Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cincy

Rivers-Preseason MWC Offensive Player of the Year??

Now that Ronnie is officially returning next year, he has a good chance of receiving this honor. 
If he stays healthy, the numbers he can put up both rushing and receiving could be scary.  Having an improved OL would  obviously help as well. Look at what he did with a poor OL last year. 

4 minutes ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

Carson Strong says no.

Yeah even as a Fresno fan I don't see Rivers being preseason OPY. He is a very solid college RB but to be preseason OPY there would either need to be NO good returning QBs OR he would have to be a Ryan Mathews type (ie a threat to score a TD every time he touches the ball). And again I feel that Fresno has a case for having the best WR/QB/RB combo in the MW next year so no disrespect to Rivers. 

11 minutes ago, thedude15 said:

Yeah even as a Fresno fan I don't see Rivers being preseason OPY. He is a very solid college RB but to be preseason OPY there would either need to be NO good returning QBs OR he would have to be a Ryan Mathews type (ie a threat to score a TD every time he touches the ball). And again I feel that Fresno has a case for having the best WR/QB/RB combo in the MW next year so no disrespect to Rivers. 

I feel that Rivers does show that threat to score a TD every time he touches the ball. But again, it all starts at our O-line. That is a critical piece that must be improved next year. 

BDS.jpeg.b92a1351cc7ee6a0de0c311059007356.jpeg

15 minutes ago, thedude15 said:

He’s good. But the people that vote for this sorta thing aren’t going to vote differently at the beginning of next season than they did the end of last season. Rivers might have more talent. Strong is a sure thing.

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

Calvin Turner has that reserved.

Disclaimer: Any views or opinions presented by this poster (Warbow) are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the Univesity of Hawaii or it's loyal fans. All quotes and opinions from Warbow are valid for 30 days following the date of post transmission and are subject to change at any time. All information published herein by Warbow is gathered from his own opinions or sources which are thought to be reliable, but the reader should not assume that the information is official or fact.

1 hour ago, thedude15 said:

Draftscout.com would disagree with Fresno having the best combo. Nevada has Strong, Doubs, Cooks and Turner higher ranked than your combo with only Rivers ahead of Taua. Your guys are dangerous no doubt. Strong already is 25 to 1 odds of Heisman according to the bookies and a couple of guys rating him a first rounder if he came out this year including one guy saying that New England would pick him. Ridiculous of course but when the hype machine starts, it’s hard for others to break through.

Justin Rice decided to head to Utah State because Anderson promised he could play on both sides of the ball. I expect him to be both offense and defensive player of the year in 2021. Word is he's also one hell of a punter, so don't rule out special teams as well.