Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

babs

OT: Just got the Vaccine

4 hours ago, Jeffkills said:

Did you get any certification?

You get a CDC registered card. The airlines are developing a travel pass app so the vaccinated and those with proof of previous infection can travel more freely. I suspect you can eventually upload the card into their system to be able to travel easier, kind of like a TSA prepass I suspect. Which makes me wonder if I could sell bootleg fake CDC vaccination cards

16 minutes ago, NorthWestCowboy said:

After vaccination you can still contract and theoretically spread the virus.  The vaccine helps you to fight it.  When they say the Pfizer vaccine is 95% effective what they are referrring to is 95% effective at stopping illness NOT 95% effective at stopping infection.  Still unknown as to the degree a vaccinated person could spread the virus.  Hopefully it is more like what we see with young school age children.  They can get COVID-19 but are poor spreaders of it because they rarely get sick and shed little virus.

It only means that statistically 95% of the study participants in the vaccine arm did not get infected. It doesn't interpret degree or severity of infection. Hopefully it translates to the broader population.

29 minutes ago, NMpackalum said:

It only means that statistically 95% of the study participants in the vaccine arm did not get infected. It doesn't interpret degree or severity of infection. Hopefully it translates to the broader population.

Actually this is not correct.  These studies only track symptoms and not actual infections.  If a study participant develops symptoms then they are tested for COVID-19 to verify the causal agent.  If a study participant does not develop symptoms they are not tested.  What we know is that a significant number of people infected with COVID-19 never develop symptoms.

https://www.sciencenews.org/article/covid-19-coronavirus-vaccines-questions-social-distance-mask-transmission

What’s more, neither the Pfizer nor the Moderna vaccine trials tested whether the vaccines prevent people from being infected with the virus. Those trials, instead, focused on whether people were shielded from developing disease symptoms. That means that it’s not clear whether vaccinated people could still develop asymptomatic infections — and thus still be able to spread the virus to others. 

So my cousin's husband is a religious zealot and is spreading a bunch of false shit on facebook with regard to people dying left and right from these vaccines. Against my better judgement I got into it with him on one of the more ridiculous conspiracies out there about a nurse named Tiffany Dover in Chattanooga, Tennessee who supposedly died 10 minutes after receiving it, spawned by a video showing her collapsing right after getting jabbed. 

I posted multiple credible sources showing that she is still alive, including social posts from her hospital, CHI Memorial, saying she is indeed well and working her regular shifts. He only responds with these sketch YouTube videos and random blabbering about the media cover up, coming of the antichrist, etc. Ugh ... no logic or reason whatsoever. But as mentioned, I should have known better than to engage. I only did it because I hope my cousin is smart enough to get vaccinated, even if she has to keep it secret from him. 

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

7 hours ago, Jeffkills said:

It has a proper title, and that doesn’t apply here anyway.

If it’s utterly unrelated and violates the culture here, then @mugtang makes an executive decision..

If the forums here had readily ascertainable, yet conflicting rules, you’d have an argument.

...but, what do I care?

wrong forum

ezgif-5-959914ff2250.gif.f0cc4fc558f5a154dc6ff5904c80bf34.gif

1 hour ago, NorthWestCowboy said:

Actually this is not correct.  These studies only track symptoms and not actual infections.  If a study participant develops symptoms then they are tested for COVID-19 to verify the causal agent.  If a study participant does not develop symptoms they are not tested.  What we know is that a significant number of people infected with COVID-19 never develop symptoms.

https://www.sciencenews.org/article/covid-19-coronavirus-vaccines-questions-social-distance-mask-transmission

What’s more, neither the Pfizer nor the Moderna vaccine trials tested whether the vaccines prevent people from being infected with the virus. Those trials, instead, focused on whether people were shielded from developing disease symptoms. That means that it’s not clear whether vaccinated people could still develop asymptomatic infections — and thus still be able to spread the virus to others. 

I oversimplified my statement. I stand corrected. However I was really trying to address the comment on the severity of disease which the study isn't powered to do. Efficacy of vaccines can be confusing. Here's the original article which I generally prefer over synopsis from other sources.

You might have read already too. 

https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMoa2034577

20 hours ago, Warbow said:

I can see one side effect already with this vaccine. It makes you confused and you start start posting on the wrong f’n forum😂

20 hours ago, babigos said:

See answer above. 

It seems a loss of 'sense of humor' is also affected!

"Make a mistake once and it becomes a lesson, make the same mistake twice and it becomes a choice."

4 hours ago, NorthWestCowboy said:

Good thing there appear to be several studies coming out now that asymptomatic spread may not necessarily be all that common.

v0icAvfW.jpg

4 minutes ago, UofNPackFan said:

I dunno, the OP does relate this to live sports so technically not a "wrong forum". Right?

It’s fine where it is for now. 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

7 minutes ago, Bob said:

So glad we all wore masks

There is a difference between asymptomatic and pre-symptomatic even if they look the same on the outside. If you are pre-symptomatic you can spread it easily but asymptomatic is less clear.

51 minutes ago, Bob said:

Masks appear to have made a tremendous difference in curbing the spread of COVID....not.

Some of the strictest rules in the country are here in LA County and the numbers are not going down at all.  

3 hours ago, tspoke said:

There is a difference between asymptomatic and pre-symptomatic even if they look the same on the outside. If you are pre-symptomatic you can spread it easily but asymptomatic is less clear.

No.  There is no difference at all.

14 hours ago, NMpackalum said:

You get a CDC registered card. The airlines are developing a travel pass app so the vaccinated and those with proof of previous infection can travel more freely. I suspect you can eventually upload the card into their system to be able to travel easier, kind of like a TSA prepass I suspect. Which makes me wonder if I could sell bootleg fake CDC vaccination cards

Yep, have a card to fly but no ID to vote. Just saying.......

..GO FALCONS..

On 12/29/2020 at 9:38 AM, NMpackalum said:

This is going to rile up the crazy nutters like my cousin's husband. "MARK OF THE BEAST!!!! ANTICHRIST 666!!!!" 

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

Guest #1Stunner
16 hours ago, BSUTOP25 said:

So @Bob- have you adamantly refused to wear rubbers as well?B256303D-8062-4CF8-B0A9-A498B2B3F9D2.jpeg.f3792c94ebaf6cf1efa4731cffee3c6e.jpeg

Thought @Bob already shared that he is a devout Catholic.  Not sure his thoughts on Birth Control.