Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

babs

OT: Just got the Vaccine

24 minutes ago, crixus said:

That's the one I hope to get. No second shot necessary.  

No you have to do two doses. But it’s 28 days instead of 21 days later 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

2 hours ago, babigos said:

It’s been a bit now and I feel completely fine. It was just like a flu shot. Don’t believe all the hype out there. Hope we can get more people on board for it, so we can get to watching live sports.

Cheers

That’s exactly what a chipped, Bill Gates zombie would say!

Happy for you. Don’t forget the follow up!

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

15 hours ago, mugtang said:

No you have to do two doses. But it’s 28 days instead of 21 days later 

Thank you. I can't wait to get the vaccination.

Guest #1Stunner

What is the advice for when a person is fully vaccinated?

Are they still expected to mask up (makes sense if required in a store, or somewhere) and social distance from friends and family members?    Or can they go back to pre-virus lifestyle?  

2 hours ago, babigos said:

It’s been a bit now and I feel completely fine. It was just like a flu shot. Don’t believe all the hype out there. Hope we can get more people on board for it, so we can get to watching live sports.

Cheers

Can't wait to get it! My wife took two exams, last week. One Tuesday, negative (too soon). Symptoms appear Sunday-Monday. One more Friday, positive. I took one yesterday, negative. It was suggested that I return Wednesday (Day 10) or Thursday, if obvious symptoms appear. So far, so good. I cannot wait to get that vaccine!!

I hope all of you who have managed to avoid it, remain in safe in good health.

17 minutes ago, #1Stunner said:

Are they still expected to mask up (makes sense if required in a store, or somewhere) and social distance from friends and family members?    Or can they go back to pre-virus lifestyle?  

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/faq.html#:~:text=Yes. CDC recommends that,COVID-19 vaccine

23 minutes ago, #1Stunner said:

I think everyone is going to be masked up until we approach herd immunity. 

What kind of proof do they give you for vaccination?  I think it would be a good move for there to be some sort of card, although that's a bit Orwellian.

33 minutes ago, #1Stunner said:

All that would be dumb if you have the antibodies.  However, a private business (grocery store) still has the right to require it, and I'll still respect that once I finally get the shots.

7 hours ago, babigos said:

Cheers

I got it two weeks ago. I’ve been describing it exactly like you did to those who ask. Similar to the flu vaccine, but hurt a little less for me. No side effects besides a little arm pain that lasted 2-3 days. 

Fresno_State_Jim_Sweeny_Field_(_Bulldog_Stadium).jpg

1 hour ago, #1Stunner said:

They’re recommending wearing masks, because they’re not sure if we can still be carriers of the virus. I’m sure they’ll know this tidbit soon enough though. 

47 minutes ago, DoubleBlueGold said:

Can't wait to get it! My wife took two exams, last week. One Tuesday, negative (too soon). Symptoms appear Sunday-Monday. One more Friday, positive. I took one yesterday, negative. It was suggested that I return Wednesday (Day 10) or Thursday, if obvious symptoms appear. So far, so good. I cannot wait to get that vaccine!!

I hope all of you who have managed to avoid it, remain in safe in good health.

Hoping for your and your wife’s health, man. I’ve had multiple exposures and tests. It’s nerve wracking. Glad to have a vaccine now. 

13 hours ago, Maynard Delecto said:

wrong forum

It has a proper title, and that doesn’t apply here anyway.

If it’s utterly unrelated and violates the culture here, then @mugtang makes an executive decision..

If the forums here had readily ascertainable, yet conflicting rules, you’d have an argument.

...but, what do I care?

New-Signature.jpg

13 hours ago, babigos said:

Cheers

Did you get any certification?

New-Signature.jpg

15 hours ago, #1Stunner said:

After vaccination you can still theoretically contract and spread the virus.  The vaccine helps you to fight it.  When they say the Pfizer vaccine is 95% effective what they are referrring to is 95% effective at stopping illness NOT 95% effective at stopping infection.  Still unknown as to the degree a vaccinated person could get infected and subsequently spread the virus.  Hopefully, at a minimum it is more like what we see with young school age children.  They can get COVID-19 but are poor spreaders of it because they rarely get sick and shed little virus.

4 hours ago, Jeffkills said:

Did you get any certification?

I was curious about this as well.  Definitely plan on getting it (I am a ways down the line) but would like to know if other people are getting it as well before we open everything up completely.