Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bornontheblue

I would like to apologize publicly

4 minutes ago, THEUniversityofNevada said:

I’m open to suggestions on how to lower the temperature in the country. The first suggestion that comes to mind is a ritual sacrifice of @mugtang but I admit there might be better ideas.

2 minutes ago, NVGiant said:

There might be better ideas, but would any of them be more fun?

tenor.gif

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

1 hour ago, THEUniversityofNevada said:

I’m open to suggestions on how to lower the temperature in the country. The first suggestion that comes to mind is a ritual sacrifice of @mugtang but I admit there might be better ideas.

Wait, you mean he's a virgin ?

Dont the Gawds demand virgins ?

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

I won’t apologize because I supported most of his policies. I’ve always understood and maintained he’s an arrogant and narcissistic asshole. I will say once the election ended he should have gracefully conceded and faded into the woodwork, but he is going out true to form. 

1 hour ago, soupslam1 said:

I won’t apologize because I supported most of his policies. I’ve always understood and maintained he’s an arrogant and narcissistic asshole. I will say once the election ended he should have gracefully conceded and faded into the woodwork, but he is going out true to form. 

Would you do it all over again?

I posted this in a separate thread but it seems more appropriate here.  

In any event, I had never really ventured over to this off topic forum until recently given the events at the Capitol.  

I had just assumed the vast majority of you were a bunch of loons given your terrible takes on football and basketball.  But in all seriousness, the vast majority of you here have shown yourselves to be sane people rejecting the assault on our American values as a democratic republic.  

18 hours ago, bornontheblue said:

Posters here used to go on and on about what a terrible person Trump was, and I just rolled my eyes. 

He is the vile human being y'all said he was. 

I am sorry. 

We need a lot more of this in our country, from all political ideologies. I salute you good sir. 

There are only two things I can't stand in this world: people who are intolerant of other people's cultures and the Dutch. 

The week of the election, I opined to the conspiracy minded that in my opinion, yes, Trump increased his support significantly; however, Trump had an uncanny way of alienating more people than he drew to his own cause, primarily because of personality and psychological issues. I accepted Biden's win Thursday or Friday after the election. Tucker Carlson's interview where he pressed Sydney Powell for evidence should have been a wake-up call to the blinded Trump supporter camp.  Heck, my beloved James O'Keefe pretty much came up empty :wacko:. I was wrong in my opinion that Trump would do the right thing and concede / leave gracefully in the end. I concur with @soupslam post, I have called Trump a buffoon and blowhard in the past and am conflicted on the policies he supported and I agree with versus his behavior. As I recall from a class in High School, there were claims of fraud in the 1960 election, but Nixon in the middle of election night acknowledged Kennedy may have won and conceded a few days later because he thought it would be detrimental to the country to contest the election.  I am not sure if that is true or if it is faulty memory after nearly 50 years, but clearly Trump and some Republicans not letting go after the courts decisions has been detrimental to our country. That Trump is now saying that he will not attend the inauguration shows to me it was all about him, not the country.  Maybe it is for the best, a lot less people will miss him after this week's events.  

110926run_defense710.jpg

4 minutes ago, modestobulldog said:

The week of the election, I opined to the conspiracy minded that in my opinion, yes, Trump increased his support significantly; however, Trump had an uncanny way of alienating more people than he drew to his own cause, primarily because of personality and psychological issues. I accepted Biden's win Thursday or Friday after the election. Tucker Carlson's interview where he pressed Sydney Powell for evidence should have been a wake-up call to the blinded Trump supporter camp.  Heck, my beloved James O'Keefe pretty much came up empty :wacko:. I was wrong in my opinion that Trump would do the right thing and concede / leave gracefully in the end. I concur with @soupslam post, I have called Trump a buffoon and blowhard in the past and am conflicted on the policies he supported and I agree with versus his behavior. As I recall from a class in High School, there were claims of fraud in the 1960 election, but Nixon in the middle of election night acknowledged Kennedy may have won and conceded a few days later because he thought it would be detrimental to the country to contest the election.  I am not sure if that is true or if it is faulty memory after nearly 50 years, but clearly Trump and some Republicans not letting go after the courts decisions has been detrimental to our country. That Trump is now saying that he will not attend the inauguration shows to me it was all about him, not the country.  Maybe it is for the best, a lot less people will miss him after this week's events.  

May I ask for your thoughts on the MAGA movement after this week's events?

St-Javelin-Sm.jpgChase.jpg 

19 hours ago, son of a gun said:

Ritual and sacred bouts in the parking lots of Best Buy?

Can you imagine if we all got together in a convention center somewhere. Drinking and fighting followed up with bro hugs.

