toonkee

Today's Assault on Constitutional Democracy Gamethread

This is a good wrap up of how Ashli Bittit, er Babbit literally bit it  - This website is helping identify the seditionists 

The Journey of Ashli Babbitt

https://www.bellingcat.com/news/2021/01/08/the-journey-of-ashli-babbitt/

Ashli Babbitt, a 35-year-old Air Force veteran, was shot and killed by Capitol Police while attempting to enter the Speaker’s Lobby on the second floor of the US Capitol in Washington D.C. on January 6, 2021. Babbitt was part of a thousands-strong mob that stormed the building after the conclusion of the #StopTheSteal rally at the Washington Monument earlier in the day. 

27 minutes ago, sactowndog said:

Let’s hope none of the protestors were active duty troops.  Civil justice will be bad enough but military justice will be severe. 

15 minutes ago, 4UNLV said:

I read an article a couple of days ago that said there were at least 4 or 5 active duty in there, a couple of quotes from them, basically telling the capitol police that 'they've got this'.

Think that once things get known, there were active police & military there. 

Which begs the question, should the planned million militia march really develop & get ugly, which side will some of the active military take should they be called into action?!?! 

46 minutes ago, sactowndog said:

So much misinformation, so many people so easily misled to their own ruin.   

places like the MWCBoard are a treasure.  We should guard it closely and make sure we maintain a diversity of thought.   

We need to get rid of Bob and Convert 

• Haha 1
  • Facepalm 1

Off-duty cops were reported to be a part of the mob (of course) 

• Sad 1
On 12/1/2016 at 12:26 PM, WyomingCoog said:

I own a vehicle likely worth more than everything you own combined and just flew first class (including a ticket for a 2 1/2 year old), round trip to Las Vegas and I'm not 35 yet. When you accomplish something outside of finishing a book, let me know. When's the last time you saw a 2 year old fly first class in their own seat? Don't tell me about elite.  

28 minutes ago, NorCalCoug said:

I’d happily compare IQ’s with you any day of the week.

50 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

I think the "cops treated them differently because they were white" rhetoric should absolutely be dismissed in light of all the videos coming out.  The police chief treating the upcoming event differently because they were white rhetoric has a lot of merit however.

I think another factor far too overlooked in the discussion is the issue of jurisdictional authority. During the George Floyd/BLM protests in DC, Trump exercised his authority to activate the DC National Guard and cross-deputized LEAs based out of state (e.g., Bureau of Prisons, ICE, et al) in anticipation of violent protests.

By contrast, these protestors had the expressed blessing of the CIC, so it was up to local authorities and agencies to respond. I'm thinking that left to the mayor's discretion, in the absence of any intelligence that would indicate an expectation for violence, she wanted to show she was not as heavy-handed as Derp Führer.

It is for this very reason this was, IMO, an failure of epic proportions by DHS. Despite the plethora of posts on MAGA echo chambers explicitly calling for violence - and the recently planned acts of domestic terrorism targeting the governor of Michigan - in their Jan. 4 NTAS bulletin, Chad Wolf said,

At this time there is no specific, credible threat against the homeland. The Department issued this bulletin to inform, share protective measures, and reassure the American public, state and local governments, and private sector partners that the Department of Homeland Security is actively monitoring and preparing for any specific, credible threat, should one arise."

Link

Lol. Give me a f*cking break. Maybe if Acting DHS Secretary Wolf was half as competent as a bag of dicks, the mayor of DC would have had the intel required to be adequately prepared since Donny Dipshit was sitting this one out.

• Like 6
  • Cheers 1

St-Javelin-Sm.jpgChase.jpg 

1 minute ago, TheSanDiegan said:

I think another factor far too overlooked in the discussion is the issue of jurisdictional al authority. During the George Floyd/BLM protests in DC, Trump exercised his authority to activate the DC National Guard and cross-deputized LEAs based out of state (e.g., Bureau of Prisons, ICE, et al) in anticipation of violent protests.

By contrast, these protestors had the explicit blessing of the CIC, so it was up to local authorities and agencies to respond. I'm thinking that left to the mayor's discretion, in the absence of any intelligence that would indicate an expectation for violence, she wanted to show she was not as heavy-handed as Derp Führer.

