Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

retrofade

Right-wing extremists vow to return to Washington for Joe Biden's inauguration

8 hours ago, soupslam1 said:

This “insurrection” was the most chill insurrection in history. A guy in a buffalo suit sitting with his feet up in the Speakers chair, another smoking a joint under the dome, most of the others walking around taking pictures like tourists. C’mon WTF kind of insurrection was that? 

I honestly think if they would have found Pelosi in her chair they would have seriously injured or maybe even killed her. This "insurrection" was definitely scary shit.

7 hours ago, SalinasSpartan said:

“There are times when men have to die”

You know who said that? Not Sadam. Not Assad. Not Gadaffi. Henry Stimson said that, the United States Secretary of War during WW2. Was he talking about DDay? Or the island hopping campaign in the pacific? No. He was talking about The Philippines, at the time a territory of the United States, like Puerto Rico was and still is. After Japan attacked, the U.S. realized they couldn’t really stop the Japanese from taking the islands so they didn’t mount a serious defense. In the beginning when the UK and US began coordinating their war strategy Churchill wasn’t so sure that the U.S. would truly concentrate on Europe first, since that involved essentially allowing Japan to take an American territory without immediate reprisal. Henry Stimson responded with that above quote to assure him the U.S. was indeed willing to let retaking the American territory of The Philippines, the largest territory the U.S. has ever, and will ever hold, be put on the back burner to focus on Germany first. 

So what happened? Men died. Over 1 million Filipinos, United States Nationals at the time, died. That’s more deaths then the Civil War. If you were to ask me, “what did you think of the American WW2 strategy? I think it was great.” And I responded with “Unless you were a Filipino”, would I be wrong? No, I’m sure Filipinos did not appreciate being hung out to dry by the U.S., being brutalized by the Japanese occupation, and having their million deaths be forgotten by history; since all people mostly remember about The Philippines in WW2 is the MacArthur quote “I shall return”, not connecting the dots that he said that as he and the rest of the U.S. military abandoned The Philippines in the first place. But does that mean the U.S. was wrong? Probably not. If they had acted in the Philippines quicker and saved a few hundred thousand lives there who’s to say even more wouldn’t have died in Europe as a result of the U.S. delaying sending troops there? 

What’s my point? Often times there isn’t some military/diplomatic jui jitsu that will save everybody in every situation. The mere fact that a certain group of people got a raw deal and had members of that group die and/or be oppressed doesn’t in and of itself mean the decision was bad. Sometimes you have doors numbered 1, 2, and 3 ahead of you, and behind each door some people will die; the only difference is who and how many. 

I’m not sure your example is relevant to Saddam actively gassing the Kurds.  

2 hours ago, Stealthlobo said:

I honestly think if they would have found Pelosi in her chair they would have seriously injured or maybe even killed her. This "insurrection" was definitely scary shit.

Not just pelosi, but Omar and AOC.  Especially Omar.

46 minutes ago, sactowndog said:

I’m not sure your example is relevant to Saddam actively gassing the Kurds.  

My point is that there isn’t always a “good” choice. As I said, a Filipino that survived WW2 would probably take issue with the U.S. strategy in WW2 since it, you know, lead to over A MILLION deaths in The Philippines; but that doesn’t mean the U.S. made the “wrong” choice, given the options at the time. A Kurd may take exception to Sadam for obvious reasons, but it doesn’t mean Sadam wasn’t a net positive in the region. 

10 minutes ago, SalinasSpartan said:

My point is that there isn’t always a “good” choice. As I said, a Filipino that survived WW2 would probably take issue with the U.S. strategy in WW2 since it, you know, lead to over A MILLION deaths in The Philippines; but that doesn’t mean the U.S. made the “wrong” choice, given the options at the time. A Kurd may take exception to Sadam for obvious reasons, but it doesn’t mean Sadam wasn’t a net positive in the region. 

Sadam “The Butcher of Baghdad” Hussein is a net positive? You know you live in a jacked-up region of the world when that line is used in any discussion. 😂

56 minutes ago, Rofl_copter_dos said:

Sickeningly curious to see if they try this again - the military at the inauguration will probably be carrying live ammo and there will be considerable deaths if they do.

I believe they will prevent large groups from gathering anywhere near downtown DC. 

Thay Haif Said: Quhat Say Thay? Lat Thame Say

41 minutes ago, SalinasSpartan said:

Your example failed to make mention of the 23,000 Americans KIA or captured during and following the Japanese invasion.

