Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BSUTOP25

POLL: Should we poach an AAC school or two?

Should we poach the AAC?  

36 members have voted

1. 1. Should we poach the AAC?

• Yes - Tis the season of giving and we could use another travel destination with great titty bars
    • No - We shouldn’t dilute this league with riff raff that is beneath us

I have always said the biggest mistake the conference made was not invite SMU, Tulsa and attempt to get Memphis the day Boise State was invited or before the AAC was conceived. Not getting the two G5 Texas teams always seemed like a big mistake. 

4 minutes ago, Headbutt said:

I'm trying to keep up.  Are we still kicking SJSU out?

Kinda' need to know before I answer.

Nope, SJSU can stay and they get to have their own term sheet lite. 

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

This seems a December of delusion and I also vote for SMU and Houston. Put Hair on it right away and  it shall be done. We may have to give them an extra $1.8 million each. Perhaps Boise can help us with that.

36 minutes ago, tailingpermit said:

I believe inviting Tulane would be a major moral booster for Wyoming and Colorado State.  

We are already rivals with them. Great addition 

16 hours ago, PokeTransplant said:

The only teams that make sense to "poach" are Wichita State, SMU, and Houston.  Leave the rest to rot on the east coast.

Wichita State wanted membership, but for some reason they got turned down. SMU and Houston would be great additions , but I'm 100 % sure they are not interested.

1 hour ago, ole blu dude said:

Wichita State wanted membership, but for some reason they got turned down. SMU and Houston would be great additions , but I'm 100 % sure they are not interested.

At the time, the MW was fixated on Full Membership.p

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

20 hours ago, BSUTOP25 said:

Should we extend a life line to Memphis or Cincy? Or do we let them wither on the vine?

Votr

Can we afford the extra medical costs associated with hosting their obese fan bases in our stadiums? It’s not a real AAC game unless two fans die of heart attack by the end of the game.

There are only two things I can't stand in this world: people who are intolerant of other people's cultures and the Dutch. 

19 hours ago, BSUTOP25 said:

Nope, SJSU can stay and they get to have their own term sheet lite. 

Did you know about our TV market?

Planning is an exercise of power, and in a modern state much real power is suffused with boredom. The agents of planning are usually boring; the planning process is boring; the implementation of plans is always boring. In a democracy boredom works for bureaucracies and corporations as smell works for skunk. It keeps danger away. Power does not have to be exercised behind the scenes. It can be open. The audience is asleep. The modern world is forged amidst our inattention.

2 hours ago, ole blu dude said:

You're not doing this right. Just say 'Yes, we're going to steal them, they'll be great additions to the conference.'

And yes, I'd go for those 3. No others.

6 minutes ago, 4UNLV said:

You're not doing this right. Just say 'Yes, we're going to steal them, they'll be great additions to the conference.'

And yes, I'd go for those 3. No others.

If it was up to me Wichita would be a member now, and of course adding SMU and Houston would be great.

6 hours ago, madmartigan said:

Can we afford the extra medical costs associated with hosting their obese fan bases in our stadiums? It’s not a real AAC game unless two fans die of heart attack by the end of the game.

Gonna be extra tough pushing those grandmas down the stairs. Challenge accepted.