Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ph90702

Go Gonzaga, Go!!!

1 hour ago, ph90702 said:

I hope Gonzaga wins it all this year because they’re going to have a drop off next year.  Suggs and Timme will declare early, and Kispert graduates.  They should still return Ayayi, Nembhard, and Watson.  My guess is that Strawther and Harris will be greatly improved, but they need another big to step up.

The only negative I can find with Mark Few is that he can’t recruit depth.  The bottom of his rosters have been pretty bad.

They are probably adding a lot of guys next year. Gonzaga always reloads. Chet Holmgren is probably a Gonzaga player.

1 hour ago, Wolverine said:

This is laugh out loud in so many ways.  Few reloads every year one way or another.  Zags probably haven’t had a down year in your lifetime.  Can’t recruit depth?  How the hell are you a perennial Top 10 program for a decade plus if you can’t recruit depth?  Stick to what you know best.... The evolution of Dave Rice as the next great HC and $1000 therapy sessions at the Mustang Ranch.

They are never capable of playing more than seven guys.

They are probably a three or a four seed next year.

I hope Gonzaga wins it all this year because they’re going to have a drop off next year.  Suggs and Timme will declare early, and Kispert graduates.  They should still return Ayayi, Nembhard, and Watson.  My guess is that Strawther and Harris will be greatly improved, but they need another big to step up.

The only negative I can find with Mark Few is that he can’t recruit depth.  The bottom of his rosters have been pretty bad.

I wish, they just keep reloading,   Coach Few tend to play with a shorter bench by choice and not for a lack of talent,   He can develop talent, rather than throwing them to the wolves.  Both Oumar Ballo 7' 260 and Pavel Zakharov 7' 235 were 4 star recruits in 2019 along with Drew Timme 6' 10" 235 and Anton Watson 6' 8" 225.   2020 they landed 5 star Jalen Suggs 6' 4" 205 and Florida transfer Andrew Nembhard 6' 5" 193, plus 4 star recruits Julian Strawther 6' 7" 205, Ben Gregg 6' 10" 225 and  Dominick Harris 6' 3" 190.  They also have 2021 4 star commit Kaden Perry 6' 9" 210.  But what really has help Gonzaga is the grad transfers that Coach Few has been able to bring in Admon Gilder- Texas A&M and Ryan Woolridge- North Texas last year; Geno Crandall- North Dakota (2018-19).  Coach also has brought in transfers in recent years like: Brandon Clarke- San Jose St, Jeremy Jones- Rice, Johnathan Williams- Missouri, Nigel Williams-Goss- Washington, and ect...

They are never capable of playing more than seven guys.

They are probably a three or a four seed next year.

Of the current Top 10 ranked teams, each team has 7-10 players averaging 10 plus minutes a game.  Houston being the only one with 10.  Gonzaga has 7 such players, plus 1 more averaging 9 minutes a game.  In 2019-2020 Gonzaga had 8 players averaging 10 plus minutes a game and in 2018-2019 the Zags had 9 such players.  I’m not going back any further to debunk your “never” claim.  If a 3 or 4 seed is your criteria for a drop off year, we should all be so damned.  Like I said, you need to stick to what you are best at.

5 hours ago, ph90702 said:

I don’t think Timme, as good as he is, is an NBA player, so I think he stays. Plus they’re going to get the number one recruit in the country, Suggs former high school teammate, Chet Holmgren and the number one or two point guard or combo guard in Hunter Sallis. They will most likely have the number one class next year. It’s insane.

24 minutes ago, thespywhozaggedme said:

I don’t think Timme, as good as he is, is an NBA player, so I think he stays. Plus they’re going to get the number one recruit in the country, Suggs former high school teammate, Chet Holmgren and the number one or two point guard or combo guard in Hunter Sallies. They will most likely have the number one class next year. It’s insane.

Yup, Gonzaga will lose some players next year for sure. But they will be bringing in the #1 overall recruit, another top 15 player and 2 more top 100 players.

They are going to reload next year. 

1 hour ago, Original_Irish said:

Yup, Gonzaga will lose some players next year for sure. But they will be bringing in the #1 overall recruit, another top 15 player and 2 more top 100 players.

They are going to reload next year. 

If Nembhard and Cook come back you’re going to have those 2+ Dominic Harris and Hunter Sallis in the back court, Watson, Timme and Chet Holmgren up front and Ballo, Kaden Perry and Greg and Strawther backing them up. They will probably be preseason ranked number one next year as well.

3 minutes ago, Wolverine said:

Not so much now...

Yeah they are struggling in a major way on defense. Also starting to get tired after playing with a ton of energy the first few minutes. Very good passing team though - they’ve gotten a lot of wide-open layups on the Zags. Zags might score 120 though.