YBD-U6XEmv8gQ37qSTiB3-imHx7aFDZcwMP-kSh0WF0gZb8j1EY17r6VX-6BsH-dM552qXds1L1DEKtyVa9p-R3SpRdXI6G9NY96EciKQXntLcp-4AhCBCMlZi2wK85WmZFaTCFBwUcv52eVFrxo8Y4xZgK1q85f9SSInA--J_RrhJfQt9eViwyuTQguf0WueO96XDPOrEwzOxhdWMoOTM_L0Rofno-fX1f7uYdUe0r3kLYbEBOyYjGTPopRsa6NLzblfPzbac_SRK5-5hOrvz6TXKe40YSN69o9h0Jo884xcI2D8DTFUUNwg268wARQe9W61sEC_PPRcfBa3Y2FXxIamL5CMwquxk5NymXMJzaLalA3tmm4NcDnyY8aIeuoUOffGNpR3V8dI-SjNpePkTU-DwfiHNBFNk84caZnlJAxyVDZuu6Ek5niD1ygj5X0chZPpfgbrabe663ONbXiNhaFoPs0wuB9QXGWU28w7q7LXiNLhi6j91Mc4xBOmCRu7HTwdcAiOasx3uNZt4ZxnTpVyJEno3TnRvZ5KbED5zvbHIcUAN4nds6rb1hDHNdIkxBcl1abHK5Q-tjEy6zAjUg30VizylW9ms_nM4n-GnglMv22I5gK6d6V8qfASnnBZ6IOmjbctfN1L8UxWDvrN0ti20enl7NPp60XGajFP6x3U0LRGKuCmgoIyG-VXg=w212-h163-no?authuser=0

1 hour ago, TheSanDiegan said:

May I ask for your thoughts on the MAGA movement after this week's events?

Best case, the find a new leader with similar goals, integrity, tenacity and a backbone, articulate, willing to work with opposition in best interest in the country as opposed to teams only.  I don't know who that would be, and it would probably be a pipe dream for them to be elected anyway.  

One of the unfortunate outcomes of current censorship, cancel culture, and polarized mainstream media is people will congregate with like-minded people.  This is the case on both sides.  Conservative people will move towards parler and newsmax.  As they retreat, a similar phenomenon occurs in the other places because of omission of other points of view.  Even on campus, there's no tolerance for conservative speaker to come on campus nowadays. When one is invited, the meeting is shut down intentionally but people who won't even listen. Civil debate in our society is disappearing fast.  Media and many other things are stirring up division instead of trying to find some common ground and work for the overall good.  

Even bigger picture, I don't see anything short of a miracle that will bring us as a society closer together. I hope I'm wrong, but I have a sense that things are going to get worse.  Even on this board, sometimes it is suggested we should get together for a beer; however, there is a significant amount of corrosive discourse focused on genitalia / sexual assault, false accusations of racism and fascism. We should all treat each other better on this board, regardless of opinion. I'm preaching to myself first, as I don't always practice what I preach.

110926run_defense710.jpg

23 minutes ago, modestobulldog said:

Best case, the find a new leader with similar goals, integrity, tenacity and a backbone, articulate, willing to work with opposition in best interest in the country as opposed to teams only.  I don't know who that would be, and it would probably be a pipe dream for them to be elected anyway.  

One of the unfortunate outcomes of current censorship, cancel culture, and polarized mainstream media is people will congregate with like-minded people.  This is the case on both sides.  Conservative people will move towards parler and newsmax.  As they retreat, a similar phenomenon occurs in the other places because of omission of other points of view.  Even on campus, there's no tolerance for conservative speaker to come on campus nowadays. When one is invited, the meeting is shut down intentionally but people who won't even listen. Civil debate in our society is disappearing fast.  Media and many other things are stirring up division instead of trying to find some common ground and work for the overall good.  

Even bigger picture, I don't see anything short of a miracle that will bring us as a society closer together. I hope I'm wrong, but I have a sense that things are going to get worse.  Even on this board, sometimes it is suggested we should get together for a beer; however, there is a significant amount of corrosive discourse focused on genitalia / sexual assault, false accusations of racism and fascism. We should all treat each other better on this board, regardless of opinion. I'm preaching to myself first, as I don't always practice what I preach.

I appreciate your candid and honest thoughts, and my bad for not more clearly articulating my question, but I'm more curious to hear how you would characterize the MAGA movement in light of this week's events?

St-Javelin-Sm.jpgChase.jpg 

29 minutes ago, TheSanDiegan said:

I appreciate your candid and honest thoughts, and my bad for not more clearly articulating my question, but I'm more curious to hear how you would characterize the MAGA movement in light of this week's events?

In the middle of washing the cars, my initial thoughts are manipulated (from both left and the right) and misguided.

110926run_defense710.jpg