toonkee

Today's Assault on Constitutional Democracy Gamethread

1 minute ago, Posturedoc said:

Amidst all of the pithy takes and the red-pen worthy thought experiments littering this thread right now, we should take a collective breath and consider the single best term to arise from the terrible acts of Nov 6, 2021: riot poopers.

I would like to thank the New York Daily News for the term and @youngredbullfan for bringing it to our attention. 

Petard. Hoisted.

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

8 minutes ago, happycamper said:

look I got so tired of being called "racist" when I said black culture was lazy that I couldn't help but wear a '6 million weren't enough' shirt while storming the capitol!!!!:crying:

It's pc cultures fault I tell you!

I've stopped trying to engage with you for multiple reasons. It isn't worth my time to try and convince you that there could possibly be people who vote Republican that are not mouth breathing racists. 

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

14 minutes ago, BSUTOP25 said:

You’re not grasping what @smltwnrckrand I are saying. 

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/maga-terror-trump-militias_n_5f832f7ec5b62f97bac42a7c?fbclid=IwAR2rTLqETTBDZwq5CTk8pzUZSf6XUXuPAUIFGR9SDmYyW3-7uQ9gBcgK-Os

At one event in Gainesville, Florida, I talked to 28-year-old Colton Fears who explained to me — in a perfect expression of Trumpism that I still think about to this day — why he’d shown up that day. 

“Basically, I’m just fed up with the fact that I’m cisgendered, I’m a white male, and I lean right, toward the Republican side,” Fears said, wearing a pin of the 3rd SS Panzer Division Totenkopf of the Waffen-SS. “And I get demonized if I don’t accept certain things.”

• Facepalm 2

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

Just now, BSUTOP25 said:

I've stopped trying to engage with you for multiple reasons. It isn't worth my time to try and convince you that there could possibly be people who vote Republican that are not mouth breathing racists. 

There are plenty. That isn't the direction the party is going and the racists are winning., like they did for all but about 30 years of our country's history give or take. You're off in your own little world if you think otherwise. 

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

9 minutes ago, BSUTOP25 said:

You’re not grasping what @smltwnrckrand I are saying. 

I understand that there's probably a handful of Republicans who find him reprehensible and just voted for him because of taxes of SCOTUS nominations, but they are not the majority, and that doesn't entirely excuse it.

Donald Trump was not forced on to conservatives, he was embraced by them and it was not for economic reasons. It was because he thought Obama was a secret Kenyan, he wanted to build a wall to keep out rapist Mexicans, and he wanted to ban an entire religious group from The United States.

Trump was not using clever dog whistles, he's just a blatant racist, and it's why he won. 

• Like 7

12 minutes ago, happycamper said:

look I got so tired of being called "racist" when I said black culture was lazy that I couldn't help but wear a '6 million weren't enough' shirt while storming the capitol!!!!:crying:

It's pc cultures fault I tell you!

People should take responsibilities for their choices, absolutely. Those who pulled this garbage will be forced to. I just don't know how helpful it will be to eradicate Trumpism by associating all Trump voters with these scumbags or even all Trump voters who go and cheer at his dumbassery at his rallies. 

• Cheers 1

Planning is an exercise of power, and in a modern state much real power is suffused with boredom. The agents of planning are usually boring; the planning process is boring; the implementation of plans is always boring. In a democracy boredom works for bureaucracies and corporations as smell works for skunk. It keeps danger away. Power does not have to be exercised behind the scenes. It can be open. The audience is asleep. The modern world is forged amidst our inattention.

58 minutes ago, AndroidAggie said:

i am not a lawyer

sure, i'm willing to concede the point that a law broken is a law broken.  if that conclusion is the primary take away, and the one that influences emotional temperature around reaction to that broken law, then we have really missed the point.

I get your point.  Many of the BLM riots had nothing, zero to do with black lives.  See the ones in Portland and Seattle.  They were rioting against corporatism and capitalism.  That's it.

With that said, it is still in no way comparable in gravity to storming the Capital building to stop the peaceful transfer of power, desecrating our hallowed spaces and being whipped into a frenzy by a sitting POTUS to do so.

• Cheers 1

Just now, smltwnrckr said:

People should take responsibilities for their choices, absolutely. Those who pulled this garbage will be forced to. I just don't know how helpful it will be to eradicate Trumpism by associating all Trump voters with these scumbags or even all Trump voters who go and cheer at his dumbassery at his rallies. 

Sever trumpism and republicanism I think is an important goal. If thy remain intertwined, I think trumpism wins. 

@smltwnrckr- good luck man. You've made some very solid points in this thread. Unfortunately it's only a matter of time before you're labeled as a serial lying white supremacist.  

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

1 minute ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

Petard. Hoisted.

Now, now. While still capable of going word-for-word with @smltwnrckr in a single well-argued, deeply researched and extraordinarily written post, when was the last time you actually saw one of those from me? Unlike callow rckr and, often enough you, fellow Pack fan and dullard history buff, I learned my lesson on the Silver & Blue forum that most don’t appreciate detailed posts that counter their gut feeling beliefs, so I changed. Now I find it far more satisfying to only occasionally post mildly insulting personal attacks and humor I am likely the only one laughing at. I spend a fraction of he time I used to proof reading my shit and I sleep better at night. It’s refreshing.

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1
  • Haha 3

6 minutes ago, Posturedoc said:

Now, now. While still capable of going word-for-word with @smltwnrckr in a single well-argued, deeply researched and extraordinarily written post, when was the last time you actually saw one of those from me? Unlike callow rckr and, often enough you, fellow Pack fan and dullard history buff, I learned my lesson on the Silver & Blue forum that most don’t appreciate detailed posts that counter their gut feeling beliefs, so I changed. Now I find it far more satisfying to only occasionally post mildly insulting personal attacks and humor I am likely the only one laughing at. I spend a fraction of he time I used to proof reading my shit and I sleep better at night. It’s refreshing.

We’ll have you shitposting soon enough. Then the armies of Slapdad will have nowhere to hide.

• Cheers 1

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.