Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BSUTOP25

I wish this particular state would start acting responsibly so the rest of us didn’t have to pay the price

17 minutes ago, NMpackalum said:

Cali doesn't have the monopoly on irresponsibility. The anti vaxxers are really going to prolong the pain. There are vaccines going to waste because many healthcare workers are refusing to get vaccinated and sometimes sabotaging vaccines. I doubt the vaccination rate will be much over 60 percent eventually.  There is an article from the LA Times today essentially blaming this on Trump and the deterioration in trust with the CDC,  but this has been the trend well before Trump. Restrictions will be around alot longer than it has to.

So damn frustrating.

11 hours ago, toonkee said:

I don't know...I find it pretty easy. I love playing the covid card to get out of weddings and other terrible extended family things. But I understand it's harder for others that need more interaction than I do.

This is exactly how I feel.

56 minutes ago, NVGiant said:

I was just poking the bear a bit, for fun, while adding food for thought because I know you can take it. I’ll add that obviously there is more to this than young people being stupid, though that has clearly been a major contributor. This has been largely a collective failure, and it is frustrating as hell.

Just got done reading this grim article.

https://news.yahoo.com/nashville-bomber-linked-to-lizard-people-myth-investigators-say-013342704.html

1 hour ago, NMpackalum said:

Cali doesn't have the monopoly on irresponsibility. The anti vaxxers are really going to prolong the pain. There are vaccines going to waste because many healthcare workers are refusing to get vaccinated and sometimes sabotaging vaccines. I doubt the vaccination rate will be much over 60 percent eventually.  There is an article from the LA Times today essentially blaming this on Trump and the deterioration in trust with the CDC,  but this has been the trend well before Trump. Restrictions will be around alot longer than it has to.

Just got off the phone with my sister.  She said they just had a record 60 (60!!!) vaccines go to waste.

Clearly the staged roll out has flaws.  People are straight refusing to get vaccinated.  

@TheSanDiegan thought you would find this interesting.

1 hour ago, NMpackalum said:

The anti-vaccine idiots are out of control. I’ve been DM:ing @halfmanhalfbroncoand @mugtangwith screenshots of my cousin’s batshit husband’s FB posts. 

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

9 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Just got off the phone with my sister.  She said they just had a record 60 (60!!!) vaccines go to waste.

Clearly the staged roll out has flaws.  People are straight refusing to get vaccinated.  

+++++ the staged rollout at this point.  Offer it to the nurses and if they won't take it make that shit first come first serve to the public with everyone with gray hair getting to cut to the front of the line.

1 minute ago, Rofl_copter_dos said:

+++++ the staged rollout at this point.  Offer it to the nurses and if they won't take it make that shit first come first serve to the public with everyone with gray hair getting to cut to the front of the line.

Pretty much where I am at right now.  

CDC and WHO guidelines and advice are failing us again because once again they treat it like a lab experiment and refuse to take into consideration human nature.

“I am not convinced within myself that to its core and as a whole, humanity has, as some like to assume, progressed a great deal over the millennia. Human technology? Of course. Human beings? Hardly.”
― Criss Jami, Healology

1 hour ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

It's even worse in Wisconsin.

No reason as to why, but I'm sure there must be a very excellent reason for taking this action.

"WI Hospital: Worker Spoils 500 Coronavirus Vaccine Doses | Time" https://time.com/5925648/wisconsin-employee-fires-spoiling-covid-19-vaccine/

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

4 minutes ago, Spaztecs said:

It's even worse in Wisconsin.

No reason as to why, but I'm sure there must be a very excellent reason for taking this action.

"WI Hospital: Worker Spoils 500 Coronavirus Vaccine Doses | Time" https://time.com/5925648/wisconsin-employee-fires-spoiling-covid-19-vaccine/

I haven’t read the whole story yet. But is that person being prosecuted? 

1 minute ago, NVGiant said:

I imagine they will be but since the virus doses aren't federal property it's down to whatever state statutes are applicable in wisconsin.  Unless the DOJ wants to get them on like, terrorism or something. 

1 hour ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

It makes me wonder what percentage of the vaccines get shitcanned elsewhere for similar reasons. :hmmm:

What surprises me (and doesn't help) is how many healthcare workers have stated they don't intend on getting vaccinated - a survey of doctors and nurses indicated nearly half of each did not plan on getting either vaccine.

