toonkee

Today's Assault on Constitutional Democracy Gamethread

5 minutes ago, bsu_alum9 said:

There is a 3000 year old cedar among a grove in Idaho.

WRRossCreekCedars.jpg

The Ceder groves in Idaho in and around the bitterroot selway wilderness are majestic.  

Hemingway had his ashes spread there.  And they are not saturated with people.

People just ignit.

1 minute ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

And flooded with with people and garbage.

Hard pass.

Half Done is famous and less impressive than the Bighorn crags and Sawtooths.  And just flooded with people.  

California may be more biologically diverse but it's wilderness areas pale in comparison.  Worse fishing, more people, smaller areas.

Just facts.

nah. it's spectacular.

also, as I've discussed with @smltwnrckr, humans are wildlife too

6 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

"Beer Bottle Crossing" says...hold my beer.

Not sure no idea what the topography is like around kneeland.  Cell towers depend on line of site.  

nah. that's just interesting. but.. kneeland? +++++ that's a story you can drunkenly laugh about for hours

7 minutes ago, bsu_alum9 said:

There is a 3000 year old cedar among a grove in Idaho.

WRRossCreekCedars.jpg

nice picture of montana

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

Just now, happycamper said:

nah. it's spectacular.

also, as I've discussed with @smltwnrckr, humans are wildlife too

nah. that's just interesting. but.. kneeland? +++++ that's a story you can drunkenly laugh about for hours

nice picture of montana

Nah, it is gross as hell.  Garbage, crowds.  Just pass.

The black death was wildlife too.

Kneeland?  That's just some dudes last name.

The Cedar groves in The bitterroot/selway wilderness are very much Idaho.  That's like saying the Lost Coast is just Oregon.

Wyoming has tiny trout.

Just now, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Nah, it is gross as hell.  Garbage, crowds.  Just pass.

The black death was wildlife too.

Kneeland?  That's just some dudes last name.

The Cedar groves in The bitterroot/selway wilderness are very much Idaho.  That's like saying the Lost Coast is just Oregon.

Wyoming has tiny trout.

eh fishing is boring. Wyoming has pretty spectacular crawdad areas and I get a lot more of a kick doing that than dragging a line. 

When are you going to take me up to the famed wine country of Idaho?

• Like 1

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

2 minutes ago, Joe from WY said:

Wat. 

While not inversions per se, air quality in the Redwoods is a concern and working to be addressed 

"emissions from nearby logging and mining operations, wood smoke, vehicles, power plants, and agriculture can harm the park’s natural and scenic resources such as, surface waters, plants, and visibility. The National Park Service works to address air pollution effects at Redwood NSP, and in parks across the U.S., through science, policy and planning,"

4 minutes ago, happycamper said:

eh fishing is boring. Wyoming has pretty spectacular crawdad areas and I get a lot more of a kick doing that than dragging a line. 

When are you going to take me up to the famed wine country of Idaho?

Eh fishing is everything. 

Wine country?  Now that is boring.

3 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Eh fishing is everything. 

Wine country?  Now that is boring.

I don't care that much about the wine. The kind of rolling coastal Mediterranean plains interspersed with steep forested hills have a kind of hypnotizing landscape to me. 

• Like 2

Just now, Joe from WY said:

Lol. Yeah all the huge scale mining and logging up there. Its like 80s Los Angeles or something...

you sound like someone who's never left Idaho. 

My family owns Cirino's in Grass Valley and Nevada City.  I worked summers there.  I have shared this many times, used to float the Yuba.  I know for a fact northern California is a crowded hell hole compared to most of Idaho.

1 minute ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

My family owns Cirino's in Grass Valley and Nevada City.  I worked summers there.  I have shared this many times, used to float the Yuba.  I know for a fact northern California is a crowded hell hole compared to most of Idaho.

Saying that is descriptive of northern California is like using Nampa as your basis for describing Lake Pend Oreille

4 minutes ago, happycamper said:

I don't care that much about the wine. The kind of rolling coastal Mediterranean plains interspersed with steep forested hills have a kind of hypnotizing landscape to me. 

Yeah, it's like an ugly version of the Camas prairie and the palouse, but again with way more people.  And people are disgusting. 

Camas Prairie Centennial Marsh Wildlife Management Area - Wikipedia

The Palouse - The Seven Wonders of Washington State

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Joe from WY said:

Idaho sucks

Awwww is somebody upset his ridiculous claim that the Trinities and Lost Coast were as remote as anything in Idaho got completely shit on?  Shit on after said person said the other was the ignorant one?

Lulz

2 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Yeah, it's like an ugly version of the Camas prairie and the palouse, but again with way more people.  And people are disgusting. 

Camas Prairie Centennial Marsh Wildlife Management Area - Wikipedia

bud I went to school in Spokane, you aren't going to be able to convince me that the palouse is pretty. Just for that comparison, I'm going to have to ask about the famed Idaho pronghorn population. Is it 2% of Wyoming yet?

So... is Idaho less biologically diverse than any of the states it touches? :hmmm:A casual perusal seems to indicate this is the case.

Just now, Joe from WY said:

Yeah you're so attuned to it you think there's large scale mining and logging up there. Lmao. You must be so familiar with it. 

You best stick to getting outraged about people praising women in the pandemic. 

I mean, the air quality concerns were not from me...Take that up from the people who study it.