Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bornontheblue

What makes you blessed ?

ME  I have an amazing spouse of 23 years who has stuck with me through every twist and turn , up and down, high and low I could imagine. I have an amazing young woman for a daughter who has started her freshman year in College. She makes good decisions and is really going to make something of herself after she fulfills her dream of graduating from law school. I have a degree in Accounting  from Boise State University which has opened doors for me so I can have a good career to have a good life for my family.

Being born White and living in the US during the late 20th and early 21st Century.

Having that leg up made my problems smaller and easier to overcome.

Period.

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

33 minutes ago, Spaztecs said:

Being born White and living in the US during the late 20th and early 21st Century.

Having that leg up made my problems smaller and easier to overcome.

Period.

Thankful for being White??? OMG that is so racist!!! Not the tone I was going for. 

4 minutes ago, bornontheblue said:

Thankful for being White??? OMG that is so racist!!! Not the tone I was going for. 

Not Racist.

Realistic as to why I have thrived despite my sub conscious desire to self destruct.

Yes, my wife, children, friends, and abilities have brought blessings, rewards, and joy to my life.

Being white in America made them moreso.

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

20 minutes ago, Spaztecs said:

Not Racist.

Realistic as to why I have thrived despite my sub conscious desire to self destruct.

Yes, my wife, children, friends, and abilities have brought blessings, rewards, and joy to my life.

Being white in America made them moreso.

So you are saying White parents enjoy their families more than other races?  Wow!! That is a really racist thing to say. 

Being white gave you more abilities!!! That is incredibly racist. You should be ashamed of yourself. 

12 minutes ago, bornontheblue said:

So you are saying White parents enjoy their families more than other races? Wow!! That is a really racist thing to say. 

You are entirely missing his point. As renoskier already pointed out, spaz is acknowledging his white privilege, not judging the skin color of others. 

1 minute ago, Posturedoc said:

You are entirely missing his point. As renoskier already pointed out, spaz is acknowledging his white privilege, not judging the skin color of others. 

So growing up in a white family is more blessed than another race?

110926run_defense710.jpg

I don't know. Sounds pretty racist to me. Thankful for being white. His kids are loved more because they are white. He has more abilities because he is white. Where I come from that is total racism. 

Definition per Mirriam-Webster:

Definition of blessed
1religion
a: held in reverence : VENERATED
the blessed saints
b: honored in worship : HALLOWED
the blessed Trinity
c: BEATIFIC
a blessed visitation
2: of or enjoying happiness
specifically, Christianity : enjoying the bliss of heaven —used as a title for a beatified person
the blessed Virgin Mary
3: bringing pleasure, contentment, or good fortune
a blessed event
4—used as an intensive
never had one blessed minute of instruction
— Charles Scribner Jr.

110926run_defense710.jpg

5 minutes ago, Posturedoc said:

He took a thread that was supposed to be for positive things in peoples lives and was a total douchebag.

2 minutes ago, bornontheblue said:

I don't know. Sounds pretty racist to me. Thankful for being white. His kids are loved more because they are white. He has more abilities because he is white. Where I come from that is total racism. 

Change “abilities” to “opportunities” and you’ll have the correct interpretations. 

I think the rest of your post is, again, a misinterpretation of what Spaz meant by his post, but he ought to be the one to clarify his intent, not me. 

Just now, Posturedoc said:

Change “abilities” to “opportunities” and you’ll have the correct interpretations. 

I think the rest of your post is, again, a misinterpretation of what Spaz meant by his post, but he ought to be the one to clarify his intent, not me. 

Saying he is blessed to be white is bad enough. 

2 minutes ago, Los_Aztecas said:

He took a thread that was supposed to be for positive things in peoples lives and was a total douchebag.

I think douchebag is taking it too far, but he definitely stirred the pot. This is grade A MWBoarding. 

No, and I sincerely doubt that’s what he meant. 

He was being an ass. Everyone is one once in awhile, it's alright.