Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

halfmanhalfbronco

Boise coaching search thread. Andy is coming home!!!

2 minutes ago, Jeffkills said:

Imagine going to the AAC:

4sn2o0.jpg

Stop it with the gay jokes. They’re not funny.

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

19 minutes ago, BSUTOP25 said:

That particular gay joke wasn't funny but some can be. Lighten up.

They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. 
         ---Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759.

So sounds like we're down to:

Avalos (Oregon DC - former Boise LB)

Choate (Montana St. HC)

Brian Johnson (Florida OC, former Ute QB) - suprisingly only makes $500k as an SEC OC.

Graham Harrell (USC OC, former Texas Tech QB)

-possibly 2 more unknown candidates. Decision supposedly to be made within the next day.

9 minutes ago, bsu_alum9 said:

Aikman says Kellen accepted the Boise job but pulled out due to Boise's supposed lack of commitment to the program ($).

This is all very disappointing, considering we basically had Kellen on the fishing hook, but somebody blinked....

BTW, @Tromp, only idiots don't utterly accommodate someone like Kellen Moore RE all;his desires for growing the FB program.  To me, it seems like I just saw a dirty underbelly from Tromp a bit, considering that the entire university essentially suckles off FB, one way or another...

See, you gotta be able to close those sales; also, any salesman worth his salt understand there might be a reneging before closing, that's when you lay the final offer on the table RE $$ and authority..

I want to say the leadership at BSU was unprepared, inflexible, and ineffective.  There's no way Kellen's going through interviews and talking with BSU unless he's willing to accept the financial relative that comes with it..

I think what he have here, is our inability to hard close over Jerry's $$...  Again, tromp should've been capable of throwing another million on his contract to ensure the sale..

But, nope...

Plus, dimes to donuts, Jerry sat that kid down and told him about big time money - it's pretty automatic...

New-Signature.jpg

12 minutes ago, bsu_alum9 said:

Aikman says Kellen accepted the Boise job but pulled out due to Boise's supposed lack of commitment to the program ($).

Don't get me wrong assistants salaries are always a HUGE deal but they would have been especially important for KM. As a young, first time, relatively inexperienced coach he probably would have wanted to have one (or ideally both) of his OC and DC to be head coach material (like Rocky Long being the DC at New Mexico). Those type of OC/DC don't come cheap. 

49 minutes ago, BSUTOP25 said:

Without you quoting my post, it'd have wondered off into the great nothing, as captain censors his users here and intentionally deletes my posts..

:police:

New-Signature.jpg

Avalos already had an interview and apparently said no if they are interviewing other candidates. One of the reasons the press conference with Dickey was later in the day.

I don't think Boise State has the money to pay Avalos or Johnson.

2 minutes ago, tailingpermit said:

I have this feeling that it's not going to be Avalos, or any DC.

Yeah unless you are getting elite talent I think it is easier to find success on the offensive side of the ball. I mean there just seems to be a larger pool of talent to draw from at the skilled positions on the offensive side of the ball.  Has there ever been a truly great defensive little 5 school that made an access/bcs bowl? I mean the year BSU played TCU they both had solid D BUT in generally the little 5 get in one of those big bowl games by having a great offense. 

1 minute ago, Ibanez said:

Avalos already had an interview and apparently said no if they are interviewing other candidates. One of the reasons the press conference with Dickey was later in the day.

I don't think Boise State has the money to pay Avalos or Johnson.

So, you're saying Andy has somehow declined because we don't have enough money to adequately pay for a proper HC?

New-Signature.jpg

1 minute ago, Jeffkills said:

So, you're saying Andy has somehow declined because we don't have enough money to adequately pay for a proper HC?

He was in Boise yesterday and some of the insiders were saying he would be named coach today. So something had to of happened. Maybe Oregon paid more for him to stay but I doubt it. Either that or maybe Dickey asked to do a few more interviews.

Either way, Avalos is no longer in town.