Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BSUTOP25

POLL: After Hawaii and SUDS get their stadiums built, which will be the 2nd best in the MWC?

Which stadium will be 2nd best in the MWC?  

20 members have voted

1. 1. Which stadium will be 2nd best in the MWC?

• CSU’s Canvas Stadium
    • SUDS’ Stadium
    • Hawaii’s Stadium

2 hours ago, SDSUfan said:

Well one is in San Diego and one is in Honolulu so.....

Well yeah, obviously you got that.  I was referring to the facility itself though.

35 minutes ago, Headbutt said:

Well yeah, obviously you got that.  I was referring to the facility itself though.

I don't think SDSU is planning on any bleacher seats, so that's something I guess.  They're ALL nice and far superior to the Blue ghetto.

“Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts.”

-Richard Feynman

"When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators."

-P.J. O’Rourke

20 hours ago, BSUTOP25 said:

It’s a nice place for the other 11 MWC schools to call “home away from home.” 

For the foreseeable future, most MW teams will have a higher winning percentage in that stadium than the host school.   

"Don't underestimate Joe Biden's ability to F@*k things up."

Barack Obama

1 hour ago, Aslowhiteguy said:

For the foreseeable future, most MW teams will have a higher winning percentage in that stadium than the host school.   

Kinda like the Aztecs being 29 - 11 at the T&M over the last decade.

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

On 12/29/2020 at 8:57 PM, HawaiiMongoose said:

I think it's a little too early to vote since the Aloha Stadium replacement design is only conceptual and will be refined by whatever design-build team is ultimately chosen.  For example the C-shaped seating configuration could change, which IMHO would be a good thing since ideally most of the seats should be on the sidelines.

One other consideration is that all 35,000 seats in the Aloha Stadium replacement will supposedly be chairback seats - no bleachers!  This was stated a year ago by a legislator working on the project so I won't take it as gospel until it's confirmed for the final design.  However I hope it's true as that was one of the great attractions of Aloha Stadium and would be a huge amenity compared to what fans experience in other MWC stadiums.

Not shown for Hawaii: Add a rail transit system to the connectivity (that’s beautiful).

On 12/29/2020 at 6:52 PM, 4UNLV said:

Except, we don’t pay rent. 

REALLY...what to you call $900mm public funds?

Can't wait to tailgate on the shoulder of I-15 or the In 'n' Out Prk'g Lot

Anyone think Hawaii might drop football now.  I don't think they can afford to build a stadium.

broncomwc.png

2 hours ago, broncobob said:

Anyone think Hawaii might drop football now.  I don't think they can afford to build a stadium.

You haven't been paying attention then.

The program is fine, We will be using a brand new stadium paid for by the state that is set to be done in 2023 or latest 2024. No money on our end is to be paid for building it. In the meantime we will be using likely a combo of building up our on-campus field to NCAA requirements, War Memorial Stadium on Maui and an outside possibility of continued use of the current Aloha Stadium

Groundbreaking is set to begin in late 2021.

11 minutes ago, Eat_Your_Dried_Fruits said:

You haven't taken a piss at a football stadium until you've experienced the pisser troughs at Bulldog Stadium. Just hits differently than a smelly old urinal that nobody ever flushes. 

At least you can see what you are doing w/all those state-of-the-art LED's.

I hear Butterfield's & the Daily Planet in The Tower are closed.  What about that ole English pub out by the rail road tracks, the Sunnyside Drive-In & Clovis Lks?

16 minutes ago, GoState99755 said:

At least you can see what you are doing w/all those state-of-the-art LED's.

I hear Butterfield's & the Daily Planet in The Tower are closed.  What about that ole English pub out by the rail road tracks, the Sunnyside Drive-In & Clovis Lks?

Not sure on the pub. It could still be there. Sunnyside Drive-in is no longer there since the 180 freeway expansion went east. The nearest drive in in in Madera, just north of Fresno. 

BDS.jpeg.b92a1351cc7ee6a0de0c311059007356.jpeg

10 hours ago, BodyBagGame said:

CSU. Just stop with the blinking lights off and on when you actually score. That's just dumb.

don't let csu score then you wouldn't have that problem

On 12/31/2020 at 12:16 PM, ShoichiKUN808 said:

You haven't been paying attention then.

The program is fine, We will be using a brand new stadium paid for by the state that is set to be done in 2023 or latest 2024. No money on our end is to be paid for building it. In the meantime we will be using likely a combo of building up our on-campus field to NCAA requirements, War Memorial Stadium on Maui and an outside possibility of continued use of the current Aloha Stadium

Groundbreaking is set to begin in late 2021.

Cool.  I would hate to see Hawaii drop football.  I watched Fourth of July Fireworks at the War Memorial Stadium on Maui once a long time ago.

broncomwc.png

On 12/30/2020 at 3:53 AM, Headbutt said:

And as I recall watching the machinations of the process from afar, UNLV got screwed by having to play in the Raiders stadium.  A smaller, less impressive venue, wholly owned by UNLV would have been a launching pad for the UNLV athletic department to make massive strides financially.  Modern stadiums are not a Saturday thing.  They are a 7 day-a-week multipurpose money maker.  Nowhere would this be more true than Vegas.  Irregardless of the agreement on rent/no rent, whatever, UNLV is a tenant and not an owner.  I'm not making fun of UNLV over this, but rather commiserating on their lost opportunity.  Give SDSU a few years after theirs is done and watch how much revenue they generate vs playing in somebody else's oversized venue.

However you look at it though, UNLV is a tenant and not a stadium owner.

No. They lose money — but agree the situation is what it is. CSUs stadium is amazing.