Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ph90702

Go Gonzaga, Go!!!

I'll always be convinced that the Gonzaga mess was just the 'Zag administration playing the WCC. Of the "Bluebloods" they've got to have the best gig: Weak, weak conference and nobody cares.

Gonzaga would be in the Big East right now if they were in St. Louis as opposed to Spokane.

They are better off in the WCC as opposed to the MWC because they get 15 non-conference games in a normal year.  The MWC is probably going to go to 11 (huge mistake).

1 hour ago, bsu_alum9 said:

This bracket always cracks me up.

2020_University_Credit_Union_West_Coast_

It actually really a smart bracket, it really decreases the chance of playing the bottom teams in the conference one more time,   They also got their way of not having to play all teams home and away (in Gonzaga's case in it's one less game against the 2 bottom from the year before, aka the teams that finished #9 & #10).   Thus, it all about trying to do less damage to the top teams in the WCC SOS which should help in improving the WCC chances for at-large bids to the NCAA Tournament.

Just now, Blue voodoo said:

Why we care about the Zags?

For me?  The are the best basketball program in the West right now and have been for sometime.  They are also just a 6 hour drive from Boise, regionality makes them more interesting.  Small school, cool story.  

I hope Gonzaga wins it all this year because they’re going to have a drop off next year.  Suggs and Timme will declare early, and Kispert graduates.  They should still return Ayayi, Nembhard, and Watson.  My guess is that Strawther and Harris will be greatly improved, but they need another big to step up.

The only negative I can find with Mark Few is that he can’t recruit depth.  The bottom of his rosters have been pretty bad.

31 minutes ago, e-zone99 said:

It actually really a smart bracket, it really decreases the chance of playing the bottom teams in the conference one more time,   They also got their way of not having to play all teams home and away (in Gonzaga's case in it's one less game against the 2 bottom from the year before, aka the teams that finished #9 & #10).   Thus, it all about trying to do less damage to the top teams in the WCC SOS which should help in improving the WCC chances for at-large bids to the NCAA Tournament.

It is, but also greatly benefits Gonzaga. You think UNLV would agree to a bracket that makes them win 6 straight games in order to win the championship?

57 minutes ago, ph90702 said:

I hope Gonzaga wins it all this year because they’re going to have a drop off next year.  Suggs and Timme will declare early, and Kispert graduates.  They should still return Ayayi, Nembhard, and Watson.  My guess is that Strawther and Harris will be greatly improved, but they need another big to step up.

The only negative I can find with Mark Few is that he can’t recruit depth.  The bottom of his rosters have been pretty bad.

This is laugh out loud in so many ways.  Few reloads every year one way or another.  Zags probably haven’t had a down year in your lifetime.  Can’t recruit depth?  How the hell are you a perennial Top 10 program for a decade plus if you can’t recruit depth?  Stick to what you know best.... The evolution of Dave Rice as the next great HC and $1000 therapy sessions at the Mustang Ranch.

43 minutes ago, bsu_alum9 said:

It is, but also greatly benefits Gonzaga. You think UNLV would agree to a bracket that makes them win 6 straight games in order to win the championship?

But think of the potential of 6 straight sellouts at T&M