Jump to content
toonkee

Today's Assault on Constitutional Democracy Gamethread

Recommended Posts

9 minutes ago, Joe from WY said:

You linked a vague blurb off an NPS website. I looked. So again. Tell me more about these pollutant filled operations going on up there. 

If you have an issue with how the NPS identifies the pollutants that cause the poor air quality in the Redwoods take it up with them.

Sorry not going to buy your "you do not know the area" line after you just got your pants taken off with your insane takes about those two California wilderness areas being more in one case and just as in another as anything in Idaho.

Every wilderness blog and website says you were talking at out ass, while also trying to pretend to be an authority.  

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

This was a lot of fun guys.

 

It was. I will end it by saying that what we individually consider "remote" is going to be shaped by our own experiences and perceptions. While i do agree that much of California isnt as "remote" as Idaho, there are still areas that are in that league. Even someplace like Big Sur which still to this day is rendered cut off from the world fpr months at a time because the road falls into the ocean periodically. 

That said we all have our own subjective definitions of the term so I dont know that we'll ever be in full agreement as to what "most remote" is. It means different things to different people. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, happycamper said:

wyoming has more mammals

and birds

and fish

so have fun with your vascular plants mr "fishing is the greatest thing ever I love wildlife"

 

WTF are you talking about?  Wyoming has 22 species of fish.  Idaho has over 80.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Joe from WY said:

It was. I will end it by saying that what we individually consider "remote" is going to be shaped by our own experiences and perceptions. While i do agree that much of California isnt as "remote" as Idaho, there are still areas that are in that league. Even someplace like Big Sur which still to this day is rendered cut off from the world fpr months at a time because the road falls into the ocean periodically. 

That said we all have our own subjective definitions of the term so I dont know that we'll ever be in full agreement as to what "most remote" is. It means different things to different people. 

 

I love you homie.  Would be my honest pleasure to take you on a wolf watching/shroom eating trip in a high mountain Idaho meadow.

But +++++ Mordor.

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

 

WTF are you talking about?  Wyoming has 22 species of fish.  Idaho has over 80.

 

Not according to your OWN LINK mr bluerules

Table J. Freshwater Fish Diversity and Risk Table J. Freshwater Fish Diversity and Risk ter Fish Diversity and Risk RANK STATE # SPECIES RANK STATE % AT RISK 1 Alabama 284 1 Arizona 85.7% 2 Tennessee 283 2 Hawaii 80.0% 3 Georgia 250 3 Utah 60.7% 4 Kentucky 230 4 Nevada 56.3% 5 Mississippi 209 5 California 50.0% 6 North Carolina 206 6 New Mexico 48.1% 7 Arkansas 203 7 Oregon 29.2% 8 Virginia 202 8 Texas 23.4% 9 Missouri 200 9 Tennessee 21.6% 10 Indiana 189 10 Idaho 19.0% 11 Illinois 188 10 Alabama 19.0% 12 Texas 175 12 Colorado 18.8% 13 Oklahoma 171 13 Georgia 16.8% 14 Pennsylvania 163 14 Wyoming 16.1% 15 Louisiana 160 15 Kentucky 14.8% 16 New York 159 16 Virginia 14.4% 17 West Virginia 151 17 Arkansas 14.3% 18 Ohio 148 18 North Carolina 13.6% 19 Wisconsin 146 19 Indiana 11.1% 20 Iowa 139 20 Missouri 11.0% 21 Michigan 137 21 Ohio 10.1% 22 Florida 136 22 Illinois 9.6% 23 Minnesota 135 22 Mississippi 9.6% 24 Kansas 121 22 Florida 9.6% 25 South Carolina 120 25 Louisiana 9.4% 26 Maryland 89 25 Oklahoma 9.4% 26 South Dakota 89 27 West Virginia 9.3% 28 Nebraska 87 28 Montana 8.9% 28 North Dakota 87 29 Michigan 8.8% 30 Vermont 81 30 Kansas 8.3% 31 New Jersey 67 31 Pennsylvania 8.0% 32 District of Columbia 65 32 Washington 7.8% 32 Oregon 65 33 New York 7.5% 34 California 62 34 Iowa 7.2% 34 Delaware 62 35 Nebraska 6.9% 36 Montana 56 35 North Dakota 6.9% 36 Wyoming 56 37 Minnesota 6.7% 38 Maine 54 37 South Carolina 6.7% 38 New Mexico 54 39 Wisconsin 6.2% 40 Washington 51 40 New Hampshire 6.0% 41 New Hampshire 50 41 South Dakota 5.6% 42 Colorado 48 41 Maine 5.6% 42 Nevada 48 43 Rhode Island 5.4% 44 Connecticut 46 44 Alaska 4.5% 44 Massachusetts 46 44 Maryland 4.5% 46 Alaska 44 46 Connecticut 4.3% 47 Idaho 42 46 Massachusetts 4.3% 48 Rhode Island 37 48 District of Columbia 3.1% 49 Arizona 28 49 New Jersey 3.0% 49 Utah 28 50 Vermont 2.5% 51 Hawaii 5 51 Delaware 1.6% Source: NatureServe Central Databases, April 2002

and no I will not format that for you

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

If you have an issue with how the NPS identifies the pollutants that cause the poor air quality in the Redwoods take it up with them.

Sorry not going to buy your "you do not know the area" line after you just got your pants taken off with your insane takes about those two California wilderness areas being more in one case and just as in another as anything in Idaho.

