AztecSU

College Football Playoff in Decline?

39 minutes ago, renoskier said:

An expanded playoff would be great. Depriving yourself of watching two great football teams won't get us any closer.

Oh but it will, if the CFP puts up crap numbers again next year with the same model it will accelerate change since we all know $$$ and Legacy are the two things driving the sport. 

3 hours ago, Wyovanian said:

If Jerry Jones owned a college team, they'd suck too...

Who's your pro team again??

Well, I'm just going to assume you're an Eagle fan - it makes so much sense:

4tq53j.jpg

@VandalPride97, you too, buddy..

:USFlag:

12 minutes ago, Jeffkills said:

Who's your pro team again??

Well, I'm just going to assume you're an Eagle fan - it makes so much sense:

@VandalPride97, you too, buddy..

:USFlag:

Every damn year you cowboy drama queens crawl out from under various rocks...

• Cheers 1
21 hours ago, Poisestate said:

Ratings are going to keep dropping as this farce of a system continues.  There is no more UN-AMERICAN post season in all of sports IMHO.

This needs to change and it needs to change now...

The wealthy benefit from a rigged system. Sounds very American to me.

On 1/7/2021 at 10:19 AM, renoskier said:

You don't enjoy watching the best teams? 

If CFB playoffs were expanded to 16 you would still get to see the best teams.  Some will say that the same 5 to 6 teams will be in the final 4 each year anyway.  That's great, but expansion is not about the 5 or so teams that are there year in and year out.  It gives other programs a fighting chance to get better with playoff appearances.  CFB needs a dose of parity, similar to what happened to college BB.  NCAA tourney is still the best playoff around and the includes the NFL.  JMHO

Personally I'm tired of seeing the SEC teams every year in the playoffs.  I don't see it changing anytime soon.

On 1/7/2021 at 12:38 PM, Jack Bauer said:

They need to go to 16 with 6 at large and all FBS conference champions. 

First game at home of higher ranked seed around a week before Christmas. Then contract the rest thru the bowls how it is now after Christmas.

Agreed.

What they have now is boring.

The top schools like Alabama also don't run an interesting offense or defense.  They basically just rely on pure athletic superiority.  QB chucks it up for the WRs.

• Like 1
On 1/7/2021 at 11:27 AM, renoskier said:

Do you favor the talked about a "split" between the top echelon of CFB and the also-rans?

I favor taking 89 teams and then splitting.

BIG, SEC, PAC-12, ACC, Big 12, (Notre Dame, BYU, Hawaii, Navy and Army) = 68

Plus take the top 20 other G5 teams.

(Teams in parentheses would be Indy)

57 minutes ago, Hoser said:

If CFB playoffs were expanded to 16 you would still get to see the best teams.  Some will say that the same 5 to 6 teams will be in the final 4 each year anyway.  That's great, but expansion is not about the 5 or so teams that are there year in and year out.  It gives other programs a fighting chance to get better with playoff appearances.  CFB needs a dose of parity, similar to what happened to college BB.  NCAA tourney is still the best playoff around and the includes the NFL.  JMHO

Personally I'm tired of seeing the SEC teams every year in the playoffs.  I don't see it changing anytime soon.

I'm 100% for an expanded playoff, doesn't mean I'm not going to enjoy the games we have now.

Mostly I just like to make fun of the snowflakes who feel the need to share their aggrievement.

50 minutes ago, Ibanez said:

I favor taking 89 teams and then splitting.

BIG, SEC, PAC-12, ACC, Big 12, (Notre Dame, BYU, Hawaii, Navy and Army) = 68

Plus take the top 20 other G5 teams.

(Teams in parentheses would be Indy)

And what if the split leaves all of us, including Boise, out of the top echelon. 

1 hour ago, Hoser said:

In NCAA Basketball you get to follow the journey, Duke overcame injuries, narrowly survives a scrappy Winthrop team in the 2nd round, goes on a tear from the 3 point line in the Sweet 16, and so forth.  Such that by the Final 4, you're invested in the teams, their story and the outcome.

NCAA Football, no one really follow the regular season if it's not their team that closely.  There's no really big story going in.   "How good is Ohio State" and "Will ND get blown out again" can be answered in a half.  I can watch good football on Sundays, I don't feel compelled to watch two dynastic powers play again.