success. They understand they need the MWC teams more than the MWC needs Boise State.

Hair Thompson was 100% right in making them wait for membership back in the day. The Original MWC saw Boise State for what they are, and getting into the MWC (at any time) was a major achievement for them. Now Hair can always hang MWC Olympic sports over their head if they get too big for their britches.

Im glad Harsin is gone. He was a cancer. I don’t think their new AD and HC will make any waves. They have enough to worry about with SJSU. Even Lil Ol Wyoming with Josh Allen reppin has more momentum than the Broncos. They are in a rebuild, just like when Scott Frost took over Nebraska, and the results will most likely mirror Frosts.

That being said, I don’t mind having them in the MWC to beat them on the way down. It gives them no excuses, unlike if they made the ill advised decision to go to the AAC. Their value is about to drop so it’s best to keep the expenses minimal.

Thats really the only angle to this that makes any sense.

3mxsBs3.jpg

I don’t think Nebraska killed their golden goose. The sellout streak is intact. They added on to the stadium and football revenue, save for the pandemic season, is at an all time high. They will soon be constructing the most expensive on campus training facility in history. 

7 minutes ago, masterfrog said:

I don’t think Nebraska killed their golden goose. The sellout streak is intact. They added on to the stadium and football revenue, save for the pandemic season, is at an all time high. They will soon be constructing the most expensive on campus training facility in history. 

And they are 68-55 since joining the Big 10 (and below .500 in the last 7), with as many losing seasons in those 10 years (5) than they had in the previous 49.

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

Nebraska left it's primary rival (Oklahoma) and regular games in one of the best recruiting grounds in the country (Texas). They sold their soul, so they can have all the money they want, their program will likely never reach it's previous heights again.

Boise's potential move is more lateral and not so much harmful to FB. Instead of losing a real rival and recruiting they'll basically have to sacrifice their Olys. So bad, but not quite the same. 

Isn't Nebraska one of those schools who were really good under one coach but could never find sustained success with other coaches? 

If that's the case, I'm not sure how much switching conferences actually hurt them.    

"Don't underestimate Joe Biden's ability to F@*k things up."

Barack Obama

11 minutes ago, Aslowhiteguy said:

Isn't Nebraska one of those schools who were really good under one coach but could never find sustained success with other coaches? 

If that's the case, I'm not sure how much switching conferences actually hurt them.    

They def are not...

image.png.cc895f254179df77dd309eb6d9003583.png

14 minutes ago, Aslowhiteguy said:

Bob Devaney 1962-1972 .829 winning %

Tom Osborne  1973-1997 .836 winning %

Frank Solich  1998-2003  .753 winning % 

Bo Pelinin 2003-2014, .713 winning % 

Two legends, and the next two got fired for not winning enough; pretty damn high standards in Lincoln. I'm sure the heat is building on Frost's rear end.

55 minutes ago, dshawfan said:

Bob Devaney 1962-1972 .829 winning %

Tom Osborne  1973-1997 .836 winning %

Frank Solich  1998-2003  .753 winning % 

Bo Pelinin 2003-2014, .713 winning % 

Two legends, and the next two got fired for not winning enough; pretty damn high standards in Lincoln. I'm sure the heat is building on Frost's rear end.

This is missing Bill Callahan. 

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

1 hour ago, Aslowhiteguy said:

They fired multiple 9-4 coaches so success is relative.  I think they finally realized they'll never be Ohio State-like again but could be a Wisconsin type team.  Their failure to win in the B1G is due to multiple factors.

1 hour ago, AztecSU said:Boise's potential move is more lateral and not so much harmful to FB. Instead of losing a real rival and recruiting they'll basically have to sacrifice their Olys. So bad, but not quite the same. 

I would argue that “consolidation” at the top of the non-autonomy class is more of an immediate need/want/desire than moving between 2 autonomy leagues.

When the AAC and a UConn split, that created a vacuum that any program with visions above their current station will be wanting to fill. All of the media contracts nearing expiration only makes the need for positioning more pressing.

When Ball State played SJSU in the AZ Bowl that didn’t help matters.

3mxsBs3.jpg

2 hours ago, Cowboy said:

I’m convinced Boise State realizes they are like Nebraska and won’t kill their “golden goose” by moving to the AAC, like the Huskers did when they left the B12 for the B1G.

Boise has been with most of the MWC teams going back to the old WAC, where they experienced their greatest success. They understand they need the MWC teams more than the MWC needs Boise State.

Hair Thompson was 100% right in making them wait for membership back in the day. The Original MWC saw Boise State for what they are, and getting into the MWC (at any time) was a major achievement for them. Now Hair can always hang MWC Olympic sports over their head if they get too big for their britches.

Im glad Harsin is gone. He was a cancer. I don’t think their new AD and HC will make any waves. They have enough to worry about with SJSU. Even Lil Ol Wyoming with Josh Allen reppin has more momentum than the Broncos. They are in a rebuild, just like when Scott Frost took over Nebraska, and the results will most likely mirror Frosts.

That being said, I don’t mind having them in the MWC to beat them on the way down. It gives them no excuses, unlike if they made the ill advised decision to go to the AAC. Their value is about to drop so it’s best to keep the expenses minimal.

Thompson didn't make Boise wait.  The other schools made them wait..Thompson can make suggestions but he doesn't have a vote..

2 hours ago, Cowboy said:

Wow!  Not quite @#1Stunner level, but still impressive.  You are getting better at this trolling thing.  :Clapping:

3 hours ago, masterfrog said:

Right?  Nebraska gets about 54 million a year in conference revenue.  Big 12 schools get 37.

Guest #1Stunner
5 hours ago, Cowboy said:

2 hours ago, Headbutt said:

Wow!  Not quite @#1Stunner level, but still impressive.  You are getting better at this trolling thing.  :Clapping:

2 hours ago, nvspuds said:

I thought Cowboy was a stunner sock..

@mugtang I realize you are chasing revenue, but how long are you going to let "Cowboy" (aka @FormerFrog aka @Balzac) continue this new sock?

6 hours ago, AztecSU said:

Nebraska left it's primary rival (Oklahoma) and regular games in one of the best recruiting grounds in the country (Texas). They sold their soul, so they can have all the money they want, their program will likely never reach it's previous heights again.

Boise's potential move is more lateral and not so much harmful to FB. Instead of losing a real rival and recruiting they'll basically have to sacrifice their Olys. So bad, but not quite the same. 

Actually, the Big XII killed the annual Thanksgiving Nebraska vs Oklahoma rivalry long before Nebraska left the conference.  Once the Big 8 was no more the Huskers only played the Sooners 2 of every 4 years and Texas became OU's only true rival.  Nebraska's football woes have far less to do with joining the B1G than they do with the changing landscape of college football.  Besides Nebraska isn't the only Blue Blood struggling.  Look at Texas, Michigan, USC, Tennessee to name a few.  Oh and don't forget the Big XII was falling apart.  Other than OU Nebraska's 2 biggest rivals, Mizzou and CU were also on their way out the door.  All this said, as a Husker I would have liked to remain in a 10-team Big XII simply to get the annual OU rivalry back.