Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bornontheblue

I would like to apologize publicly

Just now, bornontheblue said:

Posters here used to go on and on about what a terrible person Trump was, and I just rolled my eyes. 

He is the vile human being y'all said he was. 

I am sorry. 

You’ve made this clear man, it’s all good. I appreciate you hopping off that train, it takes a good and smart person to do that. 

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

2 minutes ago, bornontheblue said:

Posters here used to go on and on about what a terrible person Trump was, and I just rolled my eyes. 

I am sorry. 

I'd like to apologize too. I'd pegged you as a blind follower. I was wrong. Cheers man. 

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

24 minutes ago, bornontheblue said:

I am sorry. 

There is no need to apologize. It was self evident he was a shitty person from the start but many people supported him due to their own interests. I defended him a few months ago when everyone was comparing him to Hitler, which to me was just crazy.

They were right and I was wrong, my take aged like milk. He's so much crazier and dangerous than I realized. I know deep down that you knew Trump was not a good person. I knew he was a scumbag but I still voted for him in 2016. The biggest problem It's that people have become so encased in their echo chambers that they are unable to determine reality from fantasy, fact from fiction. I fear that Trump is just the first of many. 

Just now, Los_Aztecas said:

There is no need to apologize. It was self evident he was a shitty person from the start but many people supported him due to their own interests. I defended him a few months ago when everyone was comparing him to Hitler, which to me was just crazy.

They were right and I was wrong, my take aged like milk. He's so much crazier and dangerous than I realized.  know deep down that you knew Trump was not a good person. I knew he was a scumbag but I still voted for him in 2016. The biggest problem It's that people have become so encased in their echo chambers that they are unable to determine reality from fantasy, fact from fiction. I fear that Trump is just the first of many. 

I know people who are rationalizing trumps rhetoric urging them to attack the capitol building. I know many people who still think Trump will find a way to get a second term. We are about to see mass cases of cognitive dissonance in the next few weeks. 

i don't think you have anything to apologize for, either.  but i did also have you pegged as a blind follower.  i can definitely see that was not true.  

there is plenty to like about and fight for with respect to conservatism in general.  keep being a good egg.

10 minutes ago, Nevada6077 said:

I want to hear bob say that he was wrong! Even Convict i think would say he made a mistake!  I would like to tell Bob that the ship has sailed on old crusty white males controlling OUR country!

We just elected an old crusty white male. 

1 hour ago, bornontheblue said:

I am sorry.

Admitting you have changed your opinion is all that you need to do. There is no need to apologize for your original opinion changing as you received more information.

Guest #1Stunner

I found it hard to believe that the guy would actually try to overturn the election if he lost.  I was wrong on that point---he actually did!!

I had no problem with him having his day in Court, and bringing legal challenges, up to the first week of December.   But those failed, and he needed to accept the loss.

But this clown actually did try to orchestrate a coup of sorts (calling on Mike Pence to overturn the election), and incited a riot with his rally organized on the day of the electoral college vote.

Mitt Romney is correct----the guy is more worried about his ego than the Country.

31 minutes ago, FresnoFacts said:

Admitting you have changed your opinion is all that you need to do. There is no need to apologize for your original opinion changing as you received more information.

Wait!  I want to know if this has caused you to think about that other things we might be saying are also true!

(Too soon?)

2 hours ago, renoskier said:

+1

We're all Americans.

While true in the factual sense, not true in the philosophical/cultural sense. Anyone seeking to shred the Constitution to keep a rejected President in power is not an American.

The people draping themselves in the flag while seeking to usurp the will of the people are unAmerican. We cannot lose sight of that.

Props to born for his post. While he did not need to apologize, doing so shows courage, not just to others but to himself. Courage is something that has been in very short supply lately, especially from our leaders.

3 hours ago, bornontheblue said:

I am sorry. 

Solid dude.  Takes a heck of a person to stand up and say what you did.  I’m impressed.  

2 hours ago, bornontheblue said:

I know people who are rationalizing trumps rhetoric urging them to attack the capitol building. I know many people who still think Trump will find a way to get a second term. We are about to see mass cases of cognitive dissonance in the next few weeks. 

It’s why I think Trump must be impeached and disqualified from office.  The views of his supporters haven’t changed.  

keep in mind....

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beer_Hall_Putsch

1 hour ago, #1Stunner said:

I found it hard to believe that the guy would actually try to overturn the election if he lost.  I was wrong on that point---he actually did!!

I had no problem with him having his day in Court, and bringing legal challenges, up to the first week of December.   But those failed, and he needed to accept the loss.

But this clown actually did try to orchestrate a coup of sorts (calling on Mike Pence to overturn the election), and incited a riot with his rally organized on the day of the electoral college vote.

Mitt Romney is correct----the guy is more worried about his ego than the Country.

It really is a Putsch.   A coup is much more organized.   

3 hours ago, bornontheblue said:

I am sorry. 

I've noticed how your position on Trump has gradually evolved and tried to understand.

The state of Idaho took in my immigrant grandfather who had basically nothing to his name but the clothes on his back and allowed Grandpa to use his potato-farming background in Ukraine to raise a family and become an American citizen. Both he and Mom were wonderful people and I'm honestly getting a bit choked up typing this. I've been all over the West and can say from that there are no better people than Idahoans and it really saddens me how many of them were taken in by the BS of Donald Trump.