toonkee

Today's Assault on Constitutional Democracy Gamethread

3 minutes ago, toonkee said:

It also seems at times it's street by street. You can be "okay" on some street with coffee shops, restaurants, hotels, etc and you go around the block and your like holy crap I'm going to get murdered by that guy pooping in the road.

Not if I poop on the road more than he does! I'll show him who the alpha is!

1 hour ago, renoskier said:

Works the same way with traffic. Anytime I think it's getting bad in Reno, a trip to the Bay area "resets" my standards.

Totally...anytime I hear someone complaining about Vegas traffic I know they've never been to pretty much any other city.  We may have the worst schools and no museums but gosh dangit we got wide roads and ample parking like nobody.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Joe from WY said:

Gotta say @halfmanhalfbronco, the Mid-Market area of San Francisco between the hours of midnight and 5AM is on par with any "wilderness" you'd encounter anywhere. Isolation, depravity, danger at every corner, etc. Makes the Church look like a city park.

I'm not afraid of any animals in the Church.  That sounds far more dangerous.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Joe from WY said:

Gotta say @halfmanhalfbronco, the Mid-Market area of San Francisco between the hours of midnight and 5AM is on par with any "wilderness" you'd encounter anywhere. Isolation, depravity, danger at every corner, etc. Makes the Church look like a city park.

Could take you to the south side of Chicago and there would be a 90% chance of getting shot at.  

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, happycamper said:

kinda makes me want to have had the opportunity to explore Rome in, say, 1400 AD. 

I mean I'd probably get my throat slit by bandits in 5 minutes but seeing a world city that had been decaying for 1000 years, turning into wilderness, would be a unique experience. 

Rome around the time of Machiavelli was pretty nuts.  You were either a Bishop, Cardinal one of their whores or a peasant. 

1 minute ago, tailingpermit said:

Could take you to the south side of Chicago and there would be a 90% chance of getting shot at.  

Depends on the neighborhood.  South Side covers a lot of territory.

It gives me a headache just trying to think down to your level

21 minutes ago, RSF said:

Depends on the neighborhood.  South Side covers a lot of territory.

We had a foreclosure in Englewood once, the owner died and no one in his family wanted the house.  Within a month all the windows were broken into and the inside of the house was gutted, then they set it on fire.  Then once the house was gone they started throwing trash on the property, the city started fining.  Luckily we were able to donate the property to a local church.  

26 minutes ago, Joe from WY said:

I wouldn't doubt it. Chiraq is crazy. It's getting crazier and crazier here, though. I saw a dead body on the street the other day with some police tape around it and a couple disinterested looking cops standing around...and people just walked around it like it was a bunch of trash that someone had forgotten to move. It was wild.

Are homeless people still randomly taking a shit on the sidewalks?

Not sure about homeless people crapping on the street but our friends who live in Nob Hill say car break-ins have diminished substantially from what they were several years ago.

Eventually even people who are far left politically get fed up and won't take it anymore and demand that the police do something. We had a similar occurrence in our L.A. neighborhood. We live only a couple blocks from the 101 and pre-COVID there was a virtual homeless community in the underpass by our place facilitated by the city placing a couple outhouses and a washup station across the street. Legit residents tolerated it until one of the homeless started a big fire which almost set ablaze the condo project next to it. Within a couple weeks city maintenance workers moved in and the cops starting arresting people for drug dealing and they moved on.

21 minutes ago, tailingpermit said:

Are homeless people still randomly taking a shit on the sidewalks?

No. Recent surveys indicate that they have begun to form patterns based on complex fractal mathematics. It is unclear whether this is a response to global warming or some alternate phenomena. 

• Haha 2

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

2 minutes ago, 818SUDSFan said:

Not sure about homeless people crapping on the street but our friends who live in Nob Hill say car break-ins have diminished substantially from what they were several years ago.

Eventually even people who are far left politically get fed up and won't take it anymore and demand that the police do something. We had a similar occurrence in our L.A. neighborhood. We live only a couple blocks from the 101 and pre-COVID there was a virtual homeless community in the underpass by our place facilitated by the city placing a couple outhouses and a washup station across the street. Legit residents tolerated it until one of the homeless started a big fire which almost set ablaze the condo project next to it. Within a couple weeks city maintenance workers moved in and the cops starting arresting people for drug dealing and they moved on.

Sounds like the tent city situation in Boise, one day the police just put a fence around the whole thing and then trashed everything that was inside of it.  

• Like 1

11 hours ago, CPslograd said:

don't be the revisionist history guy. it was a fascist insurrection.

• Like 4
  • Cheers 1

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

19 minutes ago, happycamper said:

don't be the revisionist history guy. it was a fascist insurrection.

Solid timeline though.  

Deny involvement

"But what aboutism"

Feign remorse to dupe the weak into forgiveness

Act like it didn't happen  <-- We are here

Ensure it isn't in the history books

Blame it on *insert whoever you don't like* as the actual cause *Already doing this*

• Cheers 7

2 hours ago, East Coast Aztec said:

Solid timeline though.  

Deny involvement

"But what aboutism"

Feign remorse to dupe the weak into forgiveness

Act like it didn't happen  <-- We are here

Ensure it isn't in the history books

Blame it on *insert whoever you don't like* as the actual cause *Already doing this*

Those people are out there and they’re coming for you.