And Americans were lauded as heroes after WW2, not villains. The PI military structure was led by soldiers who fought and died alongside their American allies. One officer in particular who was part of the Bataan Death March, Capt. Willard Smith, returned after the war as our official military liaison to the PI. He was celebrated as a hero everywhere he went, form the Igorot tribes in northern Luzon to the Moros in the southern-most reaches of the archipelago. There is a kinship between our two cultures that is unique IMO.

This is all probably irrelevant to the point you were making, but I thought worth mentioning.

St-Javelin-Sm.jpgChase.jpg 

13 hours ago, FresnoFacts said:

I guess the FBI decided to read posts on Parler yesterday before it went down. :D

This is nothing other than a planned insurrection. All the chips.

This begs the honest question as to what the best strategy is to address this. An overwhelming show of force to counter potentially overwhelming numbers? These people are True Believers; in for a penny, in for a pound... ride or die (or both).

As the FBI has issued the bulletin, I think they also have a handle on who the leadership is. IMO you go after the leadership NOW - a fish rots from the head down. Round these treasonous f*ckers up. Now.

That leaves you with a loosely organized and potentially more feckless leadership structure at local, state, and national levels, one that eminently easier to control and suppress. So let the dumb c*nts who tase themselves in the nuts or get trampled by their own people while literally carrying a flag asking them not to do so show up to commit acts of domestic terrorism. 

We have a week to weed the chaff from the wheat to ensure those asked to protect our institutions are committed to their respective oaths.

IMO Trump is keeping his piehole shut because he thinks he can still usurp our democratic process. F*ck the GOP leadership that is still lending him the cover of time.

18 hours ago, BSUTOP25 said:

Man, like you, I simply don’t think it’s any of our business to decide the governments of foreign nations. Like, it should be the people who live in those nations to determine their leadership and stuff. 

Your freedom loving is inspiring to me. 

There are only two things I can't stand in this world: people who are intolerant of other people's cultures and the Dutch. 

37 minutes ago, TheSanDiegan said:

This is nothing more than a planned insurrection. All the chips.

This begs the honest question as to what the best strategy is to address this. An overwhelming show of force to counter potentially overwhelming numbers? These people are True Believers; in for a penny, in for a pound... ride or die (or both).

As the FBI has issued the bulletin, I think they also have a handle on who the leadership is. IMO you go after the leadership NOW - a fish rots from the head down. Round these treasonous f*ckers up. Now.

That leaves you with a loosely organized and potentially more feckless leadership structure at local, state, and national levels, one that eminently easier to control and suppress. So let the dumb c*nts who tase themselves in the nuts or get trampled by their own people while literally carrying a flag asking them not to do so show up to commit acts of domestic terrorism. 

We have a week to weed the chaff from the wheat to ensure those asked to protect our institutions are committed to their respective oaths.

IMO Trump is keeping his piehole shut because he thinks he can still usurp our democratic process. F*ck the GOP leadership that is still lending him the cover of time.

My question is when did we start going soft on treasonous crimes? It feels like both parties are too afraid to fully commit. I don't think these Trumpers fully understand what the consequences are for leading an insurrection. I've seen videos where people are laughing and having a good time, they think it's fun. Revolutions are paid for in blood, are these people fully capable of committing to that? If they believe that, then it's time to call it for what it is. An insurrection against the United States of America to overthrow a legitimate elected President. In any other country this would be dealt with swiftly and harshly.  

0918_FootballVBoise(Weir)6081.jpg.91934a8a511e3532b39599f1988bbacb.jpg

55 minutes ago, TheSanDiegan said:

My Pillow Mike has assured his followers Trump will still remain our president and the only possible scenario for that is those two guys (whose combined IQ might be south of 100) think the military is going to intercede in the election process just as the military has done in countless other countries. If that should happen, our democracy will obviously be in immense danger.

Cumulus Media is telling its far-right talk hosts to stop talking election fraud or that there is still a way to overturn the election. If they continue their shows will be cancelled.

Cumulus is taking this wild talk serious now. A few days ago they suspended Fresno (KMJ) conservative radio host Ray Appleton after he said last Thursday that some in the media should be hanged. He backtracked right after he said it and apologized but it was too late for him.

2 minutes ago, FresnoFacts said:

Since I do not see an inauguration thread yet, I will put this here for now.

I wonder if Pence will join the group.

I think it would be befitting of the office for former President Pence to attend.