Jump to content
retrofade

Right-wing extremists vow to return to Washington for Joe Biden's inauguration

Recommended Posts

36 minutes ago, TheSanDiegan said:

I remember Reagan's eloquent speeches. I remember his calls for global nuclear disarmament. I remember a mixed bag of tax cuts and tax raises. And I remember the Iran-Contra affair.

But I don't remember anything that would substantiate some fake outrage narrative of mistreatment. :shrug: Please enlighten me.

I seem to recall that he was falsely portrayed as somebody who would take us to nuclear war. Hell, now that I think about it the media was complicit in the Democratic lie about Goldwater, if elected woul take us to nuclear war.

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Aslowhiteguy said:

Where is that moderation going to come from? 

A lot of right wingers truly believe the election was fraudulent, despite a lack of evidence.  In '16, the left was all in on phony Russian collusion.  They didn't need evidence either, just an allegation. 

Who do you trust in D.C.?   I don't trust any of them.  They don't even trust one another.  

 

 

I’ve lost complete trust and faith in our government. They are too busy in vendettas to get the upper hand by any means possible rather than serving us the people. Our country has become a banana republic. It’s sad to see. The founding fathers are turning over in their graves. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, soupslam1 said:

I’ve lost complete trust and faith in our government. They are too busy in vendettas to get the upper hand by any means possible rather than serving us the people. Our country has become a banana republic. It’s sad to see. The founding fathers are turning over in their graves. 

The founding fathers were +++++ing merciless to one another. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Joe from WY said:

Might have met the same guy. When i found Jesus he was in my trunk after coming back from Mexicali one weekend. 

I might or might not have had contraband when coming back across the border one time with two girls, a drunken buddy, a ceramic surfing monkey, and a cartoon-looking border retablo when the BP agent asked me if I had anything to declare. 

I threw a thumb at the cheesy retablo in the backseat between the two girls and said, "Yeah. I found Jesus."

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, soupslam1 said:

I’ve lost complete trust and faith in our government. They are too busy in vendettas to get the upper hand by any means possible rather than serving us the people. Our country has become a banana republic. It’s sad to see. The founding fathers are turning over in their graves. 

The whole reason for the bipartisan impeachment of that f*cking fascist is to keep our nation from becoming a banana republic.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, TheSanDiegan said:

The whole reason for the bipartisan impeachment of that f*cking fascist is to keep our nation from becoming a banana republic.

Too late for that. Trump getting impeached is not going to change the vendettas. And I fully expect Democrats to exact revenge on Republicans the next four years. They’ve got the power now to do whatever the hell they want. 

  • Facepalm 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, soupslam1 said:

Too late for that. Trump getting impeached is not going to change the vendettas. And I fully expect Democrats to exact revenge on Republicans the next four years. They’ve got the power now to do whatever the hell they want. 

I hope not re: the Democrats, but you are probably right. They won't make this a banana republic though. Our institutions have still held despite being under tremendous strain. We are nowhere close to a banana republic, despite El Trumpo trying his best to get us there.

"In political science, the term banana republic describes a politically unstable country with an economy dependent upon the exportation of a limited-resource product, such as bananas or minerals. In 1901, the American author O. Henry coined the term to describe Honduras and neighbouring countries under economic exploitation by U.S. corporations, such as the United Fruit Company.[1] Typically, a banana republic has a society of extremely stratified social classes, usually a large impoverished working class and a ruling class plutocracy, composed of the business, political, and military elites of that society.[2] The ruling class controls the primary sector of the economy by way of the exploitation of labor;[3] thus, the term banana republic is a pejorative descriptor for a servile Oligarchy that abets and supports, for kickbacks, the exploitation of large-scale plantation agriculture, especially banana cultivation.[3]

A banana republic is a country with an economy of state capitalism, whereby the country is operated as a private commercial enterprise for the exclusive profit of the ruling class. Such exploitation is enabled by collusion between the state and favored economic monopolies, in which the profit, derived from the private exploitation of public lands, is private property, while the debts incurred thereby are the financial responsibility of the public treasury. Such an imbalanced economy remains limited by the uneven economic development of town and country, and usually reduces the national currency into devalued banknotes (paper money), rendering the country ineligible for international development credit.[4]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Banana_republic

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, modestobulldog said:

I seem to recall that he was falsely portrayed as somebody who would take us to nuclear war. Hell, now that I think about it the media was complicit in the Democratic lie about Goldwater, if elected woul take us to nuclear war.