Every wilderness blog and website says you were talking at out ass, while also trying to pretend to be an authority.  

 

 

 

You dont know the area though. It's very clear. And there's nothing wrong with that but you trying to present as some authority bc you can click google links is hilarious. 

Remote to me and remote to you are two totally different things. 

Btw. There arent mines or serious logging in that area. There used to be but not in 30+ years. Thats why I laughed at that link. It was true at one point in time though not anymore. I mean the pulp mill in Eureka is closed even. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, happycamper said:

Not according to your OWN LINK mr bluerules

Table J. Freshwater Fish Diversity and Risk Table J. Freshwater Fish Diversity and Risk ter Fish Diversity and Risk RANK STATE # SPECIES RANK STATE % AT RISK 1 Alabama 284 1 Arizona 85.7% 2 Tennessee 283 2 Hawaii 80.0% 3 Georgia 250 3 Utah 60.7% 4 Kentucky 230 4 Nevada 56.3% 5 Mississippi 209 5 California 50.0% 6 North Carolina 206 6 New Mexico 48.1% 7 Arkansas 203 7 Oregon 29.2% 8 Virginia 202 8 Texas 23.4% 9 Missouri 200 9 Tennessee 21.6% 10 Indiana 189 10 Idaho 19.0% 11 Illinois 188 10 Alabama 19.0% 12 Texas 175 12 Colorado 18.8% 13 Oklahoma 171 13 Georgia 16.8% 14 Pennsylvania 163 14 Wyoming 16.1% 15 Louisiana 160 15 Kentucky 14.8% 16 New York 159 16 Virginia 14.4% 17 West Virginia 151 17 Arkansas 14.3% 18 Ohio 148 18 North Carolina 13.6% 19 Wisconsin 146 19 Indiana 11.1% 20 Iowa 139 20 Missouri 11.0% 21 Michigan 137 21 Ohio 10.1% 22 Florida 136 22 Illinois 9.6% 23 Minnesota 135 22 Mississippi 9.6% 24 Kansas 121 22 Florida 9.6% 25 South Carolina 120 25 Louisiana 9.4% 26 Maryland 89 25 Oklahoma 9.4% 26 South Dakota 89 27 West Virginia 9.3% 28 Nebraska 87 28 Montana 8.9% 28 North Dakota 87 29 Michigan 8.8% 30 Vermont 81 30 Kansas 8.3% 31 New Jersey 67 31 Pennsylvania 8.0% 32 District of Columbia 65 32 Washington 7.8% 32 Oregon 65 33 New York 7.5% 34 California 62 34 Iowa 7.2% 34 Delaware 62 35 Nebraska 6.9% 36 Montana 56 35 North Dakota 6.9% 36 Wyoming 56 37 Minnesota 6.7% 38 Maine 54 37 South Carolina 6.7% 38 New Mexico 54 39 Wisconsin 6.2% 40 Washington 51 40 New Hampshire 6.0% 41 New Hampshire 50 41 South Dakota 5.6% 42 Colorado 48 41 Maine 5.6% 42 Nevada 48 43 Rhode Island 5.4% 44 Connecticut 46 44 Alaska 4.5% 44 Massachusetts 46 44 Maryland 4.5% 46 Alaska 44 46 Connecticut 4.3% 47 Idaho 42 46 Massachusetts 4.3% 48 Rhode Island 37 48 District of Columbia 3.1% 49 Arizona 28 49 New Jersey 3.0% 49 Utah 28 50 Vermont 2.5% 51 Hawaii 5 51 Delaware 1.6% Source: NatureServe Central Databases, April 2002

and no I will not format that for you

 

Yeah, native game fish and species introduced for game.

Idaho has 83 due to stocking.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

 

Yeah, native game fish and species introduced for game.

Idaho has 83 due to stocking.

 

so are we counting tigers as part of california's wildlife cuz they're in the san diego zoo?

Just now, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Now where in the hell did we land on fry sauce?

it's dumb and bad, same place we landed last time

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, happycamper said:

so are we counting tigers as part of california's wildlife cuz they're in the san diego zoo?

it's dumb and bad, same place we landed last time

 

Can people swim with and catch tigers on public lands?

Fry sauce is amazing.  

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

 

Can people swim with and catch tigers on public lands?

in happy's america you can sure try

10 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Fry sauce is amazing.  

 

at melting brains maybe

8 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

But @happycamper would ANYBODY argue Texas has superior wildlife and wilderness than Alaska because of biodiversity metrics?  Texas #2 Alaso at #50

Yes. jaguars are +++++in rad

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, happycamper said:

Texas  has had 3/4 of those and now I'm sad quit bumming me out I want to see brown bear vs jaguar fights

 

There is simply no way a jaguar could win a fight against a griz.

Speaking of blues...

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

 

40 million people and not one can make good fry sauce.

 

 

6 hours ago, smltwnrckr said:

Actually, I would put money on the fact that someone in California makes and sells better fry sauce than you get in Afghanistan or Wyoming or wherever it's from. 

That's how we roll out here. It's why everyone hates us. 

It just happened!! In my kitchen! Made a Philly cheese steak style, turkey breast sammich for dinner. Don't know why, but decided to add original steak sauce to my usual mayo and mustard spread. And let me tell you....HMHB, you would love it. Scooped up some of the runoff with some Idaho rounds, yum!!! Damn good fry sauce!

  • Cheers 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.




×
×
  • Create New...