Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

halfmanhalfbronco

Boise coaching search thread. Andy is coming home!!!

14 minutes ago, VandalPride97 said:

Having seen our school play in the Sun Belt, a far flung conference with no natural enemies, I can't help but wonder what the emotional draw is for the AAC.  Yes, there will me a bit of an increase in $ and maybe it will translate to a little more bowl inclusion, but if you think the fans are going to get up to see games against random schools you're wrong.  Appy State was the best in the SBC and at no point was I ever like "hell yeah, I'm looking forward to the App State game."  It just doesn't happen.  There are maybe 3 teams in the AAC that will be interesting,  The rest will just sorta exist as generic opponents.  There is a vast difference between what looks good on paper and what is good from a visceral standpoint.  BSU fans will miss Nevada, Fresno, etc.  I know because I've been missing those fukkers since the WAC folded.  If the world was a perfect place and Idaho got to choose between the MWC and the AAC with more money, there would not be a millisecond of hesitation before I picked the MWC.  Plus, I'm not sure if BSU's savage rivalry with UCF trumps its savage rivalry with SJSU.  It just does not compute.

We miss playing them too. But.... We hardly play Nevada and Fresno State anymore. Not like they put up a big fight to keep the rivalries going either. That's on Boise State and those schools. Or........maybe people on the board are right. Boise State only cares about themselves.

58 minutes ago, VandalPride97 said:

Having seen our school play in the Sun Belt, a far flung conference with no natural enemies, I can't help but wonder what the emotional draw is for the AAC.  Yes, there will me a bit of an increase in $ and maybe it will translate to a little more bowl inclusion, but if you think the fans are going to get up to see games against random schools you're wrong.  Appy State was the best in the SBC and at no point was I ever like "hell yeah, I'm looking forward to the App State game."  It just doesn't happen.  There are maybe 3 teams in the AAC that will be interesting,  The rest will just sorta exist as generic opponents.  There is a vast difference between what looks good on paper and what is good from a visceral standpoint.  BSU fans will miss Nevada, Fresno, etc.  I know because I've been missing those fukkers since the WAC folded.  If the world was a perfect place and Idaho got to choose between the MWC and the AAC with more money, there would not be a millisecond of hesitation before I picked the MWC.  Plus, I'm not sure if BSU's savage rivalry with UCF trumps its savage rivalry with SJSU.  It just does not compute.

There are some primo beaches in Orlando with boardwalk Waffle Houses however. 

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

1 hour ago, BSUTOP25 said:

Come home Andy. 

AEAC4A30-B21C-4767-B08A-C51EC18C1D97.jpeg.859909202567f8db0c03d8c316f974e4.jpeg

Recently, we were discussing places to travel to once this pandemic is over and we're vaccinated. My 3rd grader's choice is Idaho. My wife and I looked at each other 😃. I asked why, he said because of the potatoes. I said, if not summer, then maybe for the potato bowl (which I watched and may have added to his idea). And hopefully SJSU is in that bowl, if not a higher tier bowl.

This is taking way too long for a coach(Avalos) that was identified right after Harsin left.

They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. 
         ---Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759.

3 minutes ago, bsu_alum9 said:

To all the Bedell haters, looks like Harsin wants to keep him.

https://flywareagle.com/2021/01/03/auburn-football-brad-bedell-ol-coach/

Thank you Jesus!!!! Bedell was probably going to get run out of town whether Harsin stayed or not.

He's awful.

They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. 
         ---Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759.

Guest #1Stunner
13 minutes ago, bsu_alum9 said:

In other news...BYU OC leaves for same position at Baylor.

He gets a pay raise, and gets to return to his home State of Texas.

Also...probably a good move if he wants to be a head coach.   Texas has so many more football jobs than Utah.   If he does well, maybe he'll land a head coaching job in CUSA or the Sun Belt?

Guy is an amazing Offensive Line coach.  He worked with Baylor's head coach at LSU

24 minutes ago, #1Stunner said:

He gets a pay raise, and gets to return to his home State of Texas.

Also...probably a good move if he wants to be a head coach.   Texas has so many more football jobs than Utah.   If he does well, maybe he'll land a head coaching job in CUSA or the Sun Belt?

Guy is an amazing Offensive Line coach.  He worked with Baylor's head coach at LSU

Joining a Dave Aranda led staff is a smart move. Best Of luck to him. 

There are only two things I can't stand in this world: people who are intolerant of other people's cultures and the Dutch. 

1 hour ago, DoubleBlueGold said:

Recently, we were discussing places to travel to once this pandemic is over and we're vaccinated. My 3rd grader's choice is Idaho. My wife and I looked at each other 😃. I asked why, he said because of the potatoes. I said, if not summer, then maybe for the potato bowl (which I watched and may have added to his idea). And hopefully SJSU is in that bowl, if not a higher tier bowl.

Most potatoes are grown in eastern Idaho, not around Boise. If he wants to come to Idaho, I would not recommend this time of year. September/October is nicest- or summer if you don't mind the heat.