Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

halfmanhalfbronco

Air Force academy @ Boise. Round 1.

9 minutes ago, kingpotato said:

The mysterious Mr. Doutrive. Great news if it happens. Another good athlete and shooter can’t hurt. Our five deep guard line of Dennis, Shaver, Akot, Rice and now Doutrive is easily the best and deepest in the MWC. 

5 minutes ago, soupslam1 said:

Great news if it happens. Another good athlete and shooter can’t hurt. 

As much as I love what Rice has done this year, Doutrive will be an upgrade defensively, should be able to shoot just as well and can create his own shot and slash.  He will be an upgrade once he gets comfortable. 

2 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

As much as I love what Rice has done this year, Doutrive will be an upgrade defensively, should be able to shoot just as well and can create his own shot and slash.  He will be an upgrade once he gets comfortable. 

I love how Rice has played this year. Huge jump from last year. Going in to the season, I felt his minutes would be limited this year, but he's earned his miniutes. I hope he still gets 15-20 minutes a game. 

I actually think that Doutrive will cut into Milner's minutes. They've been going "small ball" when Armus is out lately... if you can even call it that. Alston, Akot, Kigab, Doutrive, and either Ray J/Shaver is likely the best 5 you could put out there, and there is plenty of size in that group. It's just crazy to me that there are guys that would have started on any other Boise State team in history that have to come off the bench on this one

6 minutes ago, kingpotato said:

I love how Rice has played this year. Huge jump from last year. Going in to the season, I felt his minutes would be limited this year, but he's earned his miniutes. I hope he still gets 15-20 minutes a game. 

Yeah, that dude is almost averaging double figures off the bench and is doing it really efficiently. He does have some limitations defensively, but also provides some good coaches son intangibles on both ends.

1 hour ago, KingBronco said:

Yeah, that dude is almost averaging double figures off the bench and is doing it really efficiently. He does have some limitations defensively, but also provides some good coaches son intangibles on both ends.

I watched Rice during the SJSU game. That kid is really basketball smart. His positioning on offense and defense no matter where the ball is are excellent. He lacks quickness and hops, but gets by on anticipation and good position. Where they take advantage of him is under the hoop. Kijab is similar but taller and a better athlete. 

2 hours ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Big news here is that Doutrive is now expected to make his debut.  A good team is about to get better.

Really stoked to see the team at full strength. Get armus making point blank shots and look out. 

7 minutes ago, Jalex4141 said:

Really stoked to see the team at full strength. Get armus making point blank shots and look out. 

Local guys talking about Doutrive now. They not only think he'll be one of the best players on the team, but one of the best players in the league

https://www.idahopress.com/blueturfsports/basketball/rich-get-richer-arizona-transfer-devonaire-doutrive-to-make-boise-state-debut-wednesday/article_81105ceb-3127-5dcb-9473-2c90907cc5c2.html

“Devonaire is going to have a huge impact,” Akot said. “I don’t think a lot of people know how good he is. He’s going to make our offense a lot harder to guard because you can’t keep him in front and he’s so dynamic. He can do so many things on the floor.”

“He gives you another guy who can put a ton of pressure on the defense with how he gets into creases and cracks and he can really shoot too,” Rice said. “It’s just another great offensive weapon and with his athleticism I anticipate him being another great defender.”

Can't wiat to see him. He was thought by many to be the gem of all the transfers. Anyone with any level of access to the team all says the same thing. He is going to be a big time player in this league