toonkee

Today's Assault on Constitutional Democracy Gamethread

10 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Can people swim with and catch tigers on public lands?

in happy's america you can sure try

10 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Fry sauce is amazing.  

at melting brains maybe

8 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

But @happycamper would ANYBODY argue Texas has superior wildlife and wilderness than Alaska because of biodiversity metrics?  Texas #2 Alaso at #50

Yes. jaguars are +++++in rad

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

Just now, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Grizzly, Cougar, Grey wolf, and freaking polar bear?

Fug outta here.

Texas  has had 3/4 of those and now I'm sad quit bumming me out I want to see brown bear vs jaguar fights

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

1 minute ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Grizzly, Cougar, Grey wolf, and freaking polar bear?

Fug outta here.

but anyway, does alaska even have frogs and snakes? sounds boring 

7 hours ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

40 million people and not one can make good fry sauce.

6 hours ago, smltwnrckr said:

Actually, I would put money on the fact that someone in California makes and sells better fry sauce than you get in Afghanistan or Wyoming or wherever it's from. 

That's how we roll out here. It's why everyone hates us. 

It just happened!! In my kitchen! Made a Philly cheese steak style, turkey breast sammich for dinner. Don't know why, but decided to add original steak sauce to my usual mayo and mustard spread. And let me tell you....HMHB, you would love it. Scooped up some of the runoff with some Idaho rounds, yum!!! Damn good fry sauce!

• Cheers 1

3 hours ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Golden trout are just a genetically inferior evolution of the rainbow.

Sorry, Idaho wilderness shits all over Cali.

Golden trout are amazing. I've caught idaho cutthroat and it was cool. When I catch a golden, it will be a bigger deal.

#BearFlagBestFlag

Planning is an exercise of power, and in a modern state much real power is suffused with boredom. The agents of planning are usually boring; the planning process is boring; the implementation of plans is always boring. In a democracy boredom works for bureaucracies and corporations as smell works for skunk. It keeps danger away. Power does not have to be exercised behind the scenes. It can be open. The audience is asleep. The modern world is forged amidst our inattention.

Idaho Batholith>>>cool looking cactus.

Whys it got to be either/or?

Planning is an exercise of power, and in a modern state much real power is suffused with boredom. The agents of planning are usually boring; the planning process is boring; the implementation of plans is always boring. In a democracy boredom works for bureaucracies and corporations as smell works for skunk. It keeps danger away. Power does not have to be exercised behind the scenes. It can be open. The audience is asleep. The modern world is forged amidst our inattention.

3 hours ago, bsu_alum9 said:

That's kind of the point he is trying to make...

gettyimages-484502016-ccbbe950-aa44-41ba

They still come. Cuz it's better. Objectively. There's a metric to prove it!

The Ceder groves in Idaho in and around the bitterroot selway wilderness are majestic.  

Hemingway had his ashes spread there.  And they are not saturated with people.

People just ignit.

Well, London > Hemingway. North Bay, mother+++++er.

My family owns Cirino's in Grass Valley and Nevada City.  I worked summers there.  I have shared this many times, used to float the Yuba.  I know for a fact northern California is a crowded hell hole compared to most of Idaho.

The yuba sucks. Grass Valley is full of skinheads, and Nevada City is full of shitty hippies. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

@halfmanhalfbronco

I've only spent a little time in idaho and hope to spend some more time in my life. There are things there that you can't find other places. Wonderful things. Glorious things. I had a blast when i was there. But the same is true for California. We do the nature thing better out here than many think. 

• Cheers 1

20 minutes ago, smltwnrckr said:

@halfmanhalfbronco

I've only spent a little time in idaho and hope to spend some more time in my life. There are things there that you can't find other places. Wonderful things. Glorious things. I had a blast when i was there. But the same is true for California. We do the nature thing better out here than many think. 

For sure.  This tangent started with "everything is better in California".  Lot's of great things are in California, and California has beautiful natural features.  But for all the ways that the golden state is "better" than Idaho, the ability to easily get lost in the woods is not one.  Just a thing, a fact, backed up by numbers and things.

9 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

For sure.  This tangent started with "everything is better in California".  Lot's of great things are in California, and California has beautiful natural features.  But for all the ways that the golden state is "better" than Idaho, the ability to easily get lost in the woods is not one.  Just a thing, a fact, backed up by numbers and things.

More people get lost in the woods every year in california than in idaho. 

Sorry, not sorry.

4 hours ago, happycamper said:

also, as I've discussed with @smltwnrckr, humans are wildlife too

Urban wilderness. It's a thing. 

• Cheers 1