Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

madmartigan

OT: I landed a PS5 on Wednesday

6 hours ago, Stealthlobo said:

Finally tried my first 'souls' game a few weeks ago. It was Dark Souls 3. I now have 150 hours in it and absolutely love the challenge. Kicking myself for procrastinating so long to try it out.

If you like souls try Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice. Made by the same company. Beautiful game but very challenging. Everything is just so fluid. It makes the number of tactics and moves involved in DS seem trivial.

6 hours ago, Stealthlobo said:

Finally tried my first 'souls' game a few weeks ago. It was Dark Souls 3. I now have 150 hours in it and absolutely love the challenge. Kicking myself for procrastinating so long to try it out.

150/21 = 7 hrs/day that's real gaming rt.

My son is big time into Dark Souls, with difficulty comes reward.

ezgif-5-959914ff2250.gif.f0cc4fc558f5a154dc6ff5904c80bf34.gif

2 hours ago, Los_Aztecas said:

If you like souls try Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice. Made by the same company. Beautiful game but very challenging. Everything is just so fluid. It makes the number of tactics and moves involved in DS seem trivial.

I've heard that as well and definitely going to try it eventually. Work and Life give me only certain opportunities to play games anymore (Thanks COVID! ;p).

However, I actually got really into monster hunter world (japanese jurassic park, heh). And 'overall' I'd say the game is easier, but the hard parts are much more difficult than ds3. It does take awhile to get to the end game bosses, but definitely the most rewarding challenge I've ever had in gaming. And if u want to talk fluidity, gameplay is much more refined as well.

I'm not a huge fan of MMO's, but I started playing Star Wars: The Old Republic and I've logged almost 80 hours in the last 3 weeks or so. I'm playing as a Gunslinger/Smuggler and my wife is a Jedi Consulor. It's fun that we get to play together on story missions and flashpoint raids. This game is 10 years old and I'm just now playing it. 

0918_FootballVBoise(Weir)6081.jpg.91934a8a511e3532b39599f1988bbacb.jpg