St-Javelin-Sm.jpgChase.jpg 

3 minutes ago, NVGiant said:

No further news based on the three stories I read. The one I posted was the most informative.

I'm sure it has something to do with the Kraeken, anti-vaxxing, 5G, George Soros/Bill Gates, Venezuela, Covid denial, the stolen election and a few other conspiracies I'm drawing a blank on at the moment.

Oh. I forgot, Hillary.

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

18 minutes ago, TheSanDiegan said:

It makes me wonder what percentage of the vaccines get shitcanned elsewhere for similar reasons. :hmmm:

What surprises me (and doesn't help) is how many healthcare workers have stated they don't intend on getting vaccinated - a survey of doctors and nurses indicated nearly half of each did not plan on getting either vaccine.

According to our Dr. from New Mexico, that is exactly what they are seeing as well.  As you said, when 50% of health care workers have no intention of getting vaccinated, it's a problem.  

At this point there is more evidence for it (lower than forecasted vaccination rates) being human choice than any logistical bottlenecks (although I am sure there are a rare few, like in a few Florida counties).  So let's let the old people get vaccinated who want.  

9 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

According to our Dr. from New Mexico, that is exactly what they are seeing as well.  As you said, when 50% of health care workers have no intention of getting vaccinated, it's a problem.  

At this point there is more evidence for it (lower than forecasted vaccination rates) being human choice than any logistical bottlenecks (although I am sure there are a rare few, like in a few Florida counties).  So let's let the old people get vaccinated who want.  

Vaccines getting shitcanned because they went to waste due to a scheduled roll-out (i.e., there were people outside the demographics prioritized in a given locality for the initial supply) is inexcusable. This - again - is where an effective process mitigates the risk of failure.

I am sure there are people in Group B who would jump at the chance to get vaccinated if there is greater supply than there is demand within Group A. 

27 minutes ago, TheSanDiegan said:

Vaccines getting shitcanned because they went to waste due to a scheduled roll-out (i.e., there were people outside the demographics prioritized in a given locality for the initial supply) is inexcusable. This - again - is where an effective process mitigates the risk of failure.

I am sure there are people in Group B who would jump at the chance to get vaccinated if there is greater supply than there is demand within Group A. 

Right now, based on what I am hearing from medical professionals across states, is that states more or less followed what was the wide consensus, that of inoculating first responders and medical workers first, elderly with pre existing conditions seconds, and then split by state on whether the other elderly or non elderly with pre existing conditions are third, fourth or fifth.   

In my very humble and as educated as I can make myself as a layman's opinion, the top down information is failing us and we need to start over.  Through no real fault of anybody.  Maybe the soft sciences should have been considered more, you know, how humans and especially Americans are thinking right now.  @smltwnrckr.

It's not logistics +++++ing things up right now by and large, it was over reliance on the top down guidelines with nobody in any state or federal level having a plan for "what if Americans gunna 'Merica".

2 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Right now, based on what I am hearing from medical professionals across states, is that states more or less followed what was the wide consensus, that of inoculating first responders and medical workers first, elderly with pre existing conditions seconds, and then split by state on whether the other elderly or non elderly with pre existing conditions are third, fourth or fifth.   

In my very humble and as educated as I can make myself as a layman's opinion, the top down information is failing us and we need to start over.  Through no real fault of anybody.  Maybe the soft sciences should have been considered more, you know, how humans and especially Americans are thinking right now.  @smltwnrckr.

It's not logistics +++++ing things up right now by and large, it was over reliance on the top down guidelines with nobody in any state or federal level having a plan for "what if Americans gunna 'Merica".

On the other hand, right now the UK is seemingly considering splitting the vaccine and giving everyone only the first dose (which provides only 50% immunity after a couple weeks) in an effort to get out of heavy lockdowns 

not sure which situation is worse honestly 

13 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

I think we're talking in circles around each other. And I think I've expended enough energy qualifying why the use case for the end-user side of the supply chain is as critical as any other component, and why the process owner - in this case the federal government - is abdicating their responsibility by neglecting the same.