Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Swoll Cracker

Monday Nite MWC Hoops - 1/11/21: Who Ya Got?

4 minutes ago, kingpotato said:

This is why this team is good. Akot out. Alston, off and out most of the 2nd half. Still 20+ win on the road. They are so deep

Yeah, you would think if our two leading scorers, Alston and Shaver, only scored 11 points combined we would have been in serious trouble...but not so much.

Credit to Wyoming though, they could have folded when we originally got up my 18, but got it back down to 5 at one point. Both their freshman guards played well tonight. Those guys are going to be a pain in the ass for the next 4 years.

It was also really nice seeing Armus and Doutrive playing close to their full potential tonight, and Kigab is turning into an all-MWC type player. We are definitely incredibly loaded this year. I just hope we get Akot back for game 2 and DA can at least go some.  

3 minutes ago, Jalex4141 said:

Armus player of the game and interviewed on the local post game radio show. His number 1 goal is the team. Obviously his emphasis is rebounding. He had a few nice moves at the rim tonight as well. 

tenor.gif?itemid=4178916

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

36 minutes ago, Jalex4141 said:

Armus player of the game and interviewed on the local post game radio show. His number 1 goal is the team. Obviously his emphasis is rebounding. He had a few nice moves at the rim tonight as well. 

He took one in from top of three point line.  He plays small sometimes when he is by far the biggest player out there.  

20 minutes ago, Swoll Cracker said:

Last time Boise went on the road, they had about a 50-point turnaround in the second game. I’m calling it now. Wyoming by 30 in game 2 on Wednesday.

This time Wyoming scared them though.  SJSU was a laugher and impossible to convince them they weren't playing the local ward team.  If Alston is healthy he's going to go off.  Those are the games he's focused for;  the ones after he was embarrassed.  Then if Akot is healthy it's all over.   Oh, and Doutrive is starting to feel it.   And Shaver was off too. 

Wyoming has some good perimeter players, but we killed them inside and there was nothing they could do about it. I’m not sure what adjustments both teams will make in game two.

Endurance could be a issue for Boise State if Alston and Akot can’t go. Wyoming’s bench is pretty short also so the game will come down to who has the legs to make shots.

I will say this is a much better team than Wyoming had last year. They are one big guy away from making waves in the MWC. 

29 minutes ago, roughrider said:

This time Wyoming scared them though.  SJSU was a laugher and impossible to convince them they weren't playing the local ward team.  If Alston is healthy he's going to go off.  Those are the games he's focused for;  the ones after he was embarrassed.  Then if Akot is healthy it's all over.   Oh, and Doutrive is starting to feel it.   And Shaver was off too. 

Maybe, but Alston struggled in both games against Wyoming last year as well. Think he had like 6 points combined between the two games. 

4 minutes ago, soupslam1 said:

Wyoming has some good perimeter players, but we killed them inside and there was nothing they could do about it. I’m not sure what adjustments both teams will make in game two. Endurance could be a issue for Boise State if Alston and Akot can’t go. 

It looked like Maldonado was limping around as the game ended. Not sure if he was actually injured or what. If that guy can't go or is limited, Wyo is screwed for game 2.