toonkee

Today's Assault on Constitutional Democracy Gamethread

1 minute ago, 818SUDSFan said:

I was going to give you a thumbs up but your second sentence isn't at all for certain. However much some here may hate Sanders, he was running neck and neck with Hillary for much of the primary and I think could have won the nomination. I voted for him in the primary as a means of kicking Hillary in the nuts (she has a pair, you know).

Yeah I refused to vote for Hilary either.  She epitomized sleazy beyond even the normal politicians.   The fact that Hilary and Trump were our choices was pathetic and speaks to the need for a new party. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

1 minute ago, 818SUDSFan said:

I might disagree with some of their politics and actions (if the opposite of a "no-brainer" is a "brainer," choosing Palin was that) but both were/are indeed great men.

Right I don’t have to agree with their politics to have immense respect for them as individuals.  McCain, Romney, Amash.  They are going to come out with their reputations intact.  The rest not so much.  

2 minutes ago, sactowndog said:

Yeah I refused to vote for Hilary either.  She epitomized sleazy beyond even the normal politicians.   The fact that Hilary and Trump were our choices was pathetic and speaks to the need for a new party. 

Thanks for releasing Trump on us........I +++++ing hated Hillary too but I am not insane.

Posted Image

Just now, Akkula said:

Thanks for releasing Trump on us........I +++++ing hated Hillary too but I am not insane.

At that point, I wasn’t sure he would be as bad as I feared.  I also agreed with a number of his policies.   But it quickly became obvious to me he was worse than I feared.  

2 minutes ago, sactowndog said:

At that point, I wasn’t sure he would be as bad as I feared.  I also agreed with a number of his policies.   But it quickly became obvious to me he was worse than I feared.  

Who knows....if we would have voted for Hillary he may have won in 2020.  I always said that I was so happy he beat her because he would deliver unified control of the government to us in 2020.  Hillary would have been stifled with divided government and we probably would have had Republican control now.  

Posted Image

8 minutes ago, sactowndog said:

A-+++++ing-men!!!!!  Her shrill voice and mr. orange man bumbling through every speech... damn there’d better be something better next go around!

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, smltwnrckr said:

What was he tweeting?

Dunno.  They spoke of “recent tweets” and their content.  Added that they said Wednesday that additional violations of Twitter Rules would potentially result in this very course of action...

1 minute ago, Akkula said:

Who knows....if we would have voted for Hillary he may have won in 2020.  I always said that I was so happy he beat her because he would deliver unified control of the government to us in 2020.  Hillary would have been stifled with divided government and we probably would have had Republican control now.  

Trump napalming the Republican party out the door is probably the best outcome for the Democratic party.

4 minutes ago, FresnoFacts said:

Jason Miller stays a loyalist.

That dude has no future anywhere else. 

Planning is an exercise of power, and in a modern state much real power is suffused with boredom. The agents of planning are usually boring; the planning process is boring; the implementation of plans is always boring. In a democracy boredom works for bureaucracies and corporations as smell works for skunk. It keeps danger away. Power does not have to be exercised behind the scenes. It can be open. The audience is asleep. The modern world is forged amidst our inattention.

4 hours ago, BSUTOP25 said:

That’s the thing. Yes, there are racists and bigots on the right. But too often those who are traditional Republicans because of their beliefs on the economy, traditional family values, or more benign things like that, they get lumped in with the worst of the extreme fringe. I know many people who held their noses and voted for Trump simply because they were Republicans, not because they’re racists or bigots. 

4 hours ago, Old_SD_Dude said:

But Trump was always clearly a racist and a bigot, and they voted for him anyway.

2 hours ago, sean327 said:

I beg to differ. Many of my engineer friends are Trump supporters. There are very smart people who drank the Trump Kool-Aid. I don’t think intelligence has anything to do with it.

There something I've notcied about the people that still claim the Republican party (and there are a LOT in Wyoming).

There are your standard issue Republicans. They make a bunch of money, so they vote R because they pay less in taxes. They like sport shooting and have gun collections that have grown through generations, so they don't want to lose any of them because they have sentimental value. They've grown up in churches and above all else HATE abortion because they feel like a fetus is a living thing from the moment of conception. They believe in helping their neighbor through community action that they can be personally involved in, but not in welfare. They are involved in the energy industry so they absolutely do not want any more regulations on natural resources. These aren't evil people. While there are some things in there I disagree with, none of them make me think they're bad people.

Then there are the Trump bootlickers. They believe everything they read on the internet. They latch on to conspiracy theories. They believe without a doubt that they are RIGHT and NO ONE can convince them otherwise. The thing you see in these people most often is that they aren't known for holding down a job if they have to report to someone. They're either self-employed or job hop every few years. I've noticed a common theme with all of these people: they're stupid. They weren't good students because they thought they knew better than their teachers. They loudly spout off an opinion about everything because they are 100% sure they are right. They are weak minded and easily manipulated. They have strong opinions, but they've never had a thought of their own. These idiots are the ones getting whipped into a frenzy. There are still good people in this group, but by and large these are the gun toting, flag waving, "they took our jerbs", 'Murica crowd that has basically become a cult.

The saying "Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups" comes to mind with the latter group.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2
5809184128_5cf90ed7dc_b.jpg

Lindsey Graham accosted (verbally) at the airport today. Lucky for him he had 5 DC police protecting him...

I think outrage regarding this circumstance (Wednesday’s abomination in the Capitol) is a tidal wave that is going to grow to absolutely epic proportions. Timing be damned, the GOP may just vote to impeach.  Then they will have to deal with the fallout with the Trumpers. But deal with it and be done with it - once and for all...

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2