Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Nevada Convert

I’m Only Going To Say This Once

I’ve browsed around a bit lately and I’ve seen the usual TDS crowd say the usual inaccurate things. 

1. I voted for Kasich in the 16 primary, and wanted Trump impeached if it meant Kasich taking over. 
2. Out of the gate Trump  did well sticking to his campaign promises and adding a ton of energy to get the issues fixed. So I began to change my mind about him.
3. Despite the stupid gaffes, it became obvious that he was the best choice of the GOP, and obviously the best choice over Hillary. 
4. I highlighted the good things he was doing and defended them and him vs. what would’ve happened with Hill in office. (Supreme Court Dominance by left). 
5. Everyone has seen his 1,000’s of self inflicted paper cuts and we watched him continue to survive them all while working hard to keep his promises. 
6. The GOP looked at what “Bad” Trump had on the table and compared the Prez Hill bad, so the GOP knew that he was the only chance we had, warts and all. 
7. After losing close, his behavior has been pretty much a worse case scenario, and has ruined any chance to run under the GOP. banner ever again. Not to mention the slew of lawsuits that he and his family will get slammed with. 
8. People are burned on Trump, and is massively over-exposed to even his supporters. 
9. His “me-1st” mentality seems to be his worst character failure. That’s obviously become apparent after his loss. In fact it’s so bad that he mostly chooses  to fight voter fraud rather that being concerned about giving big support to the GA campaign to preserve his legacy. That’s turned off a ton of GA indies and GOP. Not to mention Trump threatening the GA Secretary to find more votes for him.  
10. This has led to his defeat and will ironically wipe out everything he’s built up.

11. To voters like me, Trump was a gamble that we had to take, and I’d do it again a 1,000 times over with no strong no good candidate. 

kat.jpg

2 hours ago, Nevada Convert said:

I’ve browsed around a bit lately and I’ve seen the usual TDS crowd say the usual inaccurate things. 

1. I voted for Kasich in the 16 primary, and wanted Trump impeached if it meant Kasich taking over. 
2. Out of the gate Trump  did well sticking to his campaign promises and adding a ton of energy to get the issues fixed. So I began to change my mind about him.
3. Despite the stupid gaffes, it became obvious that he was the best choice of the GOP, and obviously the best choice over Hillary. 
4. I highlighted the good things he was doing and defended them and him vs. what would’ve happened with Hill in office. (Supreme Court Dominance by left). 
5. Everyone has seen his 1,000’s of self inflicted paper cuts and we watched him continue to survive them all while working hard to keep his promises. 
6. The GOP looked at what “Bad” Trump had on the table and compared the Prez Hill bad, so the GOP knew that he was the only chance we had, warts and all. 
7. After losing close, his behavior has been pretty much a worse case scenario, and has ruined any chance to run under the GOP. banner ever again. Not to mention the slew of lawsuits that he and his family will get slammed with. 
8. People are burned on Trump, and is massively over-exposed to even his supporters. 
9. His “me-1st” mentality seems to be his worst character failure. That’s obviously become apparent after his loss. In fact it’s so bad that he mostly chooses  to fight voter fraud rather that being concerned about giving big support to the GA campaign to preserve his legacy. That’s turned off a ton of GA indies and GOP. Not to mention Trump threatening the GA Secretary to find more votes for him.  
10. This has led to his defeat and will ironically wipe out everything he’s built up.

11. To voters like me, Trump was a gamble that we had to take, and I’d do it again a 1,000 times over with no strong no good candidate. 

bail falling GIF by The Runner go90

Posted Image

Hold on....the tap dancing music is coming thru my speakers pretty loudly......

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

Just now, NVGiant said:

TLDR. But is this one of those where Convert tries to convince everybody that he’s a moderate and not a Trump-fellating fool?

Well, I think we all know he was a Trump drooling worshiper. But I’m hoping he takes this as an opportunity to reflect on what he believes. Too naive on my part?

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

Just now, BSUTOP25 said:

Well, I think we all know he was a Trump drooling worshiper. But I’m hoping he takes this as an opportunity to reflect on what he believes. Too naive on my part?

Hmmm. Let’s just say that for self-reflection to be possible, one must first have some self-awareness. 

1 hour ago, BSUTOP25 said:

Maybe you can use this opportunity as a lesson @Nevada Convert. Populism sucks ass. Don’t hitch your wagon to a serial lying narcissistic self-centered authoritarian. 

Do you think the GOP actually learns this lesson? This is the first time in a couple years I think they might actually come out the other end of this with some contrition.

Planning is an exercise of power, and in a modern state much real power is suffused with boredom. The agents of planning are usually boring; the planning process is boring; the implementation of plans is always boring. In a democracy boredom works for bureaucracies and corporations as smell works for skunk. It keeps danger away. Power does not have to be exercised behind the scenes. It can be open. The audience is asleep. The modern world is forged amidst our inattention.

7 hours ago, Nevada Convert said:

Agree on most points. Especially 7-9.  Sadly, I see too many people still clinging to Trump and desperately hoping Trump can manipulate himself into a second term, which he won't. I know people who seriously y think Trump won a second term. They refuse to entertain the idea that Biden won,  and they have no clue that he is out on his ass in a few days. Gonna be a wake up call to these people. 

Trump did some good things, he did lots of stupid things, especially these last few weeks. I am no fan of Biden, but I am ready to turn the page. 

I don't get the hostile behavior towards @Nevada Convert. He is a long time resident here who has an opinion, just like the rest of us. I have been paying attention to this for a while now and certainly see nothing deserving of the vitriol directed at him. What am I missing ? 

1 minute ago, bornontheblue said:

I don't get the hostile behavior towards @Nevada Convert. He is a long time resident here who has an opinion, just like the rest of us. I have been paying attention to this for a while now and certainly see nothing deserving of the vitriol directed at him. What am I missing ? 

What Are You Doing Reaction GIF

Here's a commemorative photo for your wall Convert. So you can always remember.

On 12/1/2016 at 12:26 PM, WyomingCoog said:

I own a vehicle likely worth more than everything you own combined and just flew first class (including a ticket for a 2 1/2 year old), round trip to Las Vegas and I'm not 35 yet. When you accomplish something outside of finishing a book, let me know. When's the last time you saw a 2 year old fly first class in their own seat? Don't tell me about elite.  

28 minutes ago, NorCalCoug said:

I’d happily compare IQ’s with you any day of the week.

9 minutes ago, bornontheblue said:

All that comes from him is the very epitome of "teams and shit." He does not want to discuss any issue in good faith. His posts are largely regurgitations of right wing social media propaganda and lack any substantive thought. Plus he writes 1,000 word posts that never approach a salient point. 

3 minutes ago, SharkTanked said:

All that comes from him is the very epitome of "teams and shit." He does not want to discuss any issue in good faith. His posts are largely regurgitations of right wing social media propaganda and lack any substantive thought. Plus he writes 1,000 word posts that never approach a salient point. 

I disagree with a lot of things people say around here. Is it ok to direct nasty vitriol at someone because you disagree with them? 

Just now, bornontheblue said:

I disagree with a lot of things people say around here. Is it ok to direct nasty vitriol at someone because you disagree with them? 

You don't stomp around like a little baby if someone disagrees with you, spend hours writing deranged paragraph after paragraph spreading fake news and right wing propaganda, then go into hiding when it turns out you were wrong. Convert deserves the punches he because he's out here swingin constantly.

I think, therefore I'm.

5 minutes ago, bornontheblue said:

It's been more of a cumulative effect. I was not opining as to whether I think it is ok or not. Regardless, it has become a cultural norm around here.