Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

idkk

Starkel is coming back next season

37 minutes ago, creeper86 said:

Hall is a true junior....and he's short for an NFL DE. Great post season awards, an NFL pedigree, but, not even quite 6'2" will have NFL teams passing-at least likely until day 3. That said, All American honors and he may be thinking it can't get better than this. 

I expect OT Snyder and Gaither to come out. Wouldn't be surprised if the rest return, and Walker has to be excited to see his QB coming back-he also suffers from NFL size issues.

I thought hall was a senior but you’re right. I also didn’t realize he was that small. He plays much bigger than that. Even if he thinks he can get drafted being a true junior, it’s definitely in his best interest to come back. 

4 hours ago, SpartanGrad said:

Beat me to it. When is it going to be acceptable for SJSU fans to start smack talking everyone on this board? After MBB season?

2 weeks ago. You’re the mfing defending champs! Act like it!

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

Starkel and the Spartans are probably thinking they have a real shot next season at not only a repeat MWC championship but also an Access Bowl slot.  The schedule certainly sets up well for them.  They have a tune-up game on Week Zero against Southern Utah and then go up against USC at the Coliseum which will be playing its season opener.  If they can pull off the upset against USC they have a great chance to run the table.  Their other OOC games are against Western Michigan and New Mexico State, they have San Diego State and Fresno State at home, and they don't play Boise State unless both teams make it to the MWC title game.

19 hours ago, SJSUMFA2013 said:

+++++ yeah he is. We’re going with the byu plan. 

No, that would require Snyder to stay another year.  And even then, he'd still be at least 6 years yonger than their average OL player. 

Planning is an exercise of power, and in a modern state much real power is suffused with boredom. The agents of planning are usually boring; the planning process is boring; the implementation of plans is always boring. In a democracy boredom works for bureaucracies and corporations as smell works for skunk. It keeps danger away. Power does not have to be exercised behind the scenes. It can be open. The audience is asleep. The modern world is forged amidst our inattention.

18 hours ago, creeper86 said:

Hall is a true junior....and he's short for an NFL DE. Great post season awards, an NFL pedigree, but, not even quite 6'2" will have NFL teams passing-at least likely until day 3. That said, All American honors and he may be thinking it can't get better than this. 

I expect OT Snyder and Gaither to come out. Wouldn't be surprised if the rest return, and Walker has to be excited to see his QB coming back-he also suffers from NFL size issues.

Gaither and Snyder for sure... the first had enough injuries early to know how big of a risk another year could be, especially after being SJSU's #1 this year. Snyder is seen as a guarantee draft pick.

Walker is a tough one. I wouldn't begrudge him moving on, but you're right that his size probably keeps him from getting drafted. I think if he puts up video game numbers next year, it would improve his stock. 

Planning is an exercise of power, and in a modern state much real power is suffused with boredom. The agents of planning are usually boring; the planning process is boring; the implementation of plans is always boring. In a democracy boredom works for bureaucracies and corporations as smell works for skunk. It keeps danger away. Power does not have to be exercised behind the scenes. It can be open. The audience is asleep. The modern world is forged amidst our inattention.

3 hours ago, HawaiiMongoose said:

Starkel and the Spartans are probably thinking they have a real shot next season at not only a repeat MWC championship but also an Access Bowl slot.  The schedule certainly sets up well for them.  They have a tune-up game on Week Zero against Southern Utah and then go up against USC at the Coliseum which will be playing its season opener.  If they can pull off the upset against USC they have a great chance to run the table.  Their other OOC games are against Western Michigan and New Mexico State, they have San Diego State and Fresno State at home, and they don't play Boise State unless both teams make it to the MWC title game.

Whoa, whoa, whoa brudah, let’s not get carried away. Getting to the top is far easier than staying there.