Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mundyc3

UNLV Recruit Zaon Collins Arrested, DUI Crash With Fatality

3 hours ago, thedude15 said:

To be far those aren't exactly isane citations. What 16 year not paying attention when driving (probably looking at phone?), 17 year old speeding, 18 year old speeding, 19 year old driving on wrong side of one way.

Yeah my driving record from 16-19 years old was about the same. (Minus the potential vehicular manslaughter DUI)

3 hours ago, thedude15 said:

To be far those aren't exactly isane citations. What 16 year not paying attention when driving (probably looking at phone?), 17 year old speeding, 18 year old speeding, 19 year old driving on wrong side of one way (this happens more than you would think especially if inexperienced and not use to driving on one way streets BUT it kinda odd you would get a citation. I mean most people say oh sh*t when they turn the wrong way on one way and immediately try to turn around, so even if  cop does pull them over they usually just get a warning for the mistake). BUT getting 4 of them does raise a pretty big flag. 

I don't think Collins should he judged too harshly for his rap-sheet...Pretty small potatoes. Whatever happened to getting teenagers shitty cars to cut their teeth with? He probably got the Challenger brand new in 16' as a Freshman gift at BG... Putting teenagers behind the wheel of a 500hp+ sportscar is a recipe for disaster. Before any of us get on our high horse, I think all of us have gone vroom vroom at least a few times in our life...  Plus the cops see a kid under 20 driving a shiny sports car and they're not going to cut him any slack. 

This situation was a tragedy all-around---Not to be insensitive, but it is ironic a kid with such a bright future to possibly make millions, ruined it by killing a janitor. One life is not more important than another, doesn't matter who it is. Hopefully the family gets justice and Collins pays for his mistake. 

Rebel18_zps27699187.gif

On 1/4/2021 at 2:25 PM, Rebels18 said:

More likely Bishop Gorman, they have more dough than UNLV (matter of fact, they're richer than most D1 schools as well)

They have been one of my cheapest clients over the past 20 years. I have helped design the majority of their campus as well as their athletic facilities and without fail on every new project they ask me to not just reduce my design fees but they ask me to donate them entirely. LOL. 

They hide behind the church thing but the truth is they have an attitude of entitlement, that everyone should just give them everything for free. They do it with every vendor and contractor that has ever worked for them. Their poor man and religious act has become increasingly hard to pull off when they are now sitting on such nice facilities.

Everything they have is the result of numerous local companies donating their time, material, and labor. The small portion that has actually been paid for has been done through Fertitta donated money. The school itself doesn't have a whole lot of money.

On 1/5/2021 at 1:30 PM, Rebels18 said:

Plus the cops see a kid under 20 driving a shiny sports car and they're not going to cut him any slack. 

Black sports cars get you pulled over a lot. Got pulled over for speeding twice* in the 7 years since having a challenger. Never pulled over in the 7 years driving an old white minivan. This is despite the fact I was probably speeding significantly more when I owned the minivan. 

*one was legit, other was kinda BS though was going 77mph in 70 zone. For freeways/highways I always follow the "over nine and your mine" rule (which a cop actually told me about. Technically there are three zones for speeding, first zone they are not even suppose to pull you over-ie only going few miles over, second zone they have the option of pulling you over and have the option of giving ticket or just warning, third zone they have to pull you over and have to give you ticket, and I guess technically a fourth zone where they have to arrest you). Zones various based on posted speed limit but in general if going 9 mph or less over speed limit you are ok (puts you in the lower range of the second zone and most cops don't bother because they find enough people speeding in the third zone or high range of second zone). Kinda garbage pulling me over going 77 mph in 70 zone. But the cop let me go with warning. Other case I was legit speeding, mid 80's in 70mph zone.  

2 hours ago, thedude15 said:

Black sports cars get you pulled over a lot. Got pulled over for speeding twice* in the 7 years since having a challenger. Never pulled over in the 7 years driving an old white minivan. This is despite the fact I was probably speeding significantly more when I owned the minivan. 

*one was legit, other was kinda BS though was going 77mph in 70 zone. For freeways/highways I always follow the "over nine and your mine" rule (which a cop actually told me about. Technically there are three zones for speeding, first zone they are not even suppose to pull you over-ie only going few miles over, second zone they have the option of pulling you over and have the option of giving ticket or just warning, third zone they have to pull you over and have to give you ticket, and I guess technically a fourth zone where they have to arrest you). Zones various based on posted speed limit but in general if going 9 mph or less over speed limit you are ok (puts you in the lower range of the second zone and most cops don't bother because they find enough people speeding in the third zone or high range of second zone). Kinda garbage pulling me over going 77 mph in 70 zone. But the cop let me go with warning. Other case I was legit speeding, mid 80's in 70mph zone.  

4th zone is if you're a hot chick they let you go w/ a warning every time.  Ex-girl of mine who was a smoking hot stripper, probably got pulled over once per month and at least 3 times while she was on the phone with me at 2am after her shift....she would be slurring, speeding, and on the phone. Not one ticket. Never buy into the white-male patriarchy bullsh*t. Most privileged demographic on earth are hot white chicks. 

Rebel18_zps27699187.gif

6 hours ago, Rebels18 said:

4th zone is if you're a hot chick they let you go w/ a warning every time.  Ex-girl of mine who was a smoking hot stripper, probably got pulled over once per month and at least 3 times while she was on the phone with me at 2am after her shift....she would be slurring, speeding, and on the phone. Not one ticket. Never buy into the white-male patriarchy bullsh*t. Most privileged demographic on earth are hot white chicks. 

You and @ph90702 are Eskimo brothers? :hmmm::D