Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

soupslam1

Big Changes Coming

9 minutes ago, soupslam1 said:

With the Democrats controlling the executive and congress we’re in for some big changes. Medicare for all high among them. There will be a litany of others. 

Pelosi didn't even have the gumption to strongarm Richard Neal over surprise billing and you think she's ramming medicare for all through? Give me a break.  The most they'll get out of Biden's 2 years with a trifecta is some checks and redoing the Voting Rights Act.

I wish dems were a tenth as cool as you think they are.

6 minutes ago, soupslam1 said:

With the Democrats controlling the executive and congress we’re in for some big changes. Medicare for all high among them. There will be a litany of others. 

Joe Biden said he would veto Medicare for all, so what the fvck are you talking about?

2 minutes ago, East Coast Aztec said:

Hopefully ending the wars and black ops and bombings all over the damn world is high on that to-do list.  Healthcare should be on the list too.  Mental health as well.

With the defense budget sure to be slashed, our foes will see us as weaker. I believe our foes also saw Trump as unpredictable and didn’t want to push things too far. Unfortunately I see more wars in our future. 

If one of those big changes is that he will not incite a violent mob to storm the capitol in an effort to fraudulently overturn an election, I think we'll all be fine. Bar is low when you are following the worst president in at least the last 150 years.

With the defense budget sure to be slashed, our foes will see us as weaker. I believe our foes also saw Trump as unpredictable and didn’t want to push things too far. Unfortunately I see more wars in our future. 

We will be at war with China in the next 15 years whether we like it or not. 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

3 minutes ago, soupslam1 said:

They can slash it 20% and we would still outspend everyone by a drastic degree.  No one is invading us, and we are not going to be stopping cybernetic defense investments.  We are typically in wars because we chose to be in them, usually for bad reasons in hindsight.  Russia and China are going to do the same shit we have seen them do forever.  I don't see a war with those two, and I don't see another country trying to start anything that would actually galvanize Americans together.  Especially if we stop giving some folks reason to hate us through killing and military imperialism.  

You think our foreign adversaries saw what happened yesterday and thought, "boy, we better not mess with them?"

Just now, mugtang said:

We will be at war with China in the next 15 years whether we like it or not. 

I see an economic war, not a military war.  Only other instance if they try to create a political like we saw in the post-WWII wars of Korea and Vietnam when we had to fight the commies.  So unless we are to go back to that mindstate, I am less concerned with it.

1 minute ago, East Coast Aztec said:

They can slash it 20% and we would still outspend everyone by a drastic degree.  No one is invading us, and we are not going to be stopping cybernetic defense investments.  We are typically in wars because we chose to be in them, usually for bad reasons in hindsight.  Russia and China are going to do the same shit we have seen them do forever.  I don't see a war with those two, and I don't see another country trying to start anything that would actually galvanize Americans together.  Especially if we stop giving some folks reason to hate us through killing and military imperialism.  

I hope you’re right. 

13 minutes ago, soupslam1 said:

lmfao weaker than police letting in domestic terrorists to disrupt the last step in the election of the president?

edited- they weren't disorganized. they've been planning this for years. 

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

I expect gun control will be a priority for this Congress. I hope not. If the Dems are smart they will stay away from it. But I’m not holding my breath.

Just now, sean327 said:

I expect gun control will be a priority for this Congress. I hope not. If the Dems are smart they will stay away from it. But I’m not holding my breath.

They won't be able to do anything like that, even if they tried. With Manchin, they don't have the votes in the senate, even if they killed the filibuster.

4 minutes ago, East Coast Aztec said:

I see an economic war, not a military war.  Only other instance if they try to create a political like we saw in the post-WWII wars of Korea and Vietnam when we had to fight the commies.  So unless we are to go back to that mindstate, I am less concerned with it.

It’s only a matter of time before the 2 biggest dogs in the yard fight.  China will try to push us out of the western pacific and will attempt to take Taiwan.

Although it’s possible Russia and China go to blows before that happens.  

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

Just now, NVGiant said:

They won't be able to do anything like that, even if they tried. With Manchin, they don't have the votes in the senate, even if they killed the filibuster.

Let’s hope so.

9 minutes ago, sean327 said:

FWIW while the liberals still want gun control, the leftists kinda emphatically do not, now. 

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard.