Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

retrofade

Right-wing extremists vow to return to Washington for Joe Biden's inauguration

45 minutes ago, THEUniversityofNevada said:

I was a diehard listener of Rush Limbaugh's right up until January 20th, 1993. On that day, Rush began his broadcast the way he did for the 2,922 subsequent days of Bill Clinton's Presidency; "America Held Hostage, Day 1..."

I had worked on the George H.W. Bush campaign in Nevada. I had voted for him. I was profoundly disappointed that he lost, but I found Rush's rhetoric in that moment toxic and I was done with him after that.

I can't ever remember driving through the proverbial middle of nowhere where the only terrestrial radio stations you could get which were broadcast in English didn't have Rush's show on at some point in the day. Sometimes twice a day. Sure says something about Politics in the Podunk.

Haven't listened to am radio in years (except for live sports) but driving across Wyoming at any point in the last forty years, rush was sometimes the only thing you could find on the dial.  Now imagine these old ranchers listening to that shit non-stop for decades with a helping of Hannity.

I usually listen to music, better for your soul.

2 hours ago, NorCalCoug said:

I think you need Jesus.

I think I met him once. He had some great weed. The wine tho left something to be desired.

Then again, it could have just been some homeless dude with a beard and a robe; I didn't ask. :shrug:

St-Javelin-Sm.jpgChase.jpg 

1 hour ago, NorCalCoug said:

I wouldn’t expect you to.  You’re part of the problem.

That's rich, TDS boy :lol:

On 12/1/2016 at 12:26 PM, WyomingCoog said:

I own a vehicle likely worth more than everything you own combined and just flew first class (including a ticket for a 2 1/2 year old), round trip to Las Vegas and I'm not 35 yet. When you accomplish something outside of finishing a book, let me know. When's the last time you saw a 2 year old fly first class in their own seat? Don't tell me about elite.  

28 minutes ago, NorCalCoug said:

I’d happily compare IQ’s with you any day of the week.

1 minute ago, NorCalCoug said:

Sure thing JC professor.  :rolleyes:

We just had an insurrection and all you can think about is RUSSIA!!!

Something might be wrong with your brain. Too many contradictions in it? Sad!

On 12/1/2016 at 12:26 PM, WyomingCoog said:

I own a vehicle likely worth more than everything you own combined and just flew first class (including a ticket for a 2 1/2 year old), round trip to Las Vegas and I'm not 35 yet. When you accomplish something outside of finishing a book, let me know. When's the last time you saw a 2 year old fly first class in their own seat? Don't tell me about elite.  

28 minutes ago, NorCalCoug said:

I’d happily compare IQ’s with you any day of the week.

44 minutes ago, 818SUDSFan said:

I can't ever remember driving through the proverbial middle of nowhere where the only terrestrial radio stations you could get which were broadcast in English didn't have Rush's show on at some point in the day. Sometimes twice a day. Sure says something about Politics in the Podunk.

Was Wolfman Jack before your time?  

21 minutes ago, TheSanDiegan said:

I think I met him once. He had some great weed. The wine tho left something to be desired.

Then again, it could have just been some homeless dude with a beard and a robe; I didn't ask. :shrug:

Didn't San Diego's own Mojo Nixon once meet Jesus at McDonalds at Midnight ?!?! 

He Did !!! With Skid Roper 

4 hours ago, bornontheblue said:

The R's who are scared to come out and say that all of the conspiracy nonsense is just that,  are part of the problem. I made a Facebook post where I publicly expressed my changed views on Trump, and claimed he was a horrible person.  I didn't do it to congratulate myself , but rather it to show others like me that it's ok to come out and say this is all bullshit. I made a lot of people mad at me though. 

Good for you.  But they have legitimate fears living in some pretty red-neck areas.  But that partly is what happens when you let the lie get out of hand.   These people are caught in their own fake reality.  

2 hours ago, 818SUDSFan said:

But, there was always Art Bell on those AM frequencies, much better listen.

16 hours ago, NorCalCoug said:

I wouldn’t expect you to.  You’re part of the problem.

3gmat4.jpg

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

15 hours ago, UNLV2001 said:

Didn't San Diego's own Mojo Nixon once meet Jesus at McDonalds at Midnight ?!?! 

He Did !!! With Skid Roper 

That's a classic

18 hours ago, TheSanDiegan said:

I agree. However, to truly break this cycle, we also have to have an honest discussion.

And as I see it, the genesis of political demonization, and demonization of compromise, stems from the Dittohead culture of Limbaugh, et al, rooted in the early '90s.

I am happy to have this discussion - it's been had elsewhere on the board - and would invite any example of left-wing hate promulgated through the media prior to the reactionary formation of MSNBC and now-defunct Air America.

This isn't about pointing fingers; it's about honest accountability. And to be honest, I cannot recall any instance of left-wing hatrede promulgated through the media that predates right-wing radio creating the niche. Can you?

You don't remember treatment of Ronald Reagan?  

110926run_defense710.jpg

They are obviously very concerned about the potential for violence at upcoming events.

Just in DC for the Inaugural (not including state Capitol deployments), the National Guard deployment keeps growing.

Last Thursday reports were 6,200 National Guard troops were being deployed to DC until after the inaugural.

Yesterday it was 10,000 NG would be in DC.

Today, the Metro Police Chief says 20,000 Guardsmen will be deployed in DC.

And reports are there is a request for up to 30,000 NG just for DC, although that many may not be deployed.

Governors are also calling up troops in their states to protect some state Capitols.

As a comparison:

In 2017 there were a little over 7,000 National Guard troops deployed to DC for Trump's Inaugural.

3 hours ago, modestobulldog said:

You don't remember treatment of Ronald Reagan?  

I remember Reagan's eloquent speeches. I remember his calls for global nuclear disarmament. I remember a mixed bag of tax cuts and tax raises. And I remember the Iran-Contra affair.

But I don't remember anything that would substantiate some fake outrage narrative of mistreatment. :shrug: Please enlighten me.

St-Javelin-Sm.jpgChase.jpg 

19 hours ago, TheSanDiegan said:

Might have met the same guy. When i found Jesus he was in my trunk after coming back from Mexicali one weekend.