Lolwut? You might want to check the seams on that faulty recall. :rolleyes:

Reagan called for global nuclear disarmament. Hard to believe your narrative when he was calling for arms reduction by 1982. I mean, here's a still from his address to the nation in 1982 proposing a drastic draw down of nuclear stockpiles.

Screen-Shot-2021-01-13-at-1-10-12-PM.png

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, soupslam1 said:

Too late for that. Trump getting impeached is not going to change the vendettas. And I fully expect Democrats to exact revenge on Republicans the next four years. They’ve got the power now to do whatever the hell they want. 

Maybe its your expectations that require calibration? :shrug:

Idk wtf "vandetta" you're speaking of. But the GOP has to rid itself of the cancer of those who used lies to ignite an insurrection in an attempt to overthrow our democracy. That includes Cruz, Jordan, et al, who continue to try to question and/or challenge the results of a fair and free election in their effort to stir up more MAGA shit.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TheSanDiegan said:

Lolwut? You might want to check the seams on that faulty recall. :rolleyes:

Reagan called for global nuclear disarmament. Hard to believe your narrative when he was calling for arms reduction by 1982. I mean, here's a still from his address to the nation in 1982 proposing a drastic draw down of nuclear stockpiles.

Screen-Shot-2021-01-13-at-1-10-12-PM.png

 

What he was and what some in the mainstream media portrayed are two different things.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, soupslam1 said:

I’ve lost complete trust and faith in our government. They are too busy in vendettas to get the upper hand by any means possible rather than serving us the people. Our country has become a banana republic. It’s sad to see. The founding fathers are turning over in their graves. 

you have never shown an ounce of faith in any part of our government dude

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, TheSanDiegan said:

I remember Reagan's eloquent speeches. I remember his calls for global nuclear disarmament. I remember a mixed bag of tax cuts and tax raises. And I remember the Iran-Contra affair.

But I don't remember anything that would substantiate some fake outrage narrative of mistreatment. :shrug: Please enlighten me.

it's any criticism of him whatsoever. I mean blues had some pretty biting remarks about reagan, from how he mishandled mental health to his spending habits to iran contra to his aids epidemic failure, but some people need a savior

Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, modestobulldog said:

What he was and what some in the mainstream media portrayed are two different things.

Please find/reference a single instance  - any instance - of the MSM plying anything so much as remotely resembling the pure vitriol that came from the Dittosphere a few years later.

I'll wait. :popcorn:

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, happycamper said:

it's any criticism of him whatsoever. I mean blues had some pretty biting remarks about reagan, from how he mishandled mental health to his spending habits to iran contra to his aids epidemic failure, but some people need a savior

Yeah that's kind of my takeaway too. I've always found (many) Republicans' inclinations to love their party and its leaders like a child loves their mommy to be amusing. Any and all critical feedback is seemingly almost always invalidated. 

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, 818SUDSFan said:

I can't ever remember driving through the proverbial middle of nowhere where the only terrestrial radio stations you could get which were broadcast in English didn't have Rush's show on at some point in the day. Sometimes twice a day. Sure says something about Politics in the Podunk.

Yeah I drove actoss country by myself over 4 days in '95. There were stretches of hundreds of miles where all you could get on the radio were bible-thumping preachers and Rush.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, TheSanDiegan said:

Lolwut? You might want to check the seams on that faulty recall. :rolleyes:

Reagan called for global nuclear disarmament. Hard to believe your narrative when he was calling for arms reduction by 1982. I mean, here's a still from his address to the nation in 1982 proposing a drastic draw down of nuclear stockpiles.

Screen-Shot-2021-01-13-at-1-10-12-PM.png

 

I don’t remember that either. I do remember Star Wars?? Granted I was getting my news from weekly reader back then but still. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, TheSanDiegan said:

Please find/reference a single instance  - any instance - of the MSM plying anything so much as remotely resembling the pure vitriol that came from the Dittosphere a few years later.

I'll wait. :popcorn:

It doesn't.  This has been building over time, at different rates for both sides, and both sides are at fault. 

Mainstream media is mostly an appendage of the government and parroting the talking points of the two parties, Faux (R), others mostly (D).

Hopefully I am wrong, but I see things getting worse, not better.  Cancel culture accelerates rage on both sides. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.




×
×
  • Create New...