It is for this very reason this was, IMO, an failure of epic proportions by DHS. Despite the plethora of posts on MAGA echo chambers explicitly calling for violence - and the recently planned acts of domestic terrorism targeting the governor of Michigan - in their Jan. 4 NTAS bulletin, Chad Wolf said,

Link

Lol. Give me a f*cking break. Maybe if Acting DHS Secretary Wolf was half as competent as a bag of dicks, the mayor of DC would have had the intel required to be adequately prepared since Donny Dipshit was sitting this one out.

We can blame the process without blaming the people.

Just now, halfmanhalfbronco said:

We can blame the process without blaming the people.

No. Just as there are individuals that need to be held accountable for their actions on Wednesday, if loyalists turned a blind eye to the potential threat, they should be held accountable as well. I'm not saying he was criminally liable per say, but that he is most f*cking certainly accountable for homeland security. That's his whole job ffs. 

Plus, could you have responded any faster? Maybe let the thoughts rattle around the ol' paint can for, maybe, 15 seconds or something before rapid-firing off a response? :whistle:

This “insurrection” was the most chill insurrection in history. A guy in a buffalo suit sitting with his feet up in the Speakers chair, another smoking a joint under the dome, most of the others walking around taking pictures like tourists. C’mon WTF kind of insurrection was that? 

• Angry 1

37 minutes ago, UNLV2001 said:

Think that once things get known, there were active police & military there. 

Which begs the question, should the planned million militia march really develop & get ugly, which side will some of the active military take should they be called into action?!?! 

Rep. Jason Crow spoke with Army Secretary Ryan McCarthy about the Capitol and the Inauguration.

Crow requested CID investigate troops assigned to the Inauguration for any sympathies toward "domestic terrorists". Secretary McCarthy said there would be additional measures taken.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, soupslam1 said:

This “insurrection” was the most chill insurrection in history. A guy in a buffalo suit sitting with his feet up in the Speakers chair, another smoking a joint under the dome, most of the others walking around taking pictures like tourists. C’mon WTF kind of insurrection was that? 

You sir, are what is wrong.  Insurrection is insurrection.  There are no levels of how bad an insurrection is.  GFTO with your excuses....
...and welcome to the @Nevada Convert @Bob club.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, FresnoFacts said:

Rep. Jason Crow spoke with Army Secretary Ryan McCarthy about the Capitol and the Inauguration.

Crow requested CID investigate troops assigned to the Inauguration for any sympathies toward "domestic terrorists". Secretary McCarthy said there would be additional measures taken.

White supremacist terrorists need to be weeded out of law enforcement at every level. Hopefully Merrick Garland makes that a priority.

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1
On 12/1/2016 at 12:26 PM, WyomingCoog said:

I own a vehicle likely worth more than everything you own combined and just flew first class (including a ticket for a 2 1/2 year old), round trip to Las Vegas and I'm not 35 yet. When you accomplish something outside of finishing a book, let me know. When's the last time you saw a 2 year old fly first class in their own seat? Don't tell me about elite.  

28 minutes ago, NorCalCoug said:

I’d happily compare IQ’s with you any day of the week.

Heres's the NTAS bulletin from January 4th, two days before MAGAmerikka sacked the very nexus of American democracy:

Screen-Shot-2021-01-10-at-8-30-42-PM.png

I get it tho. It's not like there were flyers and shit advertising an organized attempt to illegally break into and occupy the Capitol.

Oh, wait... :whistle:

A digital flyer made public on Instagram and Facebook in December made little secret of the ambitions of some of the people planning to visit Washington on Jan. 6: “Operation Occupy the Capitol.”

Link

5 minutes ago, soupslam1 said:

It was a Putsch.  Germans have a wide range of names for insurrections.  It’s like Eskimo’s with snow :thumbsup:

7 minutes ago, soupslam1 said:

You're a f*cking idiot. Five people died, including a peace officer on duty doing his job. The very seat of our nation's democracy was shit on by MAGAs.

Nice to know none of that means anything to you.

ETA: If it was a joke, my bad. If that's the case, shame on me for overreacting. Oh, and 4/10. :shrug:

7 minutes ago, soupslam1 said:

my dude they went in there to stop the steal.  they went in there to prevent vp pence from certifying the count.  they went in there to forcibly influence politics and put their guy in charge.  how is...  how is that...  like...  ...

sigh

